Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

still trying to figure out the whole point of this "game". Seems like there's no reasoning to it at all. Things that you would think should go together logically do not, while other things that should repel one another like opposing magnets do?
How this game got so popular, enough so that it has several spinoffs, is beyond me
on June 28, 2012
Despite many negative reviews about the force close, I decided to spend my .99 cents on this game and give it a try. Let me tell you, that it was worth it!

First Impression: Doodle God is a game of using your mind mixed with a bit of imagination to come up with some really cool elements. After Doodle God downloaded, my first impressions of the game was that it runs really smooth and was really clean cut. If you are a fan of cartoon style animation, than you will love how this game looks!

Pros: The pros for this game is the feeling of creating a new element! When you have two elements that go together, you will know it right away! It is pretty amazing what you can do when you start out with only four elements and now I have over a hundred. If you appreciate games that have no lag to it, than this game is for you as well! I was able to try many combos of elements without having the game lag.

Cons: The con in this game to me is, creating elements that you have already created. I wish that if you already made that element, it would not allow you to create the same exact element. I found myself doing that many times because it is hard to keep up with exactly when you have many elements already created.

All in all, this is a really great game for the casual player. My wife and I enjoy this game together when we are just relaxing. Also my four year old was able to make some elements that my wife and I didn't think of, so imagination is key here! This game is really easy to play and will have you entertained for a long time. If you love quotes, every time you make an element it will have a quote at the bottom that relates to that element. I give this game a B+ (P.S. I got this game a couple days ago and it hasn't crashed on me at all!)
on March 20, 2012
The game is really fun until you get to the point where it starts force closing every time you try a combination. Then it is unplayable.

ETA: The update fixed the force close issue. I am now having fun playing the game. I appreciate the responsiveness of the developer to the problem. It was fixed really quickly.

For the game itself, every time you make a match, you get a pithy quote related to the new element you have just created. I am enjoying those. You also have the ability to ask for hints on a regular basis, which can become essential as you work your way through - the number of elements can become overwhelming. One feature I do wish the game had was that it would let you know when you had tried a particular combination before. It can be difficult to remember - then when that combination works again and you are taken to the new element screen, it can be hard to remember which groups you were working with. One of two things (that I can think of) would solve this issue: either don't allow you to recreate an element over and over, or have some sort of a back button that allows you to go right back to the screen you just left so that you can more easily remember where you were in your process of trying to find a match.
on July 20, 2015
I really want to delete this off my phone, because it's addictive and irritating! But I don't have the power to do so, yet! Interesting game, actually educational if you're interested in some historical tidbits, but mostly...addictive.
on April 8, 2014
The concept is to fix elements to make new elements in order to complete a level. It's fun to play when I've got a few minutes of free time or when I just need a break from reality for a minute. The elements are kind of funny and somewhat illicit (which I think makes it more interesting.)
My downside is that the game will not let me connect to my Facebook. Evidently you need to be connected to Facebook in order to receive the "free gift of the day." Which happen to be clues you can use during game play and are very helpful. Except I don't have anymore unless I want to pay for them.
on March 20, 2012
Disappointingly fc'ing at only 62 elements into episode 1. I'd be quite irate if I had paid, but it's the FAOTD, so i can wait for an update. Otherwise, great gameplay, a/v outstanding, and exciingly, multiple episodes past what I've played online.
Audio: 4.5 / 5 (repetitive but not annoyinh sounds/music/voiceover)
Graphics : 4 / 5 - simple, yet elegant; animated combos, perhaps?
Premise: 4.5 / 5 - initial episode is straight classic; new eps: Santa?! :)
Replay: 3 / 5 - not something I'll lose interest in, but, if played without cheating may take so long to complete that replay is awhile off.
Length: 5/5 - Yeah. Don't cheat, and you're looking at hours of puzzling combos.
Bugs: 2/5 - stop-proceed FC's, as stated (again and again) by previous commenters. Multi-device; seems like a dev issue that'll hopefully be addressed shortly.
Age: 14+ - basic (actually, absurd) chem/bio combos, some adult-oriented quotes and elements, but potentially over the heads of younger crowds.
Overall: 3.75 / 5 - Essentialy, fix the bugs and I'm satisfied.

Nigel the Pirate - Droid Razr Maxx.
on July 28, 2015
The game is nice looking, but the puzzles themselves leave a lot to be desired. The puzzle is to mix two basic elements to make a third one. While some of the solutions makes sense, the vast majority of them are found either by trying out every single combo or using the limited hint system. The number of hints are limited, unless you spend real money on them.
on June 23, 2017
Free app of the day at that time.
on March 27, 2014
All you do is constantly combine the same elements over and over again in hopes of making something new. Can't imagine how much torture it will be for those who play often to find new elements. I would not recommend this game at all. It's painfully boring and not worth putting the effort in.
on December 3, 2012
It was marvelous! I found myself racking my brains trying to discover what I could combine to create elements unknown to me in this game! Currently, I'm about halfway through. I started with four elements. Air, water, fire and earth. that was several days ago. now, I have one hundred and forty three of them. It's paced quickly enough that it never gets boring. I also adored the fact that it has a kid-friendly version, eliminating alcholol and all other unwholesome things that young eyes don't need to see.