Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 108 reviews
on June 28, 2012
I just recently got a Kindle Keyboard and wanted a protective case. After much research and reading hundreds of reviews, I decided on this one. I have a Marware case for my Kindle Fire (Kindle Fire Lightweight MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware, Graphite)that I absolutely LOVE for its durability, ease of use, the elastic strap, and very low profile. After reading the reviews of this case, I was hopeful for a similar product.

This case is well-constructed in that it seems durable, the materials are quality, and it would definitely protect the Kindle. However, I have a few complaints. The inner part that holds the Kindle makes it difficult to fully access the keyboard, especially the buttons on the edge, unless you use a stylus of some sort. My fingers are long and narrow, and I found it very difficult to use the arrow pad and hit some of the buttons. The case is much bulkier than I expected, too. While it may be relatively trim - it's definitely smaller than my husband's case with the built-in light - it still feels bulky to me. The strap on the back is good in concept, but I could barely get my hand in there, and not only was it uncomfortable for me due to the tight fit, but I had to strain to push the page turn buttons. The biggest issue is that when you flip the front flap to the back, the edge of the flap slides past the edge of the Kindle, making it not only uncomfortable to hold in the right hand but really hard to hit the page turn buttons on the side. If you try to push it back so the right edge is even with the flap, there is a huge bulge on the left side, making the whole thing off-balance and uncomfortable to hold in the left hand. I was really disappointed about that, as my other Marware case's cover folds flush against the back and is equally comfortable to hold in either hand.

If Marware had made this case in the same construction style of the one they made for the KF, I'd give it 5 stars without hesitation. However, I feel that their folio for the Kindle Keyboard leaves much to be desired. I opted for an OCTOVO Wool Felt Sleeve (Fits Kindle Fire and Kindle Keyboard) - Bondi Blue instead, and will read my Kindle "naked" instead. I'm quite happy with the sleeve and will write a review soon.
on January 18, 2013
I bought this case because of the rave reviews. I can honestly say it does not disappoint! I love the Teal color (my favorite) and the functionality of this thing. I like the elastic strap that keeps the folio closed. I also love that the inside is microfiber and that the Kindle is basically in a support system (I don't know what else to call it). You slide the Kindle in and the folio holds it nice and secure-no worrying about it slipping, sliding, or falling out! That is probably my favorite thing about the folio. It also has a hand strap to use when reading-this is genius. I thought it was a little odd at first but ended up really liking it; it truly makes reading a Kindle that much more enjoyable and easy. There is also a storage pocket on the inside which is a nice touch. All in all, a wonderful case for the Kindle and I would HIGHLY recommend it!
on August 16, 2012
This is the perfect cover/holder/case for my Kindle Keyboard. I got it in Teal and absolutely love the color; I think it's prettier in person than what the pictures let on, but I'm not sure if that'd be different from case to case depending on how the dying process happens. It looks nice, like a leather-bound journal.

White stitching along the boarders look nice and are strong, no snags or frayed parts. They don't look like they'll snap anytime soon. Black elastic band is also strong and has the right amount of stretch and tension to it for when you want your case securely shut or open. The MARWARE logo is barely noticable on the front cover, as it is embossed. On the back, there are plastic mesh triangles over the Kindle speakers, to allow for unmuffled sound to come out if you listen to music, text-to-speech, or audio books.

Some people in the reviews brought this issue up: the claim that it is leather. To be honest, I don't care if it is real leather or not. If it is, cool? If it isn't, okay? The company calls it "eco-leather," whatever that is, and strives to lessen their impact on the environment. Kudos to them. Either way, leather or not, it's pretty water-proof, stain-proof, and scuff-proof so far. I haven't had any issues with it getting dirty or dinged after keeping it in my backpack or purse. Seems pretty solid and protective for if I ever drop my Kindle by accident. And for the price? This product is awesome.

The interior of the case is nice too, with soft microfibers. The color might be less than desired, in a charcoal grey, but it could go with either style Kindle: black, grey, or white. My Kindle Keyboard is white and it looks fine in this case. The hand strap is a good size for me, but I don't forsee myself using it all too often. I don't want to fold the front flap behind the Kindle, in fear of creating ugly creases on the teal anterior side. To be honest, it's something I hated about books too: creases down the spine when you got to the middle of your story. For some of you though, I'm sure you don't mind or care, so have at it. Feel free to use the little pocket too, to hold money or a train ticket or beach pass.

Fitting your Kindle securely into the case might seem difficult at first. You have to pull out the stiff, top flap. Then you slip your Kindle in, it might take a few wiggles, but it'll fit perfectly once it's in place. Then comes the task of trying to bend the stiff flap again, to tuck it behind the top of yor Kindle. It's not bad, just slightly annoying. The holes on the interior are cut with precision to allow access to the side tabs. All buttons on my Kindle Keyboard are accessible. All headphone and USB jacks are accessible as well. You don't have to worry.

