Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chuggington Wooden Railway Safari Cars
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on April 26, 2012
My 2-year-old grandson saw these for the first time the other day and was fascinated with the animals. He already has other wooden railway magnetic cars but these at least have a purpose: to transport animals to the zoo. They are nice and colorful and fit little hands very nicely. The set comes with the 2 cars which is a great plus, as well as with 2 animals...an elephant which can be completely removed and played with and a giraffe which is attached to the boxcar but can swivel up and down making it possible for these little cars to go through tunnels, etc. I bought these through Amazon.com and couldn't be happier, both with the cars and the price. These are hard-to-find items and I know if I can't find items locally, I can usually find them at Amazon. I highly recommend this car set. Your little ones will enjoy playing with them and including them with their other wooden railway cars. They are compatible with other brand wooden railway cars that are magnetic so you can mix and match with other "locomotives". I bought Koko just because of the bright colors as well to blend in with the colorful zoo cars.
on August 15, 2013
It's as described - the elephant comes out, the giraffe does not. It's a cute item if your child is the shunting/hauling type. My son loves cargo cars, and he loves animals, so this was a win-win. It is compatible with Thomas wooden railway engines. I prefer this over the Thomas animal cars (with the big wooden animals) because these are small enough/low enough that they can go through the tunnels on our rail way, whereas the Thomas ones cannot.
My grandson has a train table with all sorts of wooden trains and accessories. He likes adding to his collection, but after awhile, most of the train pieces start to look alike. That's not the case with these Chuggington safari cars. The cars themselves are colorfully attractive and well made, but the removable elephant and bobbing giraffe is what really makes this toy so appealing to kids. They have quickly become the most played with pieces on the train table. Getting two cars/animals for $10 is a bargain too.
on June 21, 2014
These are a cute addition for any standard train set, not just Chuggington. The giraffe's neck can be moved up and down a little. Though even with it down it doesn't fit into one of the tunnels on our train track. It's perfectly fine otherwise. These have held up well to a good amount of playing and dropping.
on April 28, 2013
My son had watched an episode of Chuggington with Ebow the Elephant and wanted that toy soooo badly! He absolutely loves these cargo cars. The elephant is removable and small so use caution if your child still puts things in his/her mouth. Our only complaint was they should have the monkey car to go with it so you can have all the cargo from the movie.
on August 28, 2013
I bought this for my son's second bday to go with Koko's Safari and it is a very cute addition. The elephant comes out so I have to supervise play. The giraffe head rises/lowers from the second one so no real worries about losing that one.
on December 26, 2012
Such a cute set Hubby and I both bought it for our son for Christmas. Ebo the elephant is not attached, which was a surprise for us. I think this is a fun feature, hubby worries that Ebo might pose a choking hazard (I tend to think he is large enough that he won't get swallowed. In any event, it is a great addition to our railway.
on January 20, 2012
This is a nice compromsie of plastic and wood, having a wood carriage for your tactile senses, but still recognizable characters from the cartoon series. The Giraffe is a plastic head and neck that spins on a rivit and can duck through tunnels; the Elephant is a plastic figurine similar to the die-cast version but brighter and has a bit of detail painting to the eyes and trunk. There is also a monkey in a banana car available for purchase but unlike these it is all plastic. This set tops the limited line of Chuggington wooden rolling stock.
on October 30, 2013
I was a little shocked to find the elephant is removable! I looked on the Chuggington package these cars came in and didn't see anything about the elephant being removable. It's fine, but if you've got a kid who likes to put things in his or her mouth, be aware. The giraffe's head moves up and down on a pivot and cannot be removed. All in all, my son loves these cars and I'm glad to have purchased them for him!
on May 17, 2015
Only complaint is that the wheels are fixed. It would be better if they swiveled, so as the train moves along curves in the tracks they would not derail.