Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Kensington Folio For iPad 4 with Retina Display, iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad 1 (K39337US)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

on May 30, 2012
I was a little worried buying this case for my iPad 2 at first. There were not a lot of reviews for this case which made me hesitant to want to buy it. However I did a lot of searching And for the price it looked like a good risk. It looks like the picture provided and fits their description of the product. The grooves are deep and sturdy, which makes me feel comfortable about it holding my iPad 2 up without falling back. The iPad slipped in the case perfectly. There are holes for the camera in the back and for the charger. Both are easy to access and line up perfectly. I Could care less if this is a smart case or not because I turn my iPad off when I am not using it or when I close the case.

Only thing I would want would be a strap of some sort to keep the cover of the case closed in the event I wanted to travel with it or something. However it does not bother me to not have such a thing.

For the price it is worth buying this case. I just got it, so I hope there are no hidden flaws that I will find.

There are even places to put a business card or cards and a small pocket That you could slip paper behind.

Take the risk and get the case.
on January 22, 2015
I've gone through two of these and am about ready to order a third for my trusty old iPad 2. In my experience, with daily (moderate to heavy) usage, these cases last about a year before they start to fall apart. The first one I had, the "propping" arm finally bent to the point of uselessness. The second one, the spine gave out... this is after many, many hours, days, weeks, months of use, though. I'm not sure if one year is a good average or not, and your results may vary. The feature of this case that has me sold on it above all others I've tried, however, is the method of propping up the screen while in landscape orientation. There is a grooved plastic pad on the outside of the case that receives a rigid tab... it has 15 grooves in it, all of which result in a slightly different viewing angle while the "propper" is seated there. If you've ever had an iPad case and struggled with the angles that the case allowed you to prop up the screen on a table or on your lap (most only have 2 or 3 options - this one has 15), I highly recommend giving this case a try.
on June 28, 2012
I usually buy a product online and when I receive it, I am disappointed but not this product. It is solid with a perfect fit for an iPad. The adjustable stand could be a little more secure but I'm still happy with it.
on November 26, 2012
Quality is okay -so far- but it is only been with me for two days. It looks good and functuality is great! Price was a done deal for me and so I got it.
The merchant was great too! Amazon was great in letting me know on the status of the order. No regrets.
on December 20, 2015
Worked like a charm. We tried several others which claimed to be iPad 1 compatible but this is the first one that actually met that claim. Only caveat: Be very careful with the leg. You MUST pull the leg OUT of the pocket BEFORE bending it back to use. Otherwise you WILL DAMAGE the stiffener in the leg. If I had one suggestion for Kensington, it would be use spring steel instead of cardboard as the stiffener in the leg, AND include a (removeable) warning sticker (on the leg) to pull the leg out before using. NOTE: NOT for iPad Air because their dimensions are too different.
on October 17, 2013
I wanted an iPad case, didn't like what I was finding locally (some of those were outrageously overpriced) and liked this one the best of my online searches.
Reasonably priced, it's a good snug fit on my iPad 3 and should fit the 2,4 & 5 just the same. No installation instructions, not even a picture guide, you have to sort that out on your own- not too difficult to do, match the holes to your iPad. Sliding your iPad into the case you'll find a close but secure fit. One side is held closed with Velcro, the other with a larger flap that you slide in under your device. It might slide out enough to hold a stylus (a stylus holder was omitted) but I'd rather not risk doing that.
The holes/gaps might be a little bit small for some fingers. The power/sync cord hole for the 3 is plenty big enough, there's one on the other end for the new "lightning" cord that doubles as the speaker hole (too small for that, I believe the case material muffles the sound (if you've got an iPad 4 they've included an adequate speaker hole next to the 3 cord hole on the other end). The "face" of the thing has a cut out on each end for the camera (there's a camera hole in the back for the rear camera too) and the "home" button- it's big enough for either. The stand on the back has 14 notches so you can get just the right viewing angle. How durable is it?, might not do well for all day everyday use but it will do well enough for most users.
Reading the materials description at Amazon I'd say the case is synthetic leather- it looks good and appears to be well made. I doubt that I'll ever use the card/ note holder slots/ pockets, they look like they might touch the screen if you fill them all up.
on November 12, 2014
I originally bought this for my iPad and really liked the way it performed and fit. It has slots inside for business cards and I have come to depend on those little grooves (pictured) that allow multiple angles for viewing. When I purchased my new iPad Air (the screen is the same size but the overall dimension is a bit smaller), I was a bit disappointed that Kensington did not offer the same iPad Air cover. But......I purchased it anyway and used some small strips of styrofoam to make it work. It works!
on February 2, 2012
Just got it, so I don't know how sturdy it is, but it looks like it'll work pretty well. The features here or on the packaging didn't note that it automatically turns your iPad on and off. I don't want this, because I don't want my battery to get run down. That was a major reason I bought this one, because there was no mention of it being a smart cover. :(
I do like the inside pockets, and it looks like it'll be sturdy. I spent hours trying to find a case that looked like it wouldn't fall over every two seconds and that wasn't a smart cover, and this is the second case in my saga so far. Has a two-year warranty on it, too. Don't know why they can't be honest about the features, though.
on March 25, 2013
I needed a new cover since my grandchild had stained it and it was wearing badly. I probably bought the cheap one in the beginning because of the cost of the IPAD. So couple of years later, I need to replace. I started looking and there were several options. This fit the IPAD perfectly, looks like leather, is sturdy, and had places for name card, notepad, etc.

We love it and I really loved the price. Very affordable to be so nice.
on May 3, 2013
Very good product, except the stand is made of material too soft to keep from bending. Mine completely bent from standard use, and the manufacturer sent me another one... which did the same. I gave it 3 stars because it's the best thing I can find for my needs.