Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 519 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 556 reviews
on March 26, 2014
I bought this when I purchased a new computer. The keys started getting stuck within the first week of use, and the keyboard started to become increasingly unresponsive after about a month of use. Unplugging it and plugging it back in fixed both issues, but they cropped up again between five minutes to an hour later. Naturally, this was incredibly aggravating. Working from home with this keyboard was a nightmare.

For a long time, I thought it was my system settings and I thus spent several hours trying to fix registry keys, thinking that my new system came with a bugged sticky keys feature. After testing with another keyboard, I quickly found that was not the case. I threw this thing in the recycling after coming to that realization. It is more trouble than it is worth.

I am glad other users have had a positive experience with this keyboard, but I am one of the unlucky folks that had a negative experience.
on October 23, 2013
I type a lot. This is a no frills, standard keyboard that works well for typing with all keys just where your fingers expect them to be.

My old standard keyboard was noisy and the letters had worn off the keys. For not much more than 10 bucks this keyboard works great. The keys seem easy to press, having a slight texture on the surface and being indented just enough to result in fewer bad keystrokes when typing in a hurry. Typing is easy with all the keys just where my fingers expected them to be. No need to get used to a different keyboard layout. Note: it has full sized; Enter, Shift and Backspace keys.

The keys and keyboard are not the quietest. Maybe I am a 'heavy typer'. But the rubber feet are not the best, so I use a folded cloth under the keyboard which quietens it down significantly on my desk.

Overall, this standard keyboard is a great value that is easy to use and has no unneeded extras, and comes with free shipping. What more could you want in a basic keyboard.
on May 1, 2014
I bought this to replace another Microsoft USB keyboard, because the letter "V" stopped working. So I receive this, it is a keyboard, and it basically works, so why the 2 stars? I will tell you. One strange thing about this particular item is that it keeps turning off the Num Lock light a few seconds after I stop typing. If I start typing, it turns the Num Lock back on. I have never seen that in any keyboard before. It actually annoys me. I don't like to see blinking lights all the time in my peripheral vision. I wasn't aware that a single LED consumed so much power that it required an energy savings feature, which requires the keyboard to go into the equivalent of a sleep mode or something. I am talking about a single LED, not an array of them. I don't know anybody who needs to count how many pennies they will save over the course of the next 1000 years by turning off a single LED for a few minutes here and there. That in its self doesn't warrant the 2 star rating, but what does is sometimes when the light goes off right as I am starting to type again, they keyboard literally goes offline, my computer makes that "usb device unplugged" sound, followed by a "usb device plugged in sound" then the keyboard goes back online. So naturally when that happens as you are typing, you are typing on a keyboard that is literally disconnected randomly for a second here and there. How annoying! This is the first time I have ever bought a keyboard that literally has a software glitch in it. Who would have thought you can actually manufacture something like a keyboard with software glitches. Well look at the brand name on this keyboard "Microsoft" and then there should be no doubt who can manufacture such an item with software glitches. In the time it took to write this review, that happened to me 5 or 6 times. What a piece of junk. If anybody knows how to fix this issue, please reply, if it is a simple thing to resolve, I will buy you an ice cream and revise this review with some more stars.

5/4/14 update. Figured out what is going on with the keyboard going off all the time. This is specific to Windows 8/8.1. Here's how to fix it:

Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers

Right click on your USB Keyboard, go to Properties, than the Hardware tab.

Highlight USB Input Device (this is the part that doesn't show up under Device Manager) and click on Properties. Click on Change settings.

Go to the Power Management tab and uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

That should do it. The keyboard wont shut off after not using it, and it wont shut off from holding down a key for 5 seconds. Kind of ridiculous why that is checked by default.

I am keeping the review at 2 stars because of the fact that you even have to do this to make the keyboard work correctly, and for the fact that it wasn't easy to find the solution to this problem either.
1111 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2014
I have done some research on this keyboard and it should act normal, but this one is not.

Odd things this keyboard does:
Hold the key down more then 2 seconds it will continue to do the last function until you pull out the USB connection
Cannot hold CTL key with another key it will lockup the keyboard where it will not allow number pad to work.

Not too sure if this is the keyboard normal operations, I plugged in another keyboard and it work fine, this one wow not too happy with at all...
on May 22, 2015
I initially asked for refund because I thought it was broken - it turned off every so often and missed a keystroke or too. It turns out that you need to go under Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices -> Properties -> Power Management and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device." It's very easy to do and it has been working perfectly since. And the company (CircuitCity) was VERY fast in shipping me the second keyboard! I'm pleased with their customer service and hope to buy from them again!
on December 2, 2014
It's a cheap low cost keyboard, which is great, but here's the problem: it intermittently powers down, even during consistent, robust use. Take your hands away from the keys for 10 seconds and it'll sometimes shut down, so that when you begin typing again, there's a 2 second window where everything you write fails to get registered, so you're halfway through a second word and it only then powers on fully. Enormously annoying. I know there's a way to fix it, there must be, but for the life of me I can't figure it out and I'd say I'm several steps beyond computer literate. Part of the hope of this review is that someone will explain it to me. If it turns out it isn't a feature of this keyboard, but is a part of windows that I can't figure out (I've tried control panel keyboard and power options to no avail). If it's a problem with Windows 8.1, i'll change my review. Until then, this keyboard is low cost and pretty decent for what you pay, but the non-stop powering off problems already have me looking to buy something else
on September 20, 2016
If you are looking for a USB keyboard that will just work and that doesn't cost too much, look no further. I bought this thing on Amazon for right around ten bucks about three years ago, and it is still going strong (though the legends on a few keycaps have faded). I used this keyboard for much of my time as a college student, writing essays and surfing the web and playing PC games, and it withstood it all with no hiccups.

As a matter of fact, this thing is such simple quality that I didn't even retire it because it stopped working; I merely happened to upgrade myself to a mechanical keyboard, and thus shelved it about a month or two ago. Still, I use it when traveling because my laptop keyboard doesn't work and it has remained a very reliable backup.
on November 15, 2014
I wish I could choose no stars

Keybaord works for a while, then stops working. I purchased 2 of them at the same time and both do this. The small light on the kb that shows you PC has power goes out and comes back on when you start to type which is different that any kb I have ever used.

TOO often the light goes out as if PC was shut off and KB cable needs to be pulled and plugged into a different USB port. My pc NEVER had a problem with the other kb's and I only bought these because mine was getting a little dirty.

I would not recommend these at all, unless you don't mind having to unplug them from your PC and plug them back in.

I will be requesting a refund on both I purchased.
on August 16, 2016
Arr'd on time. Very early arrival. Good typical packaging. Easy to plug in. Easy to start up. My only complaint is that the damn L shift key doesn't seem to kick in w/ my fast typing. And it's not me bc I've been a typist for more than ___ years having used a manual typewriter way back when. My speed used to be 170 wpm but I've slowed down over the years. However, that doesn't negate that damn L shift key sticking somewhat. So I gave it a 4 star. This is a very inexpensive, basic keyboard which is what I wanted but that damn L shift key! Am I being too generous w/ 4 stars?
on June 6, 2016
It's a good quality keyboard and I use it for writing books, typing on Facebook, writing Web sites, and programming. While it may say "for business", it can be used for home use as well. So far, I think I have close to about a million keystrokes on it and it's still going strong! I didn't need anything fancy, just being wired, having a large backspace key, the print screen key (used for taking screenshots), the 12 function keys, the arrow keys being separate and grouped in the familiar T shape, and the numpad that I use for the extensive spreadsheets I use for planning in my game design stuff or punching numbers into calculator.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.