Truck Reviews HPC Audible Mel Robbins Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on January 2, 2012
I had previously purchsed this item from another location in the original packaging, so I knew what I was looking for. I searched for the item number and the correct description. The description on this item matched what I had already purchased - including the item number. However when it arrived, it did NOT match the description. Not in original packaging, no timer and the lights varied in color from white to yellow. In addition, the connection between the battery section and where the lights started heated up quickly and was very hot. I'm disappointed that it claimed to be something it clearly wasn't.
35 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 10, 2012
The lights are very nice so I ordered 2 more sets. The original have a timer and great battery life. On my second order I recieved 2 sets that looked the same but no timer. Also these burn through batteries in about 8 hrs the first set is on a week now six hrs timer and still going on original batteries . The second sets are a cheaper version. Contacted seller they replied with an e-mail about me taking pictures so they can see what I am talking about so he can take care of it. I am not the only one who had cheaper lights substituted on the second order. One more thing. The shipping charge is $7.99 when the first one arrived the shipping lable was around 2 dollars. That is not cool.2nd time from 2 different sellers on mini lights go stuck with junk. Will go through amazon for return.
42 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 2, 2014
Great product! I was extremely satisfied about the product itself - creates a lovely light and held up great in my wedding centerpieces. The wire is so thin you can barely see it amid even just a few flowers, and they are flexible and can be easily wrapped, holding their shape well. The lights are amazingly vibrant for such tiny diodes, and the warm color is very nice.

The first time I ordered a batch of about 25 of these, almost half that arrived were the wrong color - "cool white", so I had to send them back. The replacements ALSO had several "cool white" mixed in, which suggests that however they store them they are not well separated out, so if you are working on a tight time frame and really want ALL warm white...you might want to order a few extras and be prepared to return them. Customer service was prompt and apologetic, so no complaints there, just clearly there is some communication/storage failure with the proper sorting of them in the warehouse.
3 people found this helpful
on November 8, 2015
What a fun little item to add to my nativity scene. This review was issued before I had
my Nativity scene set up. I set up a short while ago, and the lights worked about 12
times. I tried to light the unit yesterday and nothing happened. This light string uses
three AAA batteries and they rattle around in the box and do not make contact sometimes.
I shook the container and they did make contact but nothing happened. What a waste of
money. I bought two of these to have on hand for Christmas decorations so I am out of
luck in returning them as the return period has lapsed.
One person found this helpful
on December 9, 2017
I received these on November 29, and today is December 10. I started using them the same night they arrived. I put in brand new standard Duracell batteries, and the lights are still working. They have started to dim down slightly the past couple of days, but I am still happy with them. These are perfect for a Christmas craft project. Not one issue with the timer. Battery has lasted almost 2 weeks and still going with the timer on.
on April 18, 2012
These string lights were advertised to have a timer, which they do not. Instead, they flash off and on ( a feature which I never use.) Also, the bulbs do not have a warm glow, but instead more of a fluorescent glow. I would not purchase them again.
20 people found this helpful
on December 22, 2011
I purchased these lights to make a lamp out of an interesting bottle that I have. They are lovely - bright and clear. The lights are much brighter than I expected and are powered by 3 AA batteries. Because the lights are LEDs, there's no heat generated and they draw very little power. I wouldn't want to use them in an application that you needed to move them around a lot or rebend the wire frequently. The wire is very delicate - it wouldn't take much to break it. As long as you aren't continually putting the wire under much stress, they should be fine. Great for accent lighting where you set them up and leave them alone.
7 people found this helpful
on February 17, 2015
These are the coolest little LED's ... I thought nine feet was going to be plenty, but I'd prefer a longer string next time. We've got it on a landing in our stairwell that has our houseplants on it. The string wrapped nicely around a plant shelf and turns on at dusk (only because that's the time I initially turned it on - it is NOT dusk-to-dawn!). Nice accent and helps traverse the stairs at night without turning on the main light.
2 people found this helpful
on December 11, 2013
These are great for decorating small items. It was shorter than I thought it would be, only about 3 or 3.5 ft long. The battery box has three switch positions, off, timer, and full-time on. If left in the timer position, the lights come on at the same time each day and stay on for 6 hours. The batteries last very well. I would have given this a 5 star if the length had been longer.
3 people found this helpful
on March 30, 2013
I purchased three packages of lights months ago for my office, wrapped around the table, and just yesterday purchased the batteries. I went to install the batteries and the difficulty opening the battery box was unbelieveable no matter how many ways I tried. One popped open when it dropped on the floor and the other I seperated with the scissors. The third one I am still working on. I did put the batteries in the other two and the Micro lights are beautiful. I dread the fact of having to open the pack again when the batteries need to be changed. Also there is no instructions on opening the pack.