Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 288 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 302 reviews
on June 3, 2012
We have a toddler who is very much into the hex bug craze. Of course, the "real" hex bug batteries run for two to three bucks per battery. I enjoy making my son happy, but I also enjoy being able to do things like pay my bills and buy groceries and gas. These batteries seemed like a good compromise to do a little of both.

All in all, I'm very happy with the value I received for this purchase. for less than it would cost to purchase 10 HBB (Hex Bug Branded) batteries, I have 100. Now, some people have noted that these don't last quite as long, and I would tend to agree with that assessment. The big thing to remember is that no battery, not even the unrighteously priced HBB batteries lasts very long in these toys. That's just going to be par for course if you're powering an unbalanced servo using a small watch battery. In my opinion, the difference in run duration is negligible, and in fact I even had one battery outlive a HBB battery once (we had bought a new bug and at the same time replaced a battery in another). For the cost, you just can't go wrong.

Bottom line: I would highly advise purchasing these to any parent who wants to both indulge their child's hex bug obsession as well as keep the bank from foreclosing on their home.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 6, 2015
I bought some cheap batteries that did not perform. I wanted to figure out what was going on so I ended up buying four different sets of HEXBUG (AG13/LR44) batteries and testing them.

1. (This product) 100 HEXBUG-Compatible Batteries (ASIN: B004OSRHV4), link: 100 HEXBUG-Compatible Batteries

Good: 1
Weak: 9
Replace: 0

2. 50 Pack Maxell with hologram packaging (ASIN: B0057OAFEK), link: 50 Pack Maxell LR44 AG13 357 button cell battery "NEW HOLOGRAM PACKAGE "

Good: 0
Weak: 4
Replace: 6

3. HEXBUG Battery (12-Pack) (ASIN: B00KB18S8E), link: HEXBUG Battery (12-Pack)

(out of 12)
Good: 12
Weak: 0
Replace: 0

4. Maxell 40 HEXBUG-Compatible Batteries (ASIN: B00AKMBC1O), link: 40 HEXBUG-Compatible Batteries

Good: 0
Weak: 9
Replace: 1

*** CONCLUSION ***

* Cheap batteries are often not a good deal.
* The only good batteries were the genuine HEXBUG batteries. They were also the most expensive.
* I was surprised that the maxell in the hologram packaging was the worst. I am not sure why this is but I suspect: cheap knock-off/fake/counterfeit batteries and/or batteries too old.
review image review image
on January 18, 2017
USE in both new and old-style hexbugs and save the most money. My cat blows through these batteries, and I have both types of hexbugs so I want the cheapest way to buy these in bulk:

My giant Ragamuffin cat is obsessed with this toy. He blows through batteries like his fur in on fire. I now have the old hexbug version (Hexbug Nano) and the new bug version (Hexbug NANO NITRO). The 2 types of hexbugs do NOT use the same kind of batteries. The new bug batteries ( L1154) are just SLIGHTLY smaller than the old ones (LR44) which make the old bug batteries not fit snugly in the new bug causing a janky / intermittent connection and the bug to not work properly. I have a ton of "old" bug batteries I wanted to use up. And turns out the "old" hexbug version's batteries are a lot cheaper. I wanted to buy 1 pack of batteries that fit into BOTH hexbugs. No sense in buying different batteries or tossing the new ones that fit into the older version. (I'm sure the designers made it that way so you have to buy more / different batteries for each. Annoying.)

YOU CAN MAKE THESE BATTERIES FIT FIT INTO BOTH TYPES of HEXBUGS and here's how:

What TYPE of BATTERIES for what types of hexbugs?

- Hexbug NANO NITRO (New bug style/ V2): L1154F $2.64/ 10 = -->$26.40 /100
- Hexbug Nano (Old bug style): alkaline cell batteries AG13 LR44 357 $7-10/ 100
CHEAPEST: (https://www.amazon.com/HexBug-Compatible-100-HEXBUG-Compatible-Batteries/dp/B004OSRHV4/ref=pd_sim_21_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B004OSRHV4&pd_rd_r=9VYYAZREDNTQXCC39WZC&pd_rd_w=GWEkR&pd_rd_wg=kdu4R&psc=1&refRID=9VYYAZREDNTQXCC39WZC)

Here's how you beat the system with PICTURES here: https://www.amazon.com/review/R32IQJLPF0O711/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01BX4EMIC

Super QUICK & EASY MODIFICATION to the new hexbugs (nano nitro):

- Cut a TINY square (1/8" = about 3mm) of the "rough" side of sticky-backed (industrial strength) VELCRO
- Stick it on the inside of the battery compartment on the RIGHT SIDE (bug is on its back and head pointed away from you). Make sure the Velcro piece is NOT COVERING any of the little WIRES the battery needs to touch to make the electrical connection.
- Place a new "old"-type battery in (LR44)
- Screw the battery lid back on as usual.

Now your old bug batteries fit perfectly into the new bugs which now work perfectly. You can also take the velcro out to use the new-type battery.

NOTE of the VELCRO: I used industrial strength Velcro because it's what I had in my toolbox, but I'm sure any sticky-sided Velcro will do. Also I use the "rough" side of the Velcro as the it is thinner and less "compressible" = aka holds the battery in place better. The softer Velcro side was too fluffy, the hairs got in the way of the battery connection and it could easily get smashed making the battery loose.
on December 18, 2015
This seems to be hit or miss. The batteries are a deal for 100, but they just don't last as long as name brand ones. The concern though with this purchase is how many you actually get. I have placed two different orders within a year. The first order I received 100 batteries as the item stated, the second order, which was placed in December 2015, I only received 20 batteries. It appears I am not the only customer this has happened to either.
on July 27, 2016
Huge money saver here. If your kids are like mine... they love their hex bugs. and hex bugs love batteries. I was spending a fortune at walgreens on batteries... I needed to find another option. I came across these. Tried them out..and wow.. they work great..once in a while ...you run into a dud... but with 100 of them.. who cares...just grab another.
on April 16, 2017
I'm very satisfied with the Product ,
Product is exactly as described .
pleased with quality,Good value.
Great seller! Fast shipping.
Great price and Quality product.
Will buy from this seller again.
on April 5, 2013
I am ALWAYS skeptical of cheap no-name batteries. No need to be with these. I am impressed! I haven't tested them side-by-side with the hexbug branded batteries because those things are a huge waste of money and I would never buy them. I have purchased other batteries on Amazon to replace the hexbug batteries before but this was a MUCH better deal and I figured I didn't have much to lose if they were poor quality. But they aren't! They last longer than the other replacement batteries I bought. And with a 3-year-old who is obsessed wit hexbugs and leaves 10 of them jittering around for hours, I go through batteries very quickly. 100 means I won't need to buy them again for a while. Great deal! Fantastic deal! The little one and I are both very happy with this purchase.
on September 28, 2016
Horrible battery life. These die after maybe an hour or less. The original battery my kids' nano bugs came with are 5 times better.
on February 17, 2013
100 battery's for cheap sounds great but we have to put in new battery's all the time, they do not last very long at all. You may get an hour of use.
on August 10, 2016
I was initially worried that these batteries would be poor quality in my kids' hexbugs. We've gone through about 10 and they seem to last just as long as the more expensive name brand. Would definitely purchase again.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.