Overall, 5 out of 5: affordable price, durable materials, nice presentation, good selection of colors to choose from, does what it claims, haven't had any issues thus far.
review image review image review image review image
on August 26, 2011
While I had to wait over a month for this item to be sent me, it was well worth the wait. Previously I owned the original Kindle and had a nice leather folio which worked great. Then my original Kindle started acting funny, and after five or six years I returned it for a new generation Kindle. Since the new generaion Kindle is thinner than my original Kindle I could no longer use the folio. I went on-line to Amazon.com and found this Marware Eco-Vue Leather Kindle. Let me tell you, the Kindle fits very securely into the Marware.

One main reason for my ordering this Marware Eco-Vue Leather Folio, and waiting for over a month for it to be delivered, was because of the pocket. Another reason, is the beautiful shade of Blue.

Some people state they put their license or credit card, or money iniside the pocket. I use the pocket to keep a written list of books I want to download next onto my wonderful Kindle. First, I research the books on Amazon.com, then I write down the Authors name, book title and year of publication. When I'm ready to order my next book, I just pull out my sheet of paper, turn on the Kindle Wi-Fi and type in title of the book. Most of the other Kindle holders do not have a pocket. My old Kindle folio also had a pocket. I suppose that's why I wanted a folio with a pocket for my new Kindle.

This is a well-crafted item. I highly recommend this folio for the New Generation Kindle.
on December 28, 2012
I've been using this cover for ~6 months or so. It fits perfectly on the Kindle Keyboard, which is still my favorite version of kindle to this date. Not only that, it's sturdy and well-made. Kindle keyboard is moreorless 'flimsy' so a well made cover is a must-sometimes even holding it a little too strong can mess up or fracture the screen. I've dropped by kindle several times, accidentally squashed it between heavy books, and even had my mom sit on it by a mistake. The cover, with just enough cushion, held well and saved my kindle on all of these occasions. The storage pocket is rather useful although admittedly I don't use it that often. I do like the interior strap and use it quite often when I read. The color (I got teal) is very pretty. It's exactly like the picture, and quite easy on the eyes. the interior material, which is grey, is soft and smooth; outside is leather, and it feels like there's a coat or something on it. it's kind of waterproof, and a stain or smudge would come off easily with a rub. Overall I love this cover! I don't know if anyone sells this anymore, but if you find it, by all means get it!
on November 6, 2012
Not long after getting a Kindle Keyboard for Christmas, I realized it would be wise to have a cover to protect it. I couldn't find one for some time that was the right size and price for my budget, until I saw this one on the Amazon site. It is very well -- and cleverly -- made; even though it snugly holds the Kindle in place, all the controls and the speakers are open, easily accessible to the reader. The black strap is elastic so that it can hold the cover closed over the screen or held back out of the way while reading. There is even a wide strap on the back of the opened cover to slide one's hand through for easier holding. This is one item where the designer seems to have thought of everything!
on June 22, 2012
I have a Second Generation keyboard Kindle that I got a couple of years ago. I originally purchased an Amazon cover for it (with the hooks for attaching it to the Kindle) but for the past few months, I was having all sorts of problems with the Kindle freezing and needing frequent hard resets to turn it on. After searching the forums, I learned of the problem other users were having and it seemed to be related to the cover. I decided to give this one a try and have not had ANY more trouble with my Kindle. The cover holds my Kindle very securely and I like the hand strap on the inside.

If you're having problems with your Kindle acting weird and you're using one of the old covers, toss it out and get this one! You WON'T be sorry!
on May 26, 2012
I just bought my second Kindle Keyboard because I dropped the first one so many times, it finally broke. When I placed the order for the second one, I decided I had to get something to protect it from being broken too. I ordered this leather folio for several reasons. I liked that it was leather and that there were many choices of colors. The price was very reasonable especially considering it's leather and will protect my Kindle from breakage and scratches. I also liked that the Kindle is held inside the folio securely and it doesn't need to be removed when reading. All of the buttons are accessible without removing it. I knew if I dropped this, it would soften the impact and protect my Kindle. I ordered mine in teal... it's very pretty.

My Kindle Keyboard and folio arrived in the same box FOUR DAYS after ordering it! Wow! Plus, shipping was free!
on December 15, 2012
This protects my Kindle Keyboard perfectly. I have heard a few people complain about the elastic strap. I don't see any problems with it. I personally have never used it until recently when I had to use crutches. I personally have been using it to carry my Kindle since I can't hold it in my hand while using the crutches. It is sturdy.

The case is well made. The sewn in strap for your hand is great. I just wish the page buttons on my Kindle were a little higher in comparison to where your hand sits while using the hand strap. I makes it very comfortable to hold your Kindle while reading. Nice little pocket also.

As far as the smell everyone else is complaining about.....can't say I smelled a thing when I opened mine up.
on August 2, 2011
I got this because I was tired of the dust falling on the face of my kindle. There were a ton of covers to choose from, some very expensive, that I thought was pointless. I just needed it to stay clean. This cover does the trick. It is comfortable to hold. The only drawback is down where the 5-way key pad is, the cover comes over a little too far and the right arrow key is a little difficult to get to. I don't really see how it can be changed now, but a revamp may be necessary. I don't use the hand strap to hold on to it when I fold the cover back, but I might. The other complaint I had is it had a funky smell that gets into your skin while you are reading. I would have to wash my hands after readig the get the smell out. That smell has since dissapated so it's good now. All in all, great cover for the price, just wish they had more colors to choose from.