Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on June 5, 2015
RAISED BABY FERRETS ON THIS....GIVE AS TREAT TO OLDER FERRETS....MAKE A SOUP WITH THIS FOR SICK FERRETS...THE QUAIL IS HEALTHIER AND THEY LOVE THE SWEEY TASTE OVER BLAND CHICKEN. THIS COMES IN A VARIETY OF MEATS. THE **BEST PART IS THAT ALL THE MEATS HAVE NOTHING BUT PURE MEAT AND WATER** NO ADDED NONSENSE AND UNECESSARY STUFF THEY DONT NEED. TOP BRANDS MAKE YOU THINK THEY ARE THE BEST, BUT NEXT TIME LOOK AT INGREDIENTS. DOGS, FERRETS, ETC. NEED ALOT OF PROTEIN DAILY, SO WHAT BETTER THEN PURE MEAT? AND FOR KIBBLE, ORIJEN IS THE BEST! YOU ALWAYS WANT TO CHECK AT LEAST THE FIRST 3 OR MORE INGREDIENTS AND YOU DONT WANT TO SEE **CORN, WHEAT, GLUTEN, GRAINS, BY-PRODUCTS, ETC., BASICALLY ANYTHING BUT PURE MEAT. I HAVE DONE MY RESEARH AND ORIJEN BLOWS ALL THE OTHERS OUT OF THE WATER!! DEPENDING ON WHICH YOU CHOOSE, (I PERSONALLY GET THE ADULT DOG AND THE RED REGIONAL AND MIX THEM TOGETHER IN MY VITTLES VAULT FOOD CONTAINER) **BELIEVE IT OR NOT THE ADULT DOGS FIRST *15* INGREDIENTS ARE THINGS LIKE BONELESS CHICKEN AND TURKEY, CHICKEN AND TURKEY LIVER, WHOLE HERRING AND SALMON, AND THE LIST GOES ON. NOW THE REGIONAL RED ADULT DOGS FIRST *17* INGREDIENTS ARE THINGS LIKE BONELESS ANGUS BEEF, WILD BOAR, LAMB, PORK, BEEF PORK AND LAMB LIVERS, BISON, ETC, AND THE LIST GOES ON. THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE BUT I HAVE A TOY POMERANIAN, SO HE EATS VERY LITTLE. BUT EVEN IF YOU HAVE BIGGER DOGS, ITS STILL WORTH IT BECAUSE ONCE THEIR BODIES ADJUST THEY WONT EAT AS MUCH BECAUSE THEIR BODIES ARE FINALLY GETTING WHAT THEY NEED, RATHER THEN THEM EATING SO MUCH OF OTHER BRANDS BECAUSE ITS NOT GIVING THEM THE NUTRIENTS AND PROTEIN THEY NEED.
on July 15, 2013
All 3 of my cats love most of the varieties of Merrick Before Grain (chicken, turkey, salmon, quail). One of my cats throws up any food that contains grain & most other grain free wet foods are extremely pricey. Unfortunately Merrick is replacing BG with a more expensive range. I have stocked up enough for a few months & shall be experimenting to find a less expensive alternative that my cats will eat & keep down.
on May 17, 2012
My cats love this wet food, which I give to them mixed with some dry food twice a day. Honestly, the food even smells pretty good to me. There's no doubt that this is real food, and not some sort of mix of leftovers from animal/grain processing. It's pricey, but when you think about it, you spend so little on cat food compared to human food--this is probably a doable expense for most people.
on March 20, 2013
My cats alternate between Merrick canned and dry, along with The Honest Kitchen brand of cat food. My group goes crazy for all of the Merrick flavors but especially the quail. Buyers should be aware, however, that the quail flavor is slightly more moist than the others. If your cat likes firmer pate, this may not be for your furry friend.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2013
I've never seen my cat go after food so much. You've seen the label, right? I could eat this stuff. it smells that good. I didn't have to add water; I found a trick for water that he goes for. He just went nuts for this food! Now add in the convenience of Prime delivery, and well, this is perfect, right?
on May 9, 2013
My cat is elderly (18yrs.old) and loves it..Easy for him to eat since he's lost most of his teeth..No hard grains to irritate his poor old mouth..He eats Merrick Turkey and Chicken but seems to favor the Quail and Chicken..
on October 24, 2013
wow I am floored. My kitties pretty much hate anything but Friskies. Well I can't do Friskies anymore, so I tried these based on the reviews. yay! my two 4-year old kitties BOTH like this one!
on May 30, 2013
I love Merrick Before Grain because they don't put anything extra/unnecessary into it -- it's just meat and essential vitamins/supplements. This is my cat's absolute favorite flavor!
on March 14, 2013
Smells decent enough for me and she likes it. Her BG numbers (diabetic cat) is considerably less on this food than on previous foods. It is only 2% carbs which is pretty good.
on May 7, 2012
Product was exactly as ordered. Cats are happy with their food. I'm quite thrilled with the convenience and price, particularly with Prime.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.