Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$68.55

Showing 1-10 of 207 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 243 reviews
on April 30, 2016
I purchased this item for my niece's as a birthday present. My main goal was for her to use this V-tech to help to reinforce what she was learning at Preschool. When I was younger my grandmother also purchased me a v-tech and I found that it helped me in the areas of science and math (older child version) and I wanted the same for my niece. I was not disappointed and she was happy with what she was learning. When she would visit my home she would bring her v-tech laptop and would sit next to me and I would be on my laptop and she would be on hers. To her this was a real "adult" laptop and she enjoyed every seconds of it. Do I believe that my niece benefited from using this item, yes. She was always happy to tell me what she learned and from her reaction I could see that it was both educational and fun.
The screen on the V-tech could be a little bit bigger, maybe the screen is suitable for a child but not for an adult. Especially, if you are trying to get your child to get interested in the item for the first time and you can barely see the screen. In the beginning you will have to help the child to navigate through and figure things out. I found that after the first orientation she was able to do and figure things out on her own.
on December 30, 2011
I got this vtech tote & go laptop at a really great price, and after reading the reviews, I decided to buy three, one for my 1 1/2 year old daughter, one for my friend's daughter the same age, and one for my niece who is 2 1/2 years.
My daughter loves pressing and playing with my laptop, so I thought she would get used to her own and leave mine alone, lol.
She was facinated with it at first, but the LCD screen is very small and black and white, so its hard to see what's going on in there unless you are really paying attention. It does not grab out at a young child and lock in their attention like maybe a bigger color screen would. The mouse moves in four directions, but is very functional. The sound level is good, there are two settings on the volume control for that. The keypad is user friendly for small children and the laptop itself had very educational stuff on it, plus you have the option to download more things from your own computer when connected to the internet.
I am sure my daughter will get used to it after playing with it a few times over, I think this is a great little toy to get them prepared for the more high tech stuff that are available now.
Its a great toy computer for the price!
on July 25, 2014
Ideal gift for younger children. It's really a good one, it works well and there are educational features to it. This is a good starter for the younger children to use freely since it doesn't require parental control leaving them to learn on their own whilst exploring safely.
I notice though that the price has decreased since I purchased :-) (I should minus a star...lol) ......but the laptop is really nice!
on April 26, 2014
I bought this thinking I was so clever. Turned out my baby had been playing with the same thing at the babysitter's house! Well, turns out you can program these things through the maker's website to say the kid's names and personalize things to a degree. That went over in a big way! The babysitter and I personalized both computers to each of the kids and they squeal with delight and have so much fun. Finally I have something for the kids to bang on that isn't our computers. And boy do these take a beating- the kids stand on them, throw them open and closed with all their might, bang on them, leave them on (it eventually turns off) and run away- just as kids do and these things take it without trouble. Just what I had needed. In a perfect world it would have a color screen and show pictures, but you know, for the price this is a steal considering what it does do and how it saves the adult electronics.
on April 7, 2013
I first saw the results of using this computer recently with a 2 y/o child of Asian immigrants who generally do not use English at home. The father's boss had given them the computer for their son's second birthday. At age 2 1/2, this boy knows and can correctly pronounce the alphabet, numbers and shapes (like circle, octagon, triangle etc). He can sing the ABC song all the way thru. His parents taught him how to use the keyboard and mouse and see to it that he uses the computer every day.

Many years ago, with the advent of the first micro-computers in the late 1970's, I wrote drill programs for my young kids using a tape recorder in conjunction with the computer. My kids' reading ability skyrocketed. This computer makes me think it is a modern update of that old idea.

I was so impressed, I just bought one of these computers for my 4 y/o granddaughter. It will be interesting to see if she can benefit from using it.

If the only programs used are for drilling on letters, numbers and shapes, it will serve a valuable purpose. In my view, the other features are not nearly so important.
on March 8, 2012
Now I know my son is way below the age for this toy, so I can't speak to how he will like it when he uses it for the purpose it is intended. He is 22 months and always tries to tap on our laptops so I thought he should have his own. He has a very good attention span when it comes to reading books, and has a pretty good vocabulary for a kid his age. He is still to young too actually "get" this.
I read some reviews where their very young ones learned how to use this, which is very surprising to me. It's not simple at all. The screen is grayscale and looks like very old computer animation. Most of the keys are letters, not simple shapes or colors like some for very young ones. My son didn't like the laptops made for babies. He likes to open this and hit some keys and bang it around a little. He doesn't listen to it closely, so he doesn't interact with it at all. But, he should grow into it. Hopefully some day!
The major plus--he has sat on it, thrown it, and opens/shuts it very hard, and it has held up very well so far. I would recommend this to people--it's a good price, durable, and seems like it would be interesting and a good learning tool for kids at the appropriate age.
on December 14, 2011
Would be great for kids 3-6 years old.

I purchased this after my daughters leapfrog leaptop went missing. My daughter is 20 months old and loves the leaptop which says it is for ages 2 plus.

This product is for ages 3 plus. I purchased it since it has a mouse and my daughter always grabs the mouse off my real laptop and plays with it and I thought perhaps a kids version would keep her interest.

Well this product is very educational but not something that a younger child can fully explore. My daughter does enjoy it but it really is for older kids (which it does state in the product description). I know she will get more use out of it as she gets older.

I believe this product is more for older kids so if you have a younger child the leapfrog leaptop would be a better fit. LeapFrog My Own Leaptop

Both products will continue to provide educational enjoyment for your child as they age, however the vtech product is more suited for older (it does say 3 and up on it)kids.
on January 31, 2014
Our family all got together for Thanksgiving. One the cousins had this little tote and go laptop, that my Granddaughter just couldn't put down. So naturally this was going to be one of her Christmas Gifts! She love having one of her own. Her Mom has actually downloaded content from the internet, onto it and it worked very well. It is a sturdy little thing. It has all kinds of really fun interactive stuff that makes a small Child really feel like they have their own fully working computer. I at first thought it would be really expensive, being a VTech toy, but it wasn't. I got it for under 20.00. My husband and I were happy with it, and our little Granddaughter really loves playing with it, so it was a great purchase decision.
on April 3, 2013
The laptop has great educational games. The only thing I found wrong with it is that the screen is so dark and small it's hard to see. My child immediately lost interest.
on February 11, 2014
My son is 2 years old, so he doesn't really excel at using the laptop as intended yet. However, he likes the idea that he has his own laptop that he can play with (even though he still goes after mine). I like trying to show him some of the games and features, and I am confident that he will understand it more and more and catch on as time goes by.

My one minor gripe is that the battery cover doesn't screw on. My son ends up tearing off the battery cover and playing with the batteries (taking them out and putting them back). I wish the cover screwed on so that I didn't have to worry about it. Otherwise, this has been a great toy so far.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.