Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

LEGO Cars Mack's Team Truck 8486
Price:$200.00+ $9.94 shipping

VINE VOICEon August 9, 2011
My son got this for his fifth birthday. This was our first experience with a bigger Lego kit and first experience with the numbered-bag system that Lego is using these days.

I was quite pleased with the bag system, first of all. This allows you to only open up and spread out the Legos needed for the current directions. So, rather than lose the pieces needed for the last stages while you're working on the beginning, you've got them all neatly bagged up. The picture in the directions warning the user not to spread Legos in the carpet is humorous. As a father of three, I recognize the danger of the Lego Minefield and the sheer impossibility of preventing it. It's okay. Having kids who build stuff with Legos, and not just the pre-defined kit (they've got Legos from my childhood, but no directions!) is worth the foot injuries.

On to Mack: he was easy to put together. First, there's the included Lightning McQueen. He's the same scale as the stand-alone McQueenLEGO Radiator Springs Lightning McQueen 8200 or Mater LEGO Classic Mater 8201, both of which are already in our house. So, he plays well with those two cars. Mack is of the appropriate scale to fit McQueen, so he's bigger, but not huge.

The steps for Mack were easy to follow. You build the cab, then the trailer body, then finish off the trailer. I'd guess we spent about an hour on it, but that was with my son doing it "all himself." Any parent understands what that means: slower than it would normally have gone with a few re-do moments. Not a complaint, just the reality.

As put together, Mack works. The roof is hinged and one side panel is hinged to allow access to the bay. This does work, and it seems sturdy enough. The wheels roll, and Mack looks like Mack in the movie. Obviously, he doesn't look perfectly like a real Mack Truck, but he's not supposed to. That's this kit: LEGO Truck 3221.

The only real downside is this: by putting the stickers on to make the model, you're not really going to get the good Lego tear it apart and build something else fun. That's ok, because that's what the other Legos are for!
31 helpful votes
32 helpful votes
on May 21, 2013
My boy really enjoys the Disney Cars franchise and in particular Mack. He was a real education to watch him try to take short cuts but having to learn to follow directions. When parts break off he searches for the assembly book and asks me to help him put it back together. But once I turn to the right page he is off and running. He loves this set and of course wants many more. The only issue is I wish some of the parts had a tighter fit.
on November 8, 2012
I bought this Lego set for my grandson and he loved it. He made several variations of it that only kids can do with their imaginations. Lego's pretty much last forever and are tough to break and he loves it even though he is only 6 years old and rough on some toys. It is one toy that he continues to enjoy over and over.
on December 3, 2016
Xmas gift for grandson.
on December 14, 2011
It's well made. We love this toy!!! It's a perfect gift. We give this toy to my son's birthday and he loves it, he plays with it all day long!!! It's no easy to ensemble for a 7 years old kid but with the parents help and instructions every thing will set up fast. We love lego toys. It's so fun.
on December 16, 2012
Item had pieces missing as well as a instruction book for the other half of the car. Called Lego and they were not able to he me as the piece was discontinued. Poor customer service. Called amazon got same story, couldn't even get credit back for missing items.
on January 2, 2013
It looked great and was not too difficult to build. The only draw back is when smaller children play with it sometimes it can fall apart. It is to be expected though. Overall it is a nice truck.
on March 14, 2012
Purchased this gift for my six year old nephew who is well past diapers now. But, after receiving this, he might need one, LOL. Very happy child. It is typical high quality LEGO. What more can you say. If a young boy has seen Cars, then this is a great gift. Highly recommend.
on January 12, 2013
This was my 5 year old sons Christmas gift. He was SOOO excited. He'd been wanting this set. We love Legos. Always a great product. Took some assistance to assemble, but that was expected being that he's only 5. I have no complaints.
on January 15, 2012
Excellent Lego set. Great to build with child and watch him play. Steps are clear, packaged well. If your kid likes Cars, then this is a great set.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.