Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Get $5 off book purchases over $20* Use promo code GIFTBOOK17 Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 6, 2017
Does not increase volumne one bit on my Fire HD Tablet.
Enthusiast: DC Comicson July 26, 2012
Thank goodness for the Amazon Fire Kindle forum. One poster lead me to this app and I use it all the time now. No problem to install or configure. This is a big help in listening to videos. Tried it out on The Matrix first. I had my living room rocking to the sound coming out of Fire as we watched Neo and Trinity blast those "evil" agents! A good deal for such a low price.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2017
Didn't work
on August 17, 2014
This app really made a big difference in the volume level on my kindle fire hd. I was skeptical, but wow! Now I can hear the kindle just sitting next to me when before there was no way.
on May 10, 2012
I just bought a Kindle fire and the first issue I encountered was the low volume output. I've heard all the remarks about how one shouldn't expect home stereo sound, but one should at least expect audible sound!I was having to practically lip read movies at full volume!
So I boxed the Kindle up and was preparing to send it back when I decided to check various forums for a solution. VOLUME+ seemed to be a well regarded app for this issue and despite some really scathing feedback, I decided to give it a try on my NON-ROOTED Kindle. Man am I glad I did!
The volume increased several fold and I can use the EQ settings to boost voice scenes or bass, mid range, etc.
VOLUME+ completely transformed my Kindle Fire and saved me return shipping costs and aggravation. I can now enjoy my Kindle to it's full potential.
on June 22, 2017
Didn't work on kindle fire.
on January 23, 2012
had this for a few weeks finally decided to try it out on my kindle fire which as you may have heard by now has terrible sound I mean its great for background noise or when u want to hold it close to you but yeah it sucks. anyway finally gave this a try didn't know what I was doing chose a song tron my library so I could hear if there was any difference. well from the thingummy where you slide it where you want I got no results so I just chose from the volume menu I picked number 8 which is where you get the note to be careful and omg I can hear unmuffled Teena Marie blasting through the speakers! So cool! This app was the best investment for the kindle so far lol worth every penny. cant imagine what if sounds like above eight. I noticed when turning the volume down there seems to be no audible wound at all passes the halfway point but not a big deal at all.
****UPDATED 3/25/12
Came across this review while going through purchase to be sure I reviewed things I have tried. Read through some to see if anyone had found one that might get the kindle a little more louder than this one. First I would like to say my kindle is not rooted though sometimes I do wish I could so that I could shop different app stores.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled this app mustve beeen updated because it works a bit better than it did before I read a review that said the kindle is louder than this app. I found that statement to be true with uninstallation my kindle was about the volume but only at full volume when half way you hear nothing. So i reinstalled and while still at about halfway mark you hear nothing audible on full you hear a much louder than the kindles volume without this app. About a quarter towards the full mark you will get the same sound you get from the kindle alone. This app had to be updated because before I just tried adjusting it I had it on 15 and it was just regular sounding now I get that same sound on 9 after reinstalling. STill glad I bought this wish I had thought to reinstall after a couple of crashes it had earlier this year. Thought I was just getting used to the sound and just wanting it louder but this app still works great just need to give it another try.
on June 6, 2013
When I first reviewed this app I said it does not work with the Kindle Fire HD. I was not even able to test it. Hopefully in the future it will work.

Come to find out it does work with the Kindle Fire HD and works well.
After doing some searching I found out that I had an app running called Equalizer FX. When this app is running Volume+ stops working.

I recommend this app to improve the volume level and sound of the Kindle Fire HD.
The Bass Boost works well.
I suggest that you adjust the settings to suit your tastes. Give the equalizer included in this app a try. It works well.
I got mine for free, but I would pay for this app.

Be very careful when adjusting the volume. You could easily damage the Kindle speakers.
on September 8, 2014
I had tried the app Speaker Boost before getting this, hoping to save some money. Once that didn't work, I turned to this app.
The problem is, I am having the same issues with this app as I did Speaker Boost. I boost the volume, it increases, then goes instantly back to normal volume.
In fact, when boosting the volume too much, my Kindle's volume actually decreased.
I have no clue what the problem may be, but until solved, I have no intent on using this app.
on February 4, 2014
I am so happy I got this volume control app. I have been using Bluetooth headset or speakers but it can be really inconvenient for casual listening. This works exactly as described. If you are an audiophile you may not be happy with the quality of music but for audio books it is great. For music I am more likely to use headset or speakers.
Update-it works for games too (not necessarily a good thing :))