Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Package Quantity: 1|Change

Showing 1-10 of 398 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 415 reviews
on December 2, 2011
I have 2 of these little fans for in our 2 bedrooms in winter. The heat settles at the ceiling because of radiator heat, not forced air. I point the fans up, to the ceiling to move the air across the ceiling and down the walls. These fans are enough to circulate that air so the whole room is equally warm without cooling the air. Thats what we needed.
They are quiet, we sleep with no problem at all. They are on 24/7, use a very tiny amount a electric and save on the heat bill since the air is warm all over and not pooled above our heads.
I love these fans as no longer is the room cool at low level and hot at the ceiling.
Moving the air also keeps it from getting so stagnant in the closed up rooms of winter.
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2017
I have purchased four of these delightful little fans so far and I love them. One of the purchases was a gift for a friend. I'm at the age where I occasionally get very overheated and I need to quickly cool down. I have one of these right next to my bed (for night sweats), one on my work desk (for hot flashes), and one in my bathroom (for when I overheat while blow drying my hair). They are great!
on October 23, 2015
Use this on my nightstand every night. I actually prefer the turbulence noise (which isn't all that bad) to drown out the tick-tock of the grandfather clock and other miscellaneous patter that can keep one from falling to sleep quickly. I've looked but can't find any small fans that use sealed ball bearings (except computer fans).

These Chinese consumer grade fans come with sleeve bearings so beware that they won't run forever. The lubricant will evaporate or dry out (especially in dry climates) and the bearing will fail. For that reason, I would never knowingly leave one running when I leave the house after a bad experience. The sleeve bearing on our guest room pedestal fan failed when my elderly parents were visiting. Fortunately they woke up before the acrid smoke caused any serious problems.
I ordered this little 4" metal bladed fan for my office to help circulate air and it has worked great in the few months I've had it! I have a plethora of monitors and two different workstations in my office so it can get relatively warm and especially so in the summer months. I mostly keep this fan aimed toward the front of my office to circulate air and this little fan moves a surprising amount of air.

The Holmes Mini High Velocity Personal Fan replaced my old Holmes Blizzard Junior Personal 2 Speed Fan which was both larger and considerably louder than the Mini HV Fan. If you're looking for a fan to also add white noise I'd recommend the Blizzard Junior, just beware that the plastic blades are considerably louder.

I'm also a digging the base of the Mini HV Fan. My older Blizzard Junior would rattle and eventually work itself off of hard surfaces like a desktop. It was more appropriate for soft surfaces like carpeting. The Mini HV Fan is perfect for a desk and features three (3) rubber feet that keep the fan from moving and also dampen vibration.

Note that the Mini HV Fan only offers one setting - on or off. There's no speed adjustment at all. I wasn't sure if I'd like it but the default fan speed is what I'd describe as 'medium' on a typical 3-speed fan. I tried it out and ended up liking it so no need for a return.

Overall and excellent small form factor fan that moves a surprising amount of air. Recommended!
on May 10, 2016
Pros:
-Very quiet, almost silent
-Good power
-Very small, very compact
-Durable, well made

Cons:
-Wish it was USB powered (I didn't order a USB fan because I was worried the strength would be weaker, but I have found that I don't have a plug accessible at my desk so I have to plug it in on the other side of the room and it is a little too far away)

I bought this fan to put on my desk, and as I have no free outlets near my desk, I have had to place it kind of far away.
But even being on the other side of the room, I can still get a good breeze.
I was worried about the loudness, but this fan is super quiet.
Also, my co workers think it's so cute and tiny!
on August 27, 2011
Perfect for desk fan. Sturdy and quiet. Highly portable. I have one at work and one on my computer table at home. At Night the fan gets turned toward the bed which provides enough cooling and air circulation to keep sleep comfortable. Now we keep one in the bathroom to help out our tired exhaust fan.
on January 15, 2015
I've only used it for about a week, but so far it is exactly what I need. I use it to disperse the vapor from a cool mist humidifier in my bedroom, so the vapor doesn't just drop to the floor and soak the hardwood, and actually gets circulated in to the room. I immediately noticed the difference the first night I ran it, and for once didn't wake up during the night with that awful "gas heating dry throat and itchy eyes". This fan is perfect for that job. Almost silent, although admittedly I don't have the best hearing, and my wife says she can hear it, but it doesn't bother her. Pushes a decent amount of air, and would no doubt work well as a little personal cooling fan on a desk. Surprisingly well built for the price, has a decent "heft" to it, so it stays put, and doesn't shake or rattle or move around. Has a good range of adjustment, so I was able to point it upward enough to do the job I needed. I can't speak for longevity, I will update this review if it breaks any tme soon. Assuming it doesn't, I'll be getting another one to do the same job with a second little hunidifier in our living room.
on August 27, 2016
I like this little fan. Its small, only 4" so its not going to help much else than you. That's why its called a personal fan. At my desk I keep it near my computer monitor and point it to me and its just the right about of wind coming at me and not too noise that it interferes with my phone calls. Its made with a very durable metal cage and metal blades. has a toggle switch on the back, its one speed. Not USB plug in, actually has a wall plug which I personally prefer for portability. Its Holmes brand, so its got some reputation behind it. For this price, its a great personal fan for desk use.
on January 26, 2016
For something so small, it pushes a lot of air. This is a PERSONAL fan, so don't expect it to be for a large room. I keep mine at arm's length away at work and have it aimed just over my head. It keeps the air moving and if I need to I can just lower it a touch.

I bought one for my desk at work and ended up buying a second one for my nightstand at home.

I run the one at work all day and sometimes I leave it on when I leave. The one at home ran nearly 24/7 over the summer. Both are still working just fine.

It's fairly quiet. Sometimes I turn it on just for some white noise.

It's all metal and of solid construction. The small size allows many placement options.
on June 21, 2015
It's pretty small. I didn't really think about 4" when I made the purchase, but it's definitely not very big. One speed, on and off. That's it. I brought it to work to keep under my desk. It moves a fair amount of air and after a few minutes I'm no longer bat-winging it. I'm happy with it. 4 starts.