Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 21 reviews
on September 21, 2012
I just received this microscope today. I will use it mostly as a hobby. It's probably far more than I really need but I'd rather spend a little extra money to buy a better scope than be sorry I bought a cheaper model. I also wanted a camera to add to the enjoyment since photography was once my work and now my hobby. Taking it out of the box: The scope is heavy and appears to be solidly built. I didn't see any documentation in the packaging but with a little common sense I was easily able to put the microscope together without problems, and I'm a senior female, not a rocket scientist. I did find documentation in the cardboard box later on, along with a CD for the photo software. Documentation is very basic! I will have to get on to YouTube to figure out how to use the oil on the 100x. One other small complaint is that there are no slides included in the kit. I have them ordered but they won't arrive for a couple days. It would have been nice to have a couple to try out first. For now I used a small picture frame glass to try the scope out. At first I was a bit confused at all the dials but with a little experimentation I got it up and running quickly. I will have to wait for the slides and covers before I can view more, but for now I viewed a leaf, onion skin, hair and some grains of sand. Very interesting! Next I tried the camera. Camera, too, appears to be solidly built. At first I tried the included software program which is adequate. Photos are clear and fair sized (3.75 MB, 1280x1024 pixels). The color is over-saturated but there are adjustments. I prefer using Adobe Photoshop to capture the image, but I will play around more with the ToupView software just out of curiosity. I will experiment further once I get the slides and will take some photos later for an update. At this point, I am very happy with my purchase. Should give me hours of enjoyment.
on August 26, 2011
I purchased this microscope as a birthday present for my 16 year old. He has received countless microscopes, but, somehow always outgrew their capabilities. I wanted to purchase one that would carry him through college, without spending several hundred dollars. After researching several, I discovered this model and found it possessed many of the features of Celestron and other expensive brands without the cost. It arrived securely packaged within the time period promised. My son was thrilled with the clarity of the objectives and I was impressed by the quality. I highly recommend this microscope to all budding scientists!
on December 18, 2012
I have been a Clinical Laboratory Scientist for nearly 30 years. I've worked in many hospital laboratories and I read microscope slides for a living. This scope is actually better than some I have used in hospital laboratories. The optics are crisp, and it's a nice, sturdy scope. This scope is an incredibly good deal. It comes with many filters and a camera...I recommended it to my dentist's hygienist, who needs one for her beekeeping business.

When I was about 8 yrs old, I asked my folks for a microscope for Christmas. This year, I bought one for myself...I've been wanting one, but thought they would cost about $1,000. I didn't want to buy a used one, because it would be unsanitary for the grandkids to look through. I've ordered some of the prepared slides & will let you know how I like them after they arrive.
on November 14, 2014
This is absolutely amazing!!!! I'm a veterinarian and I have no words to describe how happy I am with this product. It is awesome, high quality, strong, clear, professional.
When I was deciding what microscope I was going to buy I was expecting to see reviews from professionals that had some experience with microscopes. Well here is mine. As a veterinarian I've used this for hematology, parasitology, microbiology etc. And with no doubt I dare to say this as good as the expensive ones we had at vet school.
So do not hesitate to buy it!!
on December 25, 2012
Got this microscope as a gift for Christmas. It arrived very well packaged...encased in styrofoam and boxed twice...there was no way this bad boy was gonna break on its way to my house. Set up was very easy; there is really no need for an instruction manual. All you have to do is screw on the binocular head and the objectives. It also comes with oil to "grease" parts with to maintain all the parts properly. The light worked and comes with a spare fuse should the one already installed blow out after extended use. All the objectives came in securely packaged individual cases. Also comes with a cover to protect your microscope when not in use. I tested the scope with a slide of a flea. All the parts were fully functioning and I am extremely satisfied with the quality of this product. My family even had a blast seeing the flea's heart beat and intestines moving (despite previous claims of the thought of looking at a flea's beating heart disgusting). The price, the quality, the functionality...this product cannot be beat! (Definitely make sure you have a lens cleaning cloth though; this product does not come with one and you will need it!)
on July 1, 2012
I was really happy with this microscope. It was easy to use, and produces excellent photos. The 2000x highest magnification level is somewhat difficult to focus (particularly when using the digital camera), but for the price this is an amazing deal.
on February 19, 2012
Excellent buy - microscope appears to be of excellent design. The biocular plus the camera attachment with its usb cable is a big plus.
on May 15, 2012
Bought this for my wife as a surprise because she has a Bachelor of Science in Biology and loves looking at bugs and stuff! She loves it! I can't wait to see the camera in action. That is why I picked this one, because it already came with the MU130 camera!
on March 31, 2016
I purchased this with no intent for using it for bioligical things, nothing liquid. I got it to look at stamps, a camera was with it. Quite impressive. I would highly recommend it for stamps. But how fast it arrived at my house was astonishing. I never knew the post office delivered on sundays.
When i was called an told that the post office delivered it, i asked ' was it a real post office truck an a person in uniform?" So i give the microscipe a FIVE STAR AND THE DELIVERY A 10.
on December 22, 2012
Scope works well; I am using it at a lab in Africa for a research project and the local team is sending good reports. Only issue is that the user's manual sent with the scope is actually for a different model. I am still working to resolve this with AmScope.