Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Lights (Single Version)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Benjamin Leftwich Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on April 4, 2012
Great song by Ellie Goulding. Upbeat, catchy, and not overplayed on the radio! Its a win-win-win! I usually listen to singer/songwriter or indie/alternative, and this is a great addition to my collection. Plus it cost less here than on iTunes!
on March 12, 2012
Awesome song! I can't stop listening to this song! Great beat and her voice is very different...one of a kind.
on January 28, 2016
Fear of success is blinding. The interests of others can attempt to hold passion down, but the reality is that passion cannot be stopped. The blinding stares of others can lack passion. So you have to ignore them because their opinion is not valid.
on October 5, 2015
I've been listening to this song with my daughter since was 6 months old, we love this song, its fun to dance too and has a catchy chorus that allows her to sing along. Its pop but not sugary, British edge to it. What's not to love?
on July 28, 2013
I wasn't familiar with this artist until I heard a chill mix playlist that a friend of mind sent my way. This artist/song was one on his playlist, I heard it and instantly fell in love with it. Her voice and delivery as powerful, yet has a calming effect - particularly in this song. They are so many artist in this genre of music and Ellie Goulding definitely stands out as one who delivers fresh new vocals and sounds in this category of music. I am going to continue to listen to her and look forward to new music that she releases in the future. I would put her in the likes of Zero 7, Sia, Norah Jones and Vanessa Dou. He if you not heard Ellie Goulding's music, do yourself a favor and listen to this song and I think you will agree.
on September 7, 2014
Of course, I need say little by now because Lights has already reached unprecedented heights of popularity and skyrocketed Ellie Goulding into fame ages ago. But, it's a nice little song, kinda eclectic compared to the majority of modern pop, and her voice is unique enough to catchy my attention and hold it in place for the length of a song or two.
on September 15, 2013
I love 'Lights' by Ellie Goulding. It is a very beautiful, quite lyrical, song, yet it is also high energy. It is in a play list on my MP3 player, to inspire my gym treadmill workouts. I bought several songs on Amazon and, truly, listening to them makes it possible for me to exercise almost daily and to push myself harder that I would if I didn't have the music. I can't imagine that anyone would not love this beautiful song. Happy listening~*
on December 1, 2012
As an ex-club DJ and now a SAHM (stay-at-home mom) I don't usually get to hear good new EDM (electronic dance music) - enter Pandora where I can hear new music just by creating a channel from some of my favorite artists. This is how I found out about Ellie Goulding's Lights - coming from a club background in drum & bass, techno, house/deep house; this song definitely appeals to my auditory tastes. The synth bells are a signature sound in this song creating an ethereal atmosphere in its introduction; followed by a strong and forceful bass and melodic lyrics that make this song a perfect blend of melody and sound. It is currently one of my favorites - that is why it gets 5 stars.
on January 12, 2014
My boyfriend (now fiance) heard this song when it first came out, and he told me, "This is your favorite song." I looked at him in confusion, as I had never heard the song before, but as soon as he told me the name of it, I downloaded it onto my Windows phone. I listened to it and it quickly became my favorite song; he was right after all!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 24, 2013
This is one of those songs I'm embarrassed to admit I've purchased. I mean, it's so pop. Or disco. I have a hard time drawing the line with this one. In any case, it's an addictive listen where Goulding's ephemeral voice blends perfectly with the drumming beat, cool lyrics, and perfect everything else.

It's one of those songs where you can't make out the lyrics. But guessing only adds to the fun (which is why I haven't ever looked them up).

Highly recommend as an addition to the pseudo-disco files.