Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 808 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 891 reviews
on May 31, 2012
I don't think Supernatural has fans. I think Supernatural has fanatics. The word "fan" implies that those who watch this show are passive. That they look forward to that one hour a week where they can escape and watch these boys fight what overwhelming "big bad" they are facing, turn off the TV set and then go about their daily lives. "Fanatic" is far more fitting for the followers of this show. We are obsessed. We read spoilers, we go to conventions, we write fan fiction, guess at plotlines, and emotionally invest in characters to the point where they become our family. This show has been on the air for SEVEN years and over those years there has been so much character and plot development that it has definitely paid off to be a fan. It is clear that the writers are smart because the consistently deliver succinct and intelligent writing and continue to move the show forward in a clear and sweeping development through Heaven and Hell, and now even Purgatory. The actors are talented, and can consistently deliver humor and heartbreak with rough raw emotion that makes the show feel realistic even if there are supernatural elements that could not happen in the real world.

A lot of people have complained about the last couple years, but I think Dean says it all in Season 4's "The Monster at the End of this Book"-"For fans they sure do complain a lot" People like to whine and complain about the last couple of seasons but at the end of the day if they aren't watching then they don't have anything to complain about and if they can complain about the plotlines of the seasons that they supposedly hate then they're still watching!

Each year there is a new surprise and new drama and new humor and the new greatness. I can't wait for Season 8 and all of the whiners will just have to continue to whine and I will continue to toss them up to representing the human condition. The show is constantly trying to out do itself, but in a realistic transition from it's own past, which is incredibly rare in a series and should be respected greatly.

Even after 7 years of being on the air, I continue to be invested in the characters and curious to how it will all turn out, not many long-running shows have the ability to keep you on the edge of your feet with perfect writing and a past that they are so aware of.

If you are not watching it. You should start.
44 comments| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2012
I have been an avid follower of Supernatural since season one. As such, I have seen the show's two main characters, Sam and Dean Winchester, face creatures ranging from demons to witches, from vampires to werewolves, from wraiths to tricksters, from roogaroos to angels, and SO much more. Needless to say, you would think with a show like this, especially one where the writers will only pull from legends that already exist, things would get old quickly. However, Supernatural has been running for seven seasons now, and each one has presented something new and exciting for viewers. This particular season presented a whole new breed of monster: the leviathon. And these monsters brought with them an entirely different set of rules.

I must admit that while there were a lot of things to love about this season, including the new monsters, the classic monster-of-the-week episodes a la seasons 1 & 2, the brotherly bonding moments between Sam and Dean, and the classic Supernatural humor that fans have come to know and love, there were also a few things to dislike about this season. The main two things that I had issues with this season were the loss of beloved characters and the fact that the leviathons' constant hunt for the boys drive them to ditch the Impala for the vast majority of the season.

Still, in spite of these two drawbacks, the show still managed to pull off another great season. And like they have always managed to do, they ended the season with a cliffhanger that leaves you wanting more. And I'm personally hoping that the "more" I get with season 8 rectifies my few issues with season 7 by bringing back our lost characters and reinstating the Impala to its rightful role: an appearance in EVERY episode!
on May 15, 2014
This season picked up with a bang, and it stayed that way. It was exciting to see more confrontation between characters, and there was a lot, and I do mean a lot, of references to Dick...Roman, anyway. You'll get it when you watch it.

I was sad to see a character go, but we see that things aren't always as it seems.
on February 22, 2013
I usually don't like scary { horror films , and such } but from the first day I saw this I was in love..When Kim Manners was writing and producing { he also had a hand in Charlies Angels the series } it had a very campy feel , with the demon / monster story bound to strike a cord of empathy or sympathy ,with a great mix of humor...We now own all seven of the series , but I did feel that with Manner's passing it left the series without a real direction since a new viewpoint was trying to be made { seasons 4-6 } It now is back on track , with I believe a new set of eyes and voice..Kudos to a great series..~!~
on March 15, 2017
Great show, high quality disks. . . Go for it!
on August 24, 2016
A perfect gift for my mom.
on March 5, 2017