Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 83 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 94 reviews
on October 15, 2014
I must agree with some of the other reviews. The noise this thing cranks out is a major distraction, and no, it isn't in my bedroom. The unit is installed under my kitchen counters, and I can hear it in my living room as I'm typing this review.

The fridge exists in three states: A constant low hum, audible in the kitchen but not adjacent rooms. A whine type sound that sounds like a small toy car winding up, this noise can be heard from adjacent rooms and our bedroom upstairs. This whining is the killer as it spins up every 1-2 minutes. Third noise is the classic sound of the compressor kicking in. That is less frequent, but expected. It is still a much louder compressor than my full size GE refrigerator, but also much cheaper so can't complain too much about that.

I wish I wouldn't have bought this thing. I can't enjoy a movie or reading a book anywhere in my house without the constant reminder of my wine cooler.
on October 8, 2013
I purchased the Whynter Built-In Wine Cooler as a replacement for the Whynter WC-211DZ that I've been using in the same under-cabinet space since October 2010. The build quality of the BWR-18SD is an order of magnitude better than the WC-211DZ. Amazon shipped the unit to me triple-backed and it arrived unblemished. Initially it wouldn't fit under my 34 inch counter top due to some tile floor irregularities. I was able to remove the adjustable feet and install the unit perfectly. The unit is very quiet and chilled my red wines to my preferred 64 degrees F very quickly. It was very easy to put on the door handle. Not that the door handle does stick out a bit from the unit. I would have preferred to have an option for the handle that wasn't so large. There is a water tray that the manual indicates to fill with 3/4 water for humidity control. The water tray does eliminate one bottle of storage from the top tray. The trays are somewhat staggered to accommodate larger bottles on the bottom tray. The trays accommodate "bulk-storage" meaning that you need to turn the bottles around or stagger (i.e., stagger them front to pack) to maximize storage. There is a good photo showing the bulk-storage. The bottom-line is that I'm initially very satisfied with the purchase as a replacement for my WC-211DZ. It seems like the unit will last many years as its extremely high-quality.
on August 23, 2013
The 12" Braun trash compactor finally gave out after 12 years -- how to replace that space? After internet searching we settled on the 12" Whynter wine cooler and we love it. It's summer, and an extra fridge to hold so many other things besides wine is a joy. Yes, we have white wine in it, plus lemonade, iced tea, vodka and tonic, long necked beer, and so forth. Wonderful addition and it works so well. Easy to install. Now we have room in the refrigerator because many drinks are in the Whynter.
on March 1, 2017
I had my wine cooler for 1 year and 2 months and it crapped out. Can't get any parts list for it, can't get anywhere with the company. It's out of warranty and I tried to order parts and that's impossible as well. I will never waste $499 or even $1 on Whynter POS products again. No support and bad customer service.
on March 1, 2017
I should have listened to the reviews. Noisy unit. Sounds like a cheap college dorm fridge. I can never sit and enjoy quiet. When the unit isn't running it is cycling and still making sounds. I wish I could return it
on September 28, 2013
Purchased to replace space where 12" garbage compactor had been. It is pretty quiet and keeps the wine cool. You can see the temp at any time through the front door.
on March 30, 2017
Have an other Whynter in kitchen and works perfectly. Therefore the purchase of one more for my pool bar area.
on March 14, 2017
Died after 2 years. Totally bummed.
on December 4, 2012
I purchased this item about four months ago and I still love it. I was looking for a narrow wine fridge that that I could install into the center island in my kitchen. I did not have much space so this 12" wide model was perfect. I still cant believe it holds as much as it does. I purchased this on my Prime Membership and had it shipped overnight for $4 (I have no idea how Amazon makes any money when they will ship a big item for $4) Anyway, I have noticed that at times the fridge does make some noise but it is nothing that will ever bother you. This fridge does drop the temperature of bottles very quickly. I am very happy with this fridge, I would highly reccomend it.
on March 2, 2012
I received the fridge yesterday and it was in good condition, and when I turned it turned on it dropped the temperature inside from 76 to 54 in about 15-20 minutes. It appears to be made of quality construction and since its a fridge and not a cooler Im expecting it to last a long time. The one issue is that when the coolant cycles there is a noise that can be heard outside the kitchen. Im not sure if thats what I can always expect but Im going to see how to correct that.

I picked the Whynter because I found a site that reviewed wine fridges ([...]) and the Whynter had good reviews.