Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 38 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on July 18, 2015
I bought these because of the review by lkd02445 saying how puncture resistant they are and also because they came up when I searched for pigskin gloves. Pigskin is great for abrasion and puncture resistance though its not clear what kind of leather these are made from.

Anyway, they work great for my purpose which is to protect from Bougainvillea thorns and the fiberglass like hairs on bamboo and elephant grass. Only the sharpest longest thorns get through. The fit is also amazing and I like the shape of the gloves. I have mixed feelings about the lining. I live in the tropics and almost always work in the hot sun and high humidity so I don't want insulation. On the other hand it does wick sweat well so my hands don't feel like they are dripping wet. The problem is that once your hands do sweat, its hard to get these gloves back on as the lining will stick.

The big problem with these gloves is that they don't last very long. My first pair started showing some abrasion wear after only one summer of use. I still like these gloves but save them to use only when I'm dealing with thorns. If they were cheaper I'd just keep buying more because they feel so great, but at the price I'm not sure I'll buy any more. If you only use these for driving or to keep your hands warm in cool weather they'd probably last a long time. For regular yardwork I'd look for something else.

Recommended with reservations.
on December 2, 2016
I've been buying a pair of these gloves every other year for about 10 years I think. I used to love them. The most recent pair I received was a huge let down. Marmot must have cost reduced them or switched suppliers. The leather is significantly lower quality and the insulation is about 50% what it used to be. I'm comparing to my worn out two year old pair next to them and they are warmer than the new pair. New ones feel like a thin leather work glove with a very thin fuzzy lining vs the old nice plush lining. These are definitely not worth the money any more. Better off buying a cheaper off brand work glove. sigh
on January 15, 2016
I generally like Marmot gear, but this is an exception. The leather, while soft, is not durable for a work glove. They wear more like a dress glove, and if that's your intended use, they should be fine.

As a work glove, these are too flimsy, and way overpriced-- I have pairs of Carhartt and no-name hardware store gloves that have held up much better for one-third the price.
on February 13, 2013
Marmot hit the nail on the head with this Basic Work Glove. The leather is durable and shapes well over time. The more you wear them the more you'll love them. Not great for standing around in the cold, but for working a shovel around town there isn't much better. If you can get away with sizing down a hair, the glove will provide better dexterity, but it does run pretty true to size. I am often between a Small and a Medium in most gloves and these are the same fit. I went with a Medium because it was available, but could have probably gone with a small and had better grip, but would have lost a little warmth. Something to consider.

One thing to consider is that these are not waterproof! They will get wet if you are handling something wet. If waterproofing is important you can wax them fairly easily.

For my needs I mainly use these gloves for backpacking/hiking. Highly Recommended gear!
on November 17, 2014
These are great gloves driving, and just going out in the winter. Reason for not 5 stars is the fit is inconsistent. Last year I bought Large's and this year bought them again, and the newer Large's fit more like a Medium. Makes it really hard to buy on Amazon without first trying on.
on June 28, 2011
Love these gloves. I used them this past winter while stationed at Ft. Drum, NY. They are a great glove for everyday use, wearing to work, the gym, or even to dinner. I used these while helping a friend build a barn in temperatures from 20-30 degrees. They are warm enough in the mid 20's and I was able to hold a hammer and drive nails with them. Any colder than 20 or with a wind chill I'd get a warmer glove. I will buy another pair of these if they wear out. I might just buy another pair just because they're that good.
on December 16, 2016
Stiff leather but well made. Soft inner lining provides comfort as well as warmth.
on June 23, 2017
Excellent…!!! Fast shipping ! Great Seller.. Thanks !!
on February 19, 2013
I am a female with small hands and have great difficulty finding really tough work gloves. I use gloves for clearing brush including mesquite and cactus , also use the gloves while cutting and pruning trees with a chain saw. Although these gloves are a bit large they are much sturdier and more comfortable than most gloves. I have yet to find women's gloves that hold up to what I do and yet still are comfortable. Because of the lining they are great in winter. On average I wear out three to four pairs of gloves a year and will probably order another pair.
on January 14, 2015
I've had a couple of pairs of these gloves and they are very much worth the price tag. They are durable and surprisingly warm. I've taken them on short rides (less than 10 minutes) in -20F weather and they hold up in the cold quite well. My last pair lasted over a year and a half before I wore them down. Very impressed with them.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.