Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 466 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 606 reviews
on September 15, 2016
Gets late updates and now it will not show up in the Underground App (unable to install) even when I've already installed before on my phone and even when in the webpage tells me it's compatible.
review image
on April 9, 2017
At the time of this posting, this app has not been updated since November of 2016. It is many versions behind the version found in the Google Play Store. The version here on Amazon is missing integration with Google Play Music for listening and purchasing.
on December 10, 2016
App is good but it's not up to date compare to Google play store. Hopefully developers will keep amazon app store version up to date.
on February 13, 2015
This app outdated. If you look at the version available in Google Play, it's 5.2 but here we have 4.7

I contacted Shazam tech support about a month ago and they told me the same thing all the tech support for other outdated app have told me, that they having some troubles with Amazon App store and they're working to correct them.

that was a month ago and still nothing.

There are too many outdated paid apps on Amazon. They should do something about it.
on September 3, 2013
Best advice? ...stick with the FREE versions of both Shazam and SoundHound. Often when one doesn't work (ie, identify the song), the other will.
Reason? ...FIRST, and most importantly (at least to me), be forewarned that Shazam Encore, when purchased via the Amazon App Store App,
REQUIRES that the Amazon App Store App be installed for it to run. If you decide to uninstall the Amazon App Store App as I did (because Amazon provides no sign-out option!?!?!),
then Shazam Encore will cease to run, and prompt you with a message stating the Amazon App Store App is required for it to work.
At which point also, it will crash your phone (ie, remove all icons just showing the home screen, with a non-functioning home button), requiring a restart.

Why Amazon wants to risk customer security by FORCING people to stay logged into the Amazon App Store, I have no idea? ...but, its enough to force me NOT to use it.
on June 13, 2014
I have had shazam before and thought it was ok, but after finding Soundhound, I uninstalled shazam and started using soundhound exclusively. Soundhound allows you to sing or hum a song to locate the song, and also has LIVE Lyrics, which means that if you locate a song that allows live lyrics it will stream the lyrics in sync with the song that you are listening to. Sadly even after reinstalling Shazam, all I found that was enhanced in this version was the suggestions that they sent me in email, and on my phone.
on September 13, 2015
"SORRY, THIS FEATURE IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED FOR THIS VERSION OF SHAZAM.
Please check for an upgrade to the last version of Shazam."

Really? Come on, why are Amazon apps so far behind. This is why I rarely use the Amazon app store any more and why all my money goes to the play store. Hey... I tried, I easier than willing to blow all my money here, I like Amazon, I'm a prime member, but your failing here badly and have been for some time now.
The app in general is great, for the app alone 5 stars, I'm a long time she's an user, it's always been a good, quality app. The fact that the current version here isn't even supported anymore is pathetic.
on May 21, 2015
Amazon app store is notorious for not updating there apps. This is annoying for free apps, but it's totally unacceptable for played apps and should be investigated for fraud. Besides getting paid apps for free as the free app of the day I would never recommend anyone purchasing paid apps from Amazon. Shazam Encore was just updated to 5.3.4.1 with supposed for Android Wear in the Google Play Store. This is the 3rd or 4th update to the app that Amazon has ignored.
on March 12, 2017
Where is v7. 6.1?
on December 25, 2015
I use Shazam at least once a day on my way to work, via my Android Wear watch, to check the name of an artist who's song is playing on the radio during my drive. It's nice that Shazam supports Android Wear and sends a mini app to the watch when Android Wear is present. Simply say "OK GOOGLE" and then "OPEN SHAZAM", the watch app opens up and immediately starts listening to the song in the vicinity. Within seconds, the song title and artist are displayed. From the Android Wear watch, a swipe to the left brings up the lyrics if they are available. They lyrics advance with the music so you are reading the line that is currently playing.