Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,979 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,049 reviews
on September 19, 2016
Too many false alarms -- and yes, I did program out the X & Y bands. I had an Escort / Passport for 22 years and several years before that. I thought a middle-of-the-road radar detector would be at least equal to one made 22 years ago. I was wrong. Should have paid more and gotten another Escort.
UPDATE: Just bought one of the Escorts and junked this after a year. Escort worth the extra money. 0 false alarms and 100% accurate.
on April 6, 2015
For the money, I really appreciate the numerous features this detector provides! Its very hard to compare this unit's performance as I have no other devices to directly compare it too but I can say every time I have been targeted by police "clocking traffic", it has alerted several seconds ahead of time. I wouldn't say it gave me much lead time (maybe 2-3 seconds warning)... but I don't really depend of this device to avoid tickets as this is more of a "toy" for me to play with while driving. I like the ability to enable/disable the many features like turning off X-band warnings although in Ohio, I leave that enabled because I've read online some Ohio police departments still rock the X-band detectors?! Honestly I mostly leave it in "city" mode to cut down on false alerts (always near grocery, gas, or retail stores with automatic doors). Also, I commute downtown every day on the freeway that passes the CMH airport, they must have some laser-based auto-pilot landing technology in use because this sucker screams "laser alert" every time I go by the north runway. I've also been "lasered" by parked police cruisers on the side of the freeway... no warning at all before alerting. Instant on Laser really makes these devices useless as a warning device. Smart drivers should learn where those "hidden" spots are where highway patrols clock traffic from and just know the instant-on guns really don't provide any warnings these days. I also notice this detector alerting for minutes at a time on the freeway with a weaker signal... I'm assuming the modern cruise control radar-based autos are causing this... again, almost making these devices useless or at least very annoying.
on September 25, 2017
I've had a couple of radar detectors in my life and I love this cobra detector! It will detect a cop using their radar gun as they are parked hiding or coming up on the freeway searching for speeders. I've literally gotten out of about 5 or 6 potential tickets cause I was going above the speed limit and it warmed me way before the police/ highway patrol caught me.
on August 25, 2016
I read the manual thoroughly and here is my experience:

Day 1: Commute to and from work, it worked like a gem! Only one false alarm in the city (on city mode at the time). Went past two cops on the way home and it detected them way in advance. I was very happy pulling into my driveway!
Day 2: Commute to and from work, same roads as the day before, but in the city (on city mode), false alarms literally every 4 seconds!!

I don't understand, I how I could have had such a different experience with it one day to the next. I was really hoping this would not give off so many false alarms. But I guess you get what you pay for. I'll give it a few more days but if this continues, it's going back! I will update my review if things improve.
on August 18, 2016
Spend a little extra and get the talking version of this device. Hard to see which indicator light is on otherwise, but you soon learn to memorize the sounds. You can turn off X & Ku bands, and leave the good stuff on. I also turned off K-band, and just listen for the ominous Ka to sound. In my state (after 3 years), I have not run into a bona fide K-band signal that maps to a law enforcement safety presence. Still practicing with it, and will return in a few weeks to update my post.
on September 3, 2016
Excellent value detector. It does the job I need it to do. It is simple enough to where I just plugged it in and it worked. On a 3 hour drive it successfully detected 5 out of 6 of the cops I saw (not sure if the last one was detecting or not). There were a couple areas where I got some false hits but it is pretty easy to tell if its false and can be muted. If you are looking for a radar detector and don't want to shell out money for an expensive one, feel safe buying this product.
on July 13, 2016
I debated the purpose and value of purchasing a Radar Detector for years but after my last trip to Pennsylvania from Florida I got a speeding ticket and finally decided it would be worth wild to make the investment.
So after reviewing this model and the model below it, i decided to go with this model since it had the alleged "Voice". So the first time i used it was to travel from South Florida to Pennsylvania and then back for a total of 2400 miles. It worked well for me and the voice alert is definitely worth the extra 20 bucks over the model below this one. I still need to understand all the alerts so i can be better informed on the false alerts but for the most part this item performed to my expectations and I would recommend this.
on August 15, 2016
The book says that it is never ever a false alarm if it flashers "Laser". However, I put my cell phone on my dashboard so I can use it as a GPS. Whenever I do that, the "Laser" flashes the entire time and won't stop until I pull my cell phone down. Also the notification is not really that loud, it's not a beep but more of a buzz noise. I miss my old detector and really don't like this one. Thinking of replacing it with another Whistler like my old detector.
on November 25, 2013
This is written by someone who doesn't know a whole lot about radar detector fyi. I am aware the best types are made by escort, but I am definitely too cheap to fork out that much cash. I primarily was in the market cause I was going to make the drive from south county oc, ca to las vegas, and we were going to be in my new SS. So i really did not feel like getting popped for a wreckless driving ticket out there. I saw many mixed reviews on most of the cobra's, but decided to give it a chance since the price was right.
So while driving down the 15, the cobra did pick up 3 different cop cars. Two from a few hundred yards away, that had coincidentally just pulled some one over seconds before I got to the level five alert for Ka. Then there was one cop I really did not see, he was pulled over, and the cobra only went off maybe about 3 seconds before I reached him. I dont know if he had his radar pointed or not, but it did pick him up, unfortunately not with enough time to slow down. But my luck, I think he was just closing out a ticket from the last person he got.
Yes, there was a lot of false alarms, i actually found it better on city mode when i was out in the desert. When in highway mode, I got a ton of x alerts. Hey I know its not perfect, but for what I paid, it did okay considering my average pace was in the mid 90's with bursts of 100+ just to get a feel for my car of course.
on April 22, 2014
I chose a 5 star rating because I have had older Cobra detectors in the past which have worked very well and I have always been well satisfied with their products. Since my purchase however, I haven't had much of an opportunity to use it on the interstate highway system and have been limited to using this in my local area and city. The city mode works well and was put to the test while driving in town several weeks ago. While pulling into a parking lot of a local business, the detector went off briefly and I thought it might be their security system. When I finished and left the lot, I got another brief signal and about a 1/4 mile down the road, there was a speed trap set up. So the detector works and it alerted me in plenty of time to check my speed. The detector also keeps you mindful of your speed and helps you stay within the speed limit. The unit detects multiple radar bands and is offered at a great price. It also comes with a windshield mount but also mounts on the dash and it doesn't take up much room. I have no complaints with this product.