Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 1,497 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,704 reviews
on July 1, 2012
I loved this game. For. 99¢, I thought it was worth it. Too bad it had to end. It was challenging, but I like that (Most of the time I had to use hints.).
on March 20, 2012
fun game for the first 30 elements. then every move causes force close. would love to love it, but instead makes me want to throw my kindle fire at developers heads. try it but don't get too attached
on May 31, 2012
This game is awesome get the full version now or else you will never know the real meaning of fun.
on April 27, 2013
Paid my $.99. The app shuts down 15 seconds after it starts. I wouldn't think it would be available in Amazon's store if it hadn't been tested on the Fire.
on August 31, 2011
I liked Alchemy, then I read that Doodle God was even better, so I downloaded the free version from the Google Market. It worked well on my Evo 3D, and when I checked Amazon and found it available here, I decided to purchase it.

Unfortunately, Amazon's version of the game is VERY far behind Google's. The version Google has is 1.4.1.3, Amazon's is only 1.3. It appears Amazon's version hasn't been updated in over 5 months! Alas, this version does NOT work properly on my Evo 3D.

It's a great game, but don't buy it from Amazon, get it from Google if you ever hope to see updates. I only hope Amazon will give me my money back.

EDIT: The game finally got updated on Amazon, but now it's utterly broken. This version has actually been pulled from Google by the developer because of all the problems, but slowpoke Amazon still has the defective version.

2nd EDIT: There is a new update which supposedly fixes the force close issue (I haven't tried it out yet). The current version is 1.4.2.4, which actually puts it ahead of Google (which still reports version 1.4.1.6) at the moment. Only time will tell whether the developer will keep the Amazon version up to date or if it will fall behind like in the past.
44 comments| 237 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon March 27, 2014
Maybe I was over expecting. I had at first an idea that this may be like the old classic Populous. Ah, no. Logical (sort of) tile combining.

The usual 2 Privacy permissions, Phone ID and USB - obviously developed for phones, as only portrait mode is available. No malware is present currently (I say currently as apparently there was an issue a year ago).

IAPs are present, but thankfully demarcated by the universal "shopping cart" icon. You start off with 1000 game coins to purchase hints or unlock side games with, and timed regenerating hints keep you going without being overly tempted to buy hints.

Rather nice artwork, pithy remarks with each successful combination, logical connections (kind of) even with the more outlandish combinations (weapons + void = deathstar), and apparently daily renewed Artifact mini game along with unlockable puzzles, quests, and more mini games.

The reason I don't sound excited is because... I'm not. I played for an hour, got 28 elements, completed the first mini-game, and I'm done. Half the time was spent in random mish-mash; once in a while, a brilliant flash of insight would lead me to an interesting combination (sun + glass for a vampire's gift, I r smrat!), but after all that, I'd rather play something else other than trying to combine tiles to make more tiles to only then spend hours trying combinations of tiles to get another... ya. Your Mileage May Vary.
I have a few problems with this app.

* First, it did nothing for me personally. I just considered the game play to be mechanical, random, and boring.

* Second, so will kids like it? It doesn't matter. Unless you want to school them on age inappropriate language and other content. If you want a developer to control when you expose your kids to certain concepts and language instead of having input on that yourself, go for it.

* Third, there has been some discussion that the Amazon version of this app is waiting for an update to catch up with the Google version. I'd be a bit leery about that. The permissions for this app don't appear bad at this time. But this dev has been rightfully slammed for intrusive permissions in some of their other apps, which include things like both fine and coarse GPS location and in app purchases (in apps aimed at kids). I prefer not to have this app updated and find that they've slid in the intrusive permissions that permeate their other apps. For example, those intrusive permissions are STILL IN Doodle Farm three months after Amazon customers made it plain that we don't appreciate them. So I have no confidence that this or any other app from this developer won't grow those permission in an update.

I downloaded the thing to take a legitimate look for writing a review, but it's going right back off my account as soon as I submit this.

Not recommended.
on March 20, 2012
Problem fixed great game
Same problem. 28 elements and force close. Hope you fix this soon so you can get 5 stars.
In your comments you asked for 5 stars to keep the updates coming. I think if you update it you will get the 5 stars coming.
11 comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2013
Have you ever been so bored that you are having a hard time keeping enough tissue around to wipe the drool off your face? Tired of playing Mahjong and solitaire on your computer? Then you might be so computer illiterate that you could enjoy this game.

The object of this game is to touch two different pictures in the vague hope that you might get a new picture. When you do, you can then use that picture to combine with your old ones to make still others. Oh the joy! Rapture!

Personally, I quickly discovered that the most efficient use of my time was to match each picture item by item until something new popped up. There was no rhyme or reason to it. Just keep clicking until something happens. By that point, I was about 30 minutes into the game and made the decision to delete it never to look back. And now I have written this review so that you need not suffer. Aren't I nice?
on December 11, 2015
still trying to figure out the whole point of this "game". Seems like there's no reasoning to it at all. Things that you would think should go together logically do not, while other things that should repel one another like opposing magnets do?
How this game got so popular, enough so that it has several spinoffs, is beyond me