Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services movienight movienight movienight  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 641 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 702 reviews
on August 26, 2011
I was actually a little shocked with the issues I had with the app. Normally most of the one star reviews are just morons bashing the app for no reason, incompetent people complaining because it didn't work on their device it stated it's not supposed to work on, or user-error based complaints... This time around, however, a lot of their complaints were actually legitimate. Now I still don't think it's a one star game, but it did have a few problems. First, let's focus on the positive though:

The [slide] controls work great. There's no lag, and you have no issue with blocking the screen. The graphics are pretty good too. Not top-of-the-line, but most definitely an upgrade from the original. It was also a nice flash back, and great that they didn't try to drastically change the game, but just presented the classic in all it's glory.

Now for the negative:

The music is obnoxious. At first it's kinda cute... but then as it plays over and over again, it starts to get annoying. Simple fix though; I strongly suggest you play with the sound off. As others mentioned, I too had sparatic froggy deaths while sitting on a log in the middle of the screen... I really couldn't figure out any reason why that made sense, and no, the time hadn't run out yet either. Another odd issue I had was while playing, the game randomly decided to launch a second copy of itself running in the background. Now I had the menu music playing over the in-game music, and it sounded horrible. After quitting my session, the other one was still running in the background. I had to go into application settings and manually kill it...

All-in-all though, it's still Frogger, it's still lots of fun when it's working perfectly, and it's still free (for the rest of today) so download it and check it out! Who knows, maybe you won't have the same issues
on August 26, 2011
I read all of the reviews before downloading and still did. Bad reviews due to operator error seem to be very popular with faotds and it's very unfair to the developers.

I have been very satisfied with any Feint game I've downloaded and this is no exception.

I was very happy to see that Frogger was todays faotd!

The controls work just as they should. Cutsey music and sound effects. This is a great little time wasting game that reminds me of my childhood.

Running on HTC Droid Incredible 1 & 2.

Thanks Amazon for this faotd!
on July 23, 2016
Love it
on February 17, 2016
ok
on February 4, 2013
A fun game for my son and my nieces to play. I would recommend to parents with children in the 8 to 11 age group
on August 26, 2011
I downloaded this despite the 2.5 star rating & I now understand why it has such terrible reviews.

Some will tell you that the 1 star ratings are just people complaining to complain; that there's nothing wrong with this game. The truth is, this game feels UNRESPONSIVE & playing gets FRUSTRATING pretty quickly. There is NO CONSISTANT FRAME RATE & the game gets LAGGY. Bottom line.

The controls by themselves are just dumb. Don't bother using "Tap" controls, because you can easily find yourself tapping just outside of the directional quadrant & frantically tapping to right yourself before you die. The "Swipe" controls are better, but still not great. You have to take your time between swipes, or the frog will not jump when you tell it to.

Frogger: Pretty good arcade game, but horrible mobile game/app.

PASS!
0Comment| 408 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 26, 2011
I was happy to see this classic as the free app, but even for a free app this sucks. The controls are bad, the game is slow, runs only in the portrait mode and add to that it malfunctions - even after I exited the game the background music kept going on and on...and I had to force close this. And why in the works does a game which had absolutely no need for GPS data need permissions to fine GPS access ??! Seedy, suspicious and badly made. STAY AWAY !!!
0Comment| 353 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 4, 2013
I purchased this app for my kids. This app doesn't work well. First of all, it is hard
to start a new game. Then once in a while we have a glitch and the game just shuts
down. Also, the actual game is hard to see once you're able to open it - is there a
way to make it bigger on the screen? I am not happy with this game, therefore
the 2 stars rating. I would not recommend for Kindle Fire HD users.
on March 26, 2013
I was in love with this game as a kid,and was so happy to find it again. Even though it was 99 cents, I couldn't pass it up. However, I made the mistake of not reading the reviews first. Awful investment, to say the least.

The game itself worked pretty well for me. The frog jumped on time, and where I told it to go, but the controls WERE awful. Don't even consider using the tap control, the joystick is really complicated, and the swipe is the best of the three, yet still horrible.

The app was terrible. It crashed ALL the time, and I only got the chance to play 2 full games because it kept crashing. My point is...don't buy this app unless you want to deal with the flaws. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but this app is just bad.
on December 28, 2011
I would have rated this game a zero if it had let me. I actually paid for the app and it doesn't even work on my kindle fire.
0Comment| 205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse