Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,809 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,054 reviews
on August 24, 2016
Update- This app works like normal now. The problem is from time to time this app stops working over the years and then I'm forced to install the non pro version from the play store. Hopefully this is the last time this happens.

It's very disappointing to have a pro version of an app that doesn't work. It keeps asking to update and even after I do I get error asking me to update again. Fortunately for me I got this for free when Amazon had the app of the day feature but I'm sure others have paid for this only to have it be broken after updating. I wonder if because this is Amazon tunein hasn't updated yet. I downloaded free version from Google and it works.
33 comments| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2016
Google Play Store carries a more recent version of this app (15.8) that does work on Android Marshmallow, unlike this version. Amazon needs to update this app so that I can use it again.
on May 22, 2014
I've loved this app for years, but today I'm uninstalling it from both my phone and Roku. There is no need for a music streaming app to read and track my contacts.
on May 22, 2014
I just updated and now it wants access to my contacts and a list of accounts from my phone? I liked the app, but that's just WAY over the line.
on May 24, 2014
Ui is now horrible. App want access to contacts and my accounts - information it has no valid reason to access. Uninstalled and now looking for a streaming app which actually places priority on streaming instead of accessing personal infomation.
on August 24, 2016
Since my Nexus 6P upgraded to Android 7, I cannot install program. The Nexus 6P is my only phone.
on May 23, 2014
Why does my radio need to know my friends that have completely different taste in music!?!? When did the NSA take over the app?
Have had the pro version for years and now might have to find a new app if this isn't corrected soon.
Will NEVER update with the new permissions, so I'm sure it will eventually stop working because I'll be missing some update.
STUPID decisions by a once great app!
I used to be the user of the free TuneIn Radio for years, I thought it was a 5 star app, I prefer it over other radio apps. I can listen to any AM and FM radio station. The browse function makes it easy to find what I want by name.

I upgraded to TuneIn Radio Pro to get scheduled recording, but was disappointed in how recordings work. I wanted to set up recording well in advance for when I knew I would be away to catch something I wanted to listed to. Well, it does not work well in advance as it does not find the schedule. Recording does work if I start it on the same day. I did not realize the limitations before I got the app.

I still like the all basic TuneIn Radio app but the reason I got the Pro version does not work as I hoped.

Ali Julia review
on June 15, 2016
Update to Marshmallow has rendered this app useless. Fix it!
on January 5, 2014
This is one of my favorite APPs for the Kindle Fire.
Tune in many of the thousands of international stations,
as well as local stations and enjoy the many languages available.
There has been a veritable explosion in the richness of radio broadcast
media. There are so many new and varied types of broadcasts, Podcasts,
types of music, comedy, storytelling, interviews with musicians, composers,
politicians, stories of old, historic broadcasts, talk shows, et cetera.
Tune in different locations, cities, national networks, International and
Networks like the BBC, and RFI broadcast in many different languages, as well as
hundreds of independant stations everywhere in the world.
It's the answer to a polyglot's prayers !
Allows one to set up favorites lists, by touching the heart-shaped icon
to identify stations or tracks that you want to come back to.

The Pro Version (a one time purchase) gives additional features like
recording, of whatever you are listening to for later playback, and also
the power conserving Black Backgound Kindle Fire's battery power !
a very useful for listening at night.

This is so much better than shortwave, it's DXing on steroids !