Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Color: Blue|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,789 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,202 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
55 comments| 410 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2015
I bought this item twice, I don't really know why I felt the second purchase would be better. This blender is wonderful, until the mechanism that makes the blades spin starts to smoke and wears down to the point it will not make enough contact to spin the blade.
review image
3030 comments| 159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2016
Only used twice, and the bottom looks like melting and It smelled like burning plastic.
review image review image
on February 16, 2016
I read all of the awful reviews of this blender but went ahead and bought it anyway, big mistake! I thought it was pretty great for the first month, but the plastic pieces that connect to make it spin started to warp and melt. Such a poorly designed product! I've only had this for a little less than 2 months and use it about every other day.
on June 21, 2015
This is possibly the worst blender that I have ever bought. After less than a week of using it, the rotational bottom no longer catches the blade. So essentially, the engine would be spinning, but the blade would remain stationary. This is under a week. I can't imagine how this product remains popular on amazon.
on August 31, 2016
I rarely am one to write a product review but after blending up my morning smoothie with this little Oyster mixer, I decided to let others know what a great product this is! I've had this blender for over 1.5 years. It is used every morning by my husband & I to blend protein smoothies with ice & frozen fruit added. This mixer does an amazing job, especially for the price!!! I have used much more expensive products, but the Oyster My Blend does a great job.
What I love about it: you blend right in the bottle so you can throw a lid on & take it with you. You can purchase extra bottles separately & this makes it even more handy. Then just throw your drink bottle in the dishwasher & clean-up is easy!
Other reviews have complained of the lid leaking??? It is not a completely sealable lid so that you would throw the bottle in your gym bag! HELLO! Use some common sense! Consider it more of a lid like a coffee mug. No one is throwing that in a gym bag!
The lid does not leak at all with normal use. It's not going to leak in the car as you drive & it's great for kids to drink from also.
Fantastic product!!!
on August 7, 2015
Update: After a year of very occasional use (maybe 10-12 uses?) the bottle/lid lid broke clean across the top, for no discernible cause, rendering the blender useless. I always handwash the container and haven't mishandled. I guess just poor quality and can't take much stress.

It needs a little liquid to blend, so not the most powerful things ever. I have had it a couple of weeks and have made a green sauce, smoothies, and pina coladas for two in it. The drinks came out without any big ice chunks, but it is a bit tricky to get frozen drinks realllly thick. It is not messy to poor and adjust measurements, fast, small and compact. The size of the bottle can make a good size drink for one or two people. I don't usually drink out of the bottle because I don't like the sippy cup top. I wish the bottle was clear rather than colored so that you could get a better view of how things are blending inside. It can be a little tricky to clean for someone without a dishwasher as the bottle is long and skinny and hard to get a good scrub inside. For $20 bucks, can't be beat for price, speed, or convenience in terms of everyday use.
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
on March 5, 2016
I've had it for exactly one month and it worked perfectly. Then literally on the 31st day (the day after the deadline for return), it stopped working in the middle of me making a smoothie. Tried over and over again to fix the problem but it was simply a case where the bottom spinner had rubbed out and could no longer turn the blades. It's disappointing.
on January 16, 2017
Love this blender! Chops up ice, frozen fruit and greens like nobody's business! Durable and easy to clean!
review image