Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on December 19, 2012
Automatic watch means it doesn't need batteries, it doesn't need solar, it doesn't need winding, all it needs is movement which will cause a spring to wind via an internal pendulum. The spring has enough energy to last 24 hours easily. If you wear it daily it will be essentially maintenance free. If you let it sit for awhile and the spring fully unwinds, just wear it some more and it will wind up. You have to reset the time if you go for awhile without wearing it.

One nice thing, is if this is a watch you wear only for special occasions, you can let it sit for a year with zero ill effect such as a battery dying or a solar cell loosing its charge.

If you wear it every day though the pendulum is a moving part, and will rarely require some form of maintenance.. a dab of high-viscosity oil once every few years, which is easily applied by removing the back of the case.

A fully jeweled mechanical watch could service many decades (I have 60+ years old mechanical watches perfectly working). If I know the single fact, that it is just a matter of cleaning and oiling.

Hope that helps.
on March 27, 2014
This watch is as good looking in person as it is on this site. I bought this watch from Amazon and was very happy about my purchase at first. About 2 months later I somehow got moisture in the watch and for a while there was fog on the inside of the glass. I called Stuhrling customer service and they told me it would be around $20 to fix. I explained that I had not gotten the watch submerged in water, that the only contact with water was when I washed my hands. Seeing as this watch claims to be water resistant, I did not think this was acceptable.

The customer service at Stuhrling was not rude, but simply explained I would have to pay the fee no matter what. Long story short, I did not pay the $20 fee to have my watch fixed. Seeing as this watch was around $100, a 20% fee seemed a bit ridiculous to me.

I still occasionally wear this watch, the fog has gone away most of the time. When it is humid outside the fog returns. I have learned one very valuable lesson from this experience.

I will NEVER buy a Stuhrling product again though.

If they would have simply fixed the watch I would have written a fantastic review. Crazy how $20 was worth hurting their online reputation... I hope they really enjoy that extra $20 in their pocket...
on October 6, 2016
after two years still ticks!
on March 9, 2013
This watch is gorgeous! It arrived on time and as pictured, I'm usually not a fan of rubber watch bands but it really works for this one. It has a good weight to it as well, heavy enough to know that it's there but not too heavy like a diver. Very satisfied and would recommend.
on November 8, 2013
This is a beautiