Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 34 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 38 reviews
on May 22, 2016
*Works Excellent on Windows 7
*Works Excellent with two Xbox 360 Contollers
*Works with Generation one Skylanders (obviously it wont work with the new ones)

*Don't expect it to work with any other toy than the ones that were made for this game. This should be a given, obviously a game from 2012 won't include graphics design from something created in 2015. Unless there is a time machine. So ignore the idiots who are complaining about that.

*And if you have problems on Windows 10, or 8...........Don't know what to tell you. I don't use that crap.
on December 11, 2011
We've now played this game for about a week. I installed it on a couple different Windows pc's (winxp Pentium 4 3.2ghz, vista core2 duo 3.1ghz, and win7 i3 1.7 ghz) to see which would work best. I was hoping it would work on our Pentium 4 3.2ghz machines from 2006 since one of them was using our 40" lcd flat screen. ( No I didn't check the minimum specs. ) However, it installed fine on each machine. Only the vista core2 duo machine could play the game decently and quite well in fact.

The key combinations work quite well (asdw and jkli), but it's a little clumsy to change to the mouse for keys/doors. I haven't tried to use the mouse to attack. Moving and attacking with the mouse would have been wonderful! :) We have played through the first five or six adventures and have redone several to level up different skylanders or find all the items.

We demo'd a wii version at Walmart, and hoped the pc version would provide more portability and the same level of multiplayer; however, so far, the pc version is all single player. We have ordered some pc game controllers to see if the multiplayer is as fun on pc.

One glitch for the winxp machine was after installing we had to play in coop mode. The first skylander just stood there and we were asked to press 'k' to join. No other keys worked until the second skylander on the portal. At that time, the second skylander could move etc using the keyboard but the first skylander was still stuck. I'm working with Activision to trouble-shoot this problem via email, website, and facebook. Facebook had the quickest response, but we haven't solved it yet.

Another annoying aspect is that sometimes your skylander will leave the game in the middle of a fight or as you are moving around. You remove the skylander from the portal and then place it again and it works fine. This may have to do with where you are in the game or where the skylander is on the portal. Some of our skylanders are still in their packages and others are single pieces. Both types do this occasionally, but not consistently or in any pattern. For our skylanders in the three packs if the portal reads more than one skylander, it stops the game and 'says', "there are too many skylanders on the portal please remove one" and we move the three pack around until it only reads one. Not sure why this happens when you are suppose to be able to play coop in the adventure mode.

One other thing I did to enhance gameplay was turn my mouse sensitivity to the minimum and typematic key repeat settings to minimum. Otherwise, after running a short distance I would get "dings" for every key press. Even at those settings, we still get the occassional ding and quit the game to the desktop and restart to solve the ding problem.

Some of the first puzzles are quite easy but the difficulty increases the further into the game you go. Right! :) Some are quite fun to figure out and others are just time consuming. Graphics, audio, and gameplay are entertaining.

Okay, so I'd recommend this game, just be aware that the pc version may focus on single player unless those controllers come through with flying colors. Also, be aware that your pc may not run the game very well depending on specs.

Minimum System Requirements from the activision site[...]
· Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP or Windows Vista(R) (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)

· Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included) (Windows Vista users will need to install the DirectX 9.0c update included in the game disc)

· CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.0 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) 64 3200+ processor or better supported

· RAM: 512MB RAM (1GB for Windows Vista)

· VIDEO CARD: 256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon(TM) 1600XT or better (onboard chipsets not supported)

· SOUND CARD: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

· HDD SPACE: 8GB of free hard drive space

· HOSTING: To host Co-op or Multiplayer matches, a 2Ghz dual-core or better processor is recommended.

· INTERNET: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity

My systems specs:

winxp Pentium 4 3.2ghz, 3gb ram, 160gb hd, invidia Geforce7300 LE 512mb, 19inch lcd monitor
vista 32bit core 2 duo 2.5ghz, 3gb ram, 250gb hd invidia GeForce 8600m GT 1.5 gb shared video memory 17inch lcd laptop
win7 home premium 64bit, core i3 2.1ghz, 4gb ram, 320gb hd, intel gma hd integrated graphics 1.5gb shared memory, 15.4inch lcd laptop

I hope this helps all of you potential and previous buyers. :)

******-Updated 12/13/2011****

Okay, we have since purchased 2 generic usb controllers but the game doesn't allow all the left stick to work. We can only use buttons 1-10 but not move. Very disappointing. Contacted Activision support and have lots of dialogue but no real solutions. Now our portal won't accept skylanders. Sometimes if we hold the skylander above the portal it will accept it, but not always. We've tried different skylanders, both in and out of the packaging and nothing consistently give results. I tried rebooting, using different usb ports, and ordered a powered usb hub to try once it arrives.

As of now, I'm very disappointed in the quality of technical help from activision and the sustainability of the game. It worked for a few days but now seems to have too many glitches to play.
on November 22, 2011
I found this game really fun, however if you have a Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360, you should consider buying one of those versions instead. This PC version is essentially those versions except for the PC. Since the game was originally designed for the Wii, there will be moments where you have to wiggle the mouse or move it around to open chests and use keys. You can't change the controls for the keyboard, and your friends will have to bring their joysticks along if you want to play multiplayer.

This game is aimed at younger children, but the young at heart can also enjoy it. It plays like a dungeon crawler with button-mashing attacks and light RPG elements. The characters will become personal to you as they level up and get upgraded. There are also hats to collect that allow you to customize your characters. You have to buy upgrades (using game currency) in the hub world to give your characters more attacks/abilities, and you will eventually come to upgrade "branches", meaning you will choose to upgrade the character a certain way, making them even more unique to you. The puzzles are relatively simple, and the only really frustrating moments are when you're ambushed by powerful enemies.

You will need deep pockets to fully enjoy this game, because it does twist your arm to buy more characters. There are elemental gates throughout the game that can only be unlocked by characters of a certain element, and accessing these areas counts towards 100% game completion. There are also times when you find powers for characters you don't have, and the game shows you a preview of the character just to convince you to buy them.

Sometimes characters can suddenly drop out then come back into the game (they suddenly get de-summoned and then summoned again) at random points, but it doesn't happen too often.

I hope Nintendo does something like this with Pokemon soon.
on April 10, 2017
Great game, works great with my Windows 10 computer. Brings back great memories of playing with my brother. Trigger Happy is the og.
on February 22, 2014
I purchased this as a gift for Christmas. It arrived at my house and the pieces weren't even in the box correctly. The game inside had also been opened. The topper was that there was still a piece of tape on the box with birthday wrapping paper stuck to it. The items were all there and in new condition, but that isn't the point here. New means not opened and used.
on April 5, 2015
Problem is, this will not work with Windows 8. Installation hangs up at registration step. Description on Amazon says it works with Windows XP, and up. Not far enough "up". Game packaging says it will work with XP, Vista, and Windows 7. Wish we knew that.
on March 30, 2013
Had to get a second one from the seller. The first one was previously opened. No problems with the second game.
I played the game using a 360 controller, it worked well. did not fully support the 360 right out of the box. The game did do a good job using it though.
When i asked for a different item from the first the seller sent me another one speedily and did his best to help me.
on February 10, 2013
My 8 year old is obsessed with the characters. I sometimes feel like it is more of a curse for buying this game. On the upside, it is a really cool game and they work together as a team to win battles. They love it and are working on getting more characters. I have used this as a way to get them to read more in order to play more on the weekends. :)
on February 20, 2015
Works on PC/MAC, sadly it works only with "spyro adventure" character, so a little limited since all the new one will not work.
Still a decent starting point to play skylanders!
on May 24, 2012
This game is fun for me. I also got a great deal at Amazon Outlets. I like walking around and blowing up stuff that doesn't have realistic body parts and blood everywhere. Crash Bandicoot and LEGO's are my style. The game is fun because my grandson likes all the characters and has become a character encyclopedia knowing what each character can do. There are easy parts and hard parts of the game...play what you like. The ability to play with your characters on your friend's system is great. You can also play online. I'm not so sure about the need to buy 30 or so characters, but the extra adventure packs, if you can find them, is the way to go. I play on a PC and the SecureROM security stuff as usual was a problem. It was easily fixed by sending the error log to them and then they give you a patched file you can use to launch the game...no problems after that.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.