Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 132 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 138 reviews
on April 28, 2012
This Callaway Rangefinder is as good as it gets. Light weight, fast, accurate and reasonably priced. It has a clear viewfinder, picks up the flag or object very quickly and is as accurate as anything on the market. Callaway got it right with this baby. It beats the Bushnell (V2)hands down at a better price with better feautures. I don't miss my old GPS unit at all and am very happy with my purchased.
on July 17, 2012
First off, I don't know where those Sky Caddy commercials get off saying that people find their product up to 20 percent more accurate than lasers. This laser is money in the bank! I use swing by swing gps for my android and compare it to this laser and the android is a liar. But the GPS units cannot be blamed for this, who knows where the greens keeper put the hole that day? Front, back, middle, it could be as much as 40 yards off from center of green, not to mention the margin of error on where the gps thinks you are versus where you actually are. That being said, if you are not a complete idiot, you can use this laser to get a super accurate reading 100 percent of the time from within about 240 yards. After 240 you might be able to get the pointer on the stick long enough to get a reading, but its super hard. I hear people complain all the time that they get readings to things behind the flag stick like trees, or knolls or whatever. Well, if you are not stupid, and take a stick reading then aim the laser way off the stick and shoot the distance to the background objects then back to the stick to confirm the shorter reading, there is really no way you can go wrong. With a little bit of intelligence youll never have a problem with this range finder. I cant imagine playing a round without it anymore, I use it on every approach shot I take, and even some longer putts. It's just amazing.
on November 21, 2012
It is obviously built with that great Nikon quality and precision that I love. Clear, bright optics through a sufficiently sized viewfinder. The crosshairs and distance indicator are easy to read. And it comes with a nylon jacket protector which I didn't notice in the included contents list, so that was a nice bonus.

The only reason I give it a 4-star is because I'm waiting for the 'vibration reduction' version to come out. If you are 200 yards out, you may find it difficult to get a "locked in" reading because I find it very difficult to keep it absolutely steady. (Except those times I happen to be hitting from beside or behind a tree, which I can use to steady myself...)
on April 24, 2015
Bought this range finder last year (2014) worked for 2 months and then stopped picking up the pin intermittently. Went on line to see if there were any solutions. Several recommendations were to reset the range finder by holding down both buttons on top for 30 seconds and it would automatically reset itself. Worked for a week and then went back to not picking up any objects. Called Calloway apparently after the 6 months warranty and they would do absolutely nothing for me. Told me on the phone they would seek out the problem and repair it once I mailed it to them and if it was more than 100.00 in repairs they would let me know. After 2 weeks I called them and they said they don't repair them, they mail them out. If I wanted they would sell me a new one for 199.00. I will never buy a Calloway product again. lied to me and said they would look at when I mailed it to them. When in fact they don't look at them at all. Their policy is to offer me a new one at a discount once they received the faulty one in the mail. Horrible customer service, horrible product. DO NOT BUY THIS RANGE FINDER
on June 30, 2012
I have been using the Callaway Golf Diablo Octane Rangefinder for one month. I had previously used a GolfLogics GPS but wanted better accuracy on distance to the pin. Added bonuses are that I don't have to download and install courses, nor do I pay a yearly fee like I did with the GPS. The Diablo works flawlessly: it is fast, accurate and very easy to use. At age 62, I had been concerned that I would not be steady enough to hold it on the flagstick, but that has been a non-issue due to the way it picks up the closest object. I just sweep it across the stick to get yardage. I also read other reviews about problems with the eye piece and battery door; however, neither has not been a problem for me. I use the included "skin", which covers the battery compartment and have the Diablo clipped to my golf bag for easy access, and it has held up well. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this rangefinder.
on August 9, 2012
I had a Bushnell Medalist for a few years and it was fine, but was starting to get erratic and have trouble locking on the pin (flag). After looking at the reviews, the Callaway Diablo Octane looked like the best choice for me. I wanted a good, reliable golf laser rangefinder. I really like the Diablo Octane. It is small, light, and very fast. Much faster to get the distance than the Bushnell. It also seems to be able to pick out smaller targets than the Bushnell. I also like the feature that you can point to several targets and get multiple distances quickly. It does not have all the fancy features of other rangefinders, but it is fast, accurate, and tournament legal. Also, I found the price on Amazon was lower than other on line sites.
on March 12, 2014
I bought one of these for my son who is a high school golf team member. The state rules just recently were revised to permit rangefinding devices during competitive play. I liked his so much that I bought a second one for myself and we both have been very pleased with using this device. I'm sure there are better and more sophisticated ones available but this does what you needed to do-namely give you a precise distance from where you stand to the flagstick. It's particularly helpful when you find yourself off the fairway or in places were finding a yard marker could be otherwise very difficult. We also use it at times to measure the distance to golfers ahead of us when on a strange course to determine if they are out of our range and we can hit safely. In a lot of ways having one of these devices can help speed up pace of play and expedite your club choice without a lot of pacing and other effort to determine distances. Buy one!
on April 26, 2013
Was pleased that the product arrived 7 days after ordering, but a sting in the tail that UK Customs charge £26, plus parcel force charge a further £13 for clearance so that needs to be factored in. Product Itself? Disappointed that the stretch sleeve / cover for the rangefinder started to come apart at the seams slightly as the sleeve is pulled over the piece, but its a snug fit and gives a degree of protection. Tried the rangefider both on the range and the course, and while my hands are fairly steady it is tricky to get the scope directly on the flag, but as you scan across the target object a bit of logical tells what reading is the flag, and what is the background. You quickly slip into a routine...scan the target, get the reading, pull a club with the confidence that the yardage is right and hit the shot. If you miss... you can blame the wind, the club, your swing...but not the ragefinder. Routine seems quicker that trying to spot yardage markers on the course, so dont be concerned that this gismo would slow your play. Good kit that gives a slice of added confidence.
on February 1, 2014
I too purchased one of these and didn't read up on any reviews because of my past experience with Nikon products for over 45 years. This unit operated well for less than one season, but after storing it in a golf bag for two months, undisturbed, in a soft and zippered pouch that is dedicated only to the rangefinder, and keeping the golf bag in a push cart where the bag and contents do not get jarred or disturbed, I pulled it out to use it and got a low battery error.

I bought a new battery and it still does not work. I tested the new and old battery and they both are fine giving the required reading on the volt meter. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. It's an expensive device, that from my short time of experience of less than one season, it obviously does not stand up to normal or even better than normal usage..
on May 21, 2013
This is my first golf rangefinder, and I chose a rangefinder over a GPS because I liked the instant feedback of getting measurements to pins, groups ahead, etc.

This rangefinder was near the lower end of price, but got well reviewed so I thought I would give it a shot. I paid about $200 but lately the prices have jumped a little, possible due to increased demand?

It is pretty basic - focus, point and press the button. It took a little work at first to hold it still, but after a few rounds it has gotten a little easier. I just put it in the side pouch of my bag and it is easily accessible. When taking a cart, it fits snug in the cupholder and is easily accessable. My friends like it because I can always give them a yardage.

I would highly recommend this product, and hope to get many years of use out of it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.