Your Garage Best kids' books of February Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Beauty & Grooming Shop Popular Services GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis LaLa GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Color: Blue|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,660 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,069 reviews
on May 15, 2015
All the people complaining about this blender breaking, overheating, or not being for everyday use are using it wrong. I bought one of these in 2013, use it 5 times a week, and it still works great. Here's the thing that most people don't realize:

It has a small engine. While it's fairly loud, it is quieter (and weaker) then most full size blenders. It blends ice and fresh/frozen fruit and veggies very well, but needs enough liquid to do it correctly. And by correctly, I mean in 30 seconds or so. If you're holding the thing down for more than a minute or two, it is at risk for overheating (although mine never has).

Here's what I do: Fill the bottle up 50-60% with milk/water/juice, fill the rest with fruit/powder/peanut butter, blend for 10-15 seconds, take the bottle off and shake to mix (not necessary, but it makes the process quicker and helps you decide if you need to add more liquid), then blend for another 10 seconds. It will not make super thick smoothies that you have to eat with a spoon. If it doesn't seem like it's blending, add more liquid!

I only have 2 small problems with this blender. One is the terribly designed lid, which I've solved by using a straw. The other is that the bottle won't clean properly in the dishwasher (water doesn't reach all the way up), so I bought a bottle brush and clean it manually.

**2016 Edit: I've had this thing for 3 years now, still use it 5 times a week, and it still works great!
44 comments| 342 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 24, 2011
I like to make protein smoothies in the morning for a quick breakfast. I thought this blender would be perfect for blending on the go and since the price was so reasonable I gave it a try. The blender blends very well. I typically use frozen fruit in my smoothies and it blended them without a problem. My only issue with the blender and the one thing that stopped me from giving it 5 starts is the lid that comes with the cup. The lid has a very poor design. It is very wide at the top and the way the opening on the lid is lined up, liquid pools on the top and drips down on the back side of the cup. If it came with a better lid, this would be a 5 star product. Oster needs to rethink the lid design.
4040 comments| 619 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2015
I bought this item twice, I don't really know why I felt the second purchase would be better. This blender is wonderful, until the mechanism that makes the blades spin starts to smoke and wears down to the point it will not make enough contact to spin the blade.
review image
2727 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2015
Blends great, a bit noisy for its size. However the point of contact that causes the blades to spin (on the base itself) is plastic and will destroy itself making it unusable since it will no longer spin the blades in the bottle. This should have been made out of something much more sturdy.

I bought this a second time just for some reason, probably because I have 8 blender bottles and I don't want them to go to waste... Well the second machine lasted until 10/13/15 when the warranty ran out on 10/10/15... AWESOME! This is almost exactly how long the first one lasted as well...

Avoid at all costs!
review image review image
on July 5, 2015
This broke during the first 3 days of ownership. The blade top decided to eat the seal for the top and so all the liquid poured into the motor. I was going to try and air dry the blender thinking I had just not screwed the top on well, but then i saw how messed up the top was (see pic). Probably for the best, I don't think this is a particularly good design for a blender. Do not buy this blender.
on July 14, 2016
This is really good with ice! I was kind of iffy when people said that they smelt smoke while using this. I put about ice in about half of bottle for my protein shakes and it is fantastic. I do kind of count and try not to go over 30 seconds when blending, but that is not necessary at all because it is done blending with in 10 seconds! I would definitely rebuy this. It sits on my very small counter and takes up about a 5'' square which is great. I added a photo of what I usually put in and it blends the ice, strawberries, water, and protein powder in about 10 seconds (after taking the picture I added ice into the remainder of space In the cup). Also, I did use this with food, just to see if it would work with my cooking to keep me from having to chop so small. This was great with chopping food for cooking! If you add a little water it actually purées the food which would be great for babies when they are starting to have textures like apple sauce and you want to make your own at home mixture! This is perfect.
on May 31, 2016
This review is by way of comparison to the Magic Bullet. Both seem to be personal blenders with comparable functionality, but the Oster is head and shoulders better. I was introduced to the personal blender concept when my wife bought a Magic Bullet and let it sit around. I like starting my day with a bullet proof coffee but I found that the Magic Bullet cups cracked after a few exposures to hot coffee, but the Oster blender cups shrugged off the heat – which is what you'd expect from cups made of PCB-free Tritan. The Magic Bullet drive shafts leaked; no problems with the Oster. The Magic Bullet leaks flowed down into the motor space, and the only way to clean up was to run water through the motor space (unplugged, of course). Seemed creepy. The Oster, on the other hand, has a molded drain hole that safely bypasses the motor; this is still untested, because I haven't had any leaks or spills. The Magic Bullet couldn't handle frozen fruit when making smoothies, but the Oster whizzed right through the fruit and yielded a smooth result. I don't know if the Oster motor is more powerful or spins faster, but whatever the reason there is a noticeable difference in favor of Oster. The Oster cups are blow molded and must be made of Tritan; that lets them be slim and slimmer in the middle; they also hold 20 oz, rather than the 16 oz Magic Bullet cups, yet they seem smaller and fit better into bottle carriers. Their caps have a loop that could allow them to be hung from a carabiner. They readily lock into the motor while running, but the Magic Bullet cups have switch tabs that are too fat to allow them to be locked down – you have to press the Magic Bullet cups down to keep the motor running. The Oster has a different means of locking the cups and preventing the blades from running if no cup is attached. Finally, the overall design of the Oster is superior; there is more vibration damping so it's noticeably quieter than the Magic Bullet, there are three legs instead of four so the drive unit is always balanced, even on tile surfaces. And the appearance of the Oster is more stylish, whereas the Magic Bullet looks like ancient industrial design from the 50's. And the Oster costs half as much. I'm glad I kept looking until I found the the Oster personal blender, because it delivers on the value of the concept.
on December 21, 2015
I bought this blender for my 12yo daughter. She loves smoothies and has gotten old enough to make them herself. This blender is easy to use with its one touch button and is the perfect size. She makes her smoothie for breakfast and drinks it on the bus on the way to school. I love that the container is a sport bottle (which she clamps onto her backpack) made of BPA free plastic and very easy to clean. This blender is powerful for its size and blends frozen fruits with ease. I have also used it for making pesto and dips and it worked great. I would definitely recommend!

Wild horses could not sway my views and all opinions are my own, and reflect my personal experience with this product. I strive to make my reviews as helpful as possible to others, because helpful and honest reviews are just as important to me when I am making my buying decisions. If you feel any of this information was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks!
on January 13, 2015
I love this little thing more than I expected to! When my nice large blender died, I was faced with a choice -(a) give up blending, since I did it so infrequently, (b) replace it with the same one, or (c) try something new. Since this cost a fraction of the original, and takes up far less space, I decided to give it a try after reading many reviews for all types of regular and single serving blenders.

On the rare occasions that I did use my old blender it was for a quick healthy breakfast shake. I always made too much or not enough. It was a pain to clean. It took us a full half a shelf in a cabinet. It was heavy and clunky which defeated the purpose of a quick and easy breakfast or snack. So unless I could get something without all of those problems, I was just going to forgo having a blender.

At this price I didn't have high expectations. Upon taking it out of the box, I loved how light and compact it is. I love that the blending container is light and easy to clean. I love that the blade is small and easy to clean. I love that it has the drink top so you can drink it right out of the blending container is you really want want to. I love that it's just the right size, so there's never any leftover or guessing games as you're filling it. I finally have a blender that can live right on my counter without wasting space! And since there's room for it on the counter, I use it daily since it doesn't get lost and forgotten in the cabinet.

So why the 4 stars instead of 5? It doesn't blend quite as well as a full size powerful one. I've blended ice - up to maybe 8 cubes and it's fine, but not as fabulously smooth as other models. Mostly I do yogurt with frozen fruit and liquid, and for that it is 100% suited to the job. Also, the drinking lid isn't so great. It's a nice feature, but you can't really drink a smoothie without a straw - they're thick and won't come out evenly and can make a mess. The lid screws on nicely but the flap that covers the drinking hole isn't completely spill proof. It doesn't come with a straw, and a standard straw doesn't reach the bottom of the cup. So I typically pour it into another cup. It would get 5 stars from me if it truly was easy and convenient to drink out of.

For my purposes this was an excellent purchase. If you do a lot of ice or really NEED to be able to drink out of the cup, it may not be for you.
on September 9, 2016
This blender is perfect for making individual shakes on the go. It is strong enough to mix the ingredients up very well, though it does sound like you're landing a jet engine! Definitely not a great blender for you if you want it to be inconspicuous in a quiet environment. It cleans up easily and holds quite a lot. One enhancement I wish they would make is to add some measurement indicators on the bottle so you wouldn't need to measure separately. I solved this by drawing my own on - the bottle is opaque so you can see the liquid through it without any trouble.

One tip from my experience is to rinse the blender attachment right after mixing and switching to the sport top. This keeps it from getting dried on and makes clean up a breeze.

Some reviewers mentioned that they didn't like the drinking top, which made me hesitant to purchase, but after trying it out for myself, I have no idea what the complaints are about. I find it comfortable to drink out of and shaped nicely to ensure all your drink makes it to the opening. Perhaps it's been redesigned? Don't know, but I think it's fabulous!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.

What do customers buy after viewing this item?

Best Selling • Top Rated