Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 7, 2011
I got this 16gb class 4 card to replace the 2gb class 2 Sandisk card that was shipped with my Droid X. I opted for the 'Amazon Frustration Free' packaging. Got the card within 48 hours using my Amazon Prime membership (2 day shipping w/ tracking info). The Transcend runs circles around the Sandisk card that came with my phone.

Tested with h2testw V 1.4. Results were:
Write Speed = 4.02mb/s
Read Speed = 15.2 mb/s

Both are within claimed class 4 range. My Droid X responded much faster when texting or taking photos. Apps loaded much faster.

Pros:
-$14.99 and prime shipping can't be beat!
-Comes with SD adapter.
-Also has clear plastic case to hold BOTH the adapter AND the Micro SD card.

Cons:
-Wish I would have gotten 2! The price fluctuates daily it seems. Now it is $19.99 (12-7-11).

Overall:
If you're looking for more storage space for ANY reason, then look no further. This is the 4th Transcend memory card I've bought from Amazon. I've tested each one with h2testw and ALL are ABOVE range.

My next purchase will be the Transcend class 10 16gb Micro SD: Transcend 16 GB Class 10 microSDHC Flash Memory Card TS16GUSDHC10
on January 4, 2012
This is a great micro SD card. Here are a few pros/cons:

Pros:
1. Fast shipping!
2. Really great packaging - frustration free is right! Came in a regular mail envelope. All you need to do is tear the backside to open. Not unlike other packaging which uses plastic and you need scissors to open.
3. Write times are around 3 MB/s. Sometimes I get higher write times / sometimes I get slower ones.
4. Great for phones! I'm using this on my HTC Sensation, and this card is more than enough for hours of music + all your apps + some books + games + a few movies.

Cons:
1. The real storage capacity is actually around 14.8GB. That's not an advertising problem. All micro SD cards are advertised to have a higher storage capacity than they really do. Just be ware of that fact.

Overall, a solid and great buy for $15 for a 16GB card!
on May 9, 2016
I think we've reached the point where flash memory is a common commodity like beans, nails, or ping-pong balls. Having said that, these memory cards are equal to others at an attractive price. Service and delivery by Amazon and its' member retailers was, as always, top notch.
on January 28, 2012
**UPDATE** In my rush to test their transfer speeds, I never even thought to verify the memory storage. Come to find out, as I download more songs to my library, they all won't fit in my phone... Hmmm... So I go to verify the amount of storage left and see that the ENTIRE STORAGE IS ONLY 8GB?!?! So it is too late for me to return, buyer beware, I guess it was up to me to verify that in the beginning. THEY CLEARLY SAY 16GB ON THE MICRO SD CARDS THEMSELVES BUT ONLY PROVIDE 8GB OF STORAGE.

I purchased 2 of these Transcend Class 4 16mb Micro SD's because many of the others for sale on Amazon had comments that stated they actually tested out at only a class 2. The Transcends did not have many reviews with this technical data, so I took a chance. I received them today and tested them out. They test AUTHENTIC READ/WRITE SPEED FOR A CLASS 4 MICRO SD, and I am happy. They also came in branded packaging, and with an adapter. Upon inserting in my Motorola Droid Razr, all is fast and well. Here is the tech data:

Warning: Only 1518 of 15185 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 4.25 MByte/s
Reading speed: 18.1 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4
on June 2, 2012
I got this for my wife's new tablet. We also run it in a desktop and two laptops. Everything works as it should. The micro card works, the adapter works, it all works. Capacity is actually 14.8 GB, not 16, but that's still pretty nice for the cost. The "Frustration-Free Packaging" is a stiff envelope with some padding, and it was enough to protect the contents. In short, everything works as it should. This is a great price for a SDHC with higher capacity.
on August 3, 2012
works fine in my Lg 505c Phone. Access seems faster than some if the other class 4 cards I have. I also tried it in a flash drive on the computer worked well there as well. Really liked the packaging. Wish more produces were packaged like this, Simple I didn't need a cutting torch to open nor did I need to call for a special trash pick up to deal with the disposal of excess packaging I'll look for more products with Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging !!!
on May 15, 2014
Having had trouble with other brands of micro sd cards, I am wary to try anything else since I have found Transcend works for me. I have bought several of these and so far, no trouble. They are usually reasonably priced as well, or maybe it's because I try to watch for when the prices drop.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
Piece of crap! I will never buy another Transcend product again. It died after about one month of use. It was delivered April 10, 2013 and it died about 2 days ago which was May 11, 2013. I'm going to contact Amazon to see if there is anything they can do for me. I lost a lot of files that had been stored on that darn SD card. I'm definitely not happy.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2014
The micro card has worked well in several phones over the years (Samsung Gravity, Tmobile G2, other Samsung android).

The only issue I've had are intermittent failure while using the included adapter. Reseating the micro card in the adapter has worked each time.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on May 12, 2013
Do not use this card for recording video because the audio is unacceptably distorted. SD video is filled with steady stream of low volume pops. HD video is filled with high pitched chirps that sound like rapid morse code. I've tested this with two video cameras. A no-name 2GB class 2 card that does not exhibit this behavior.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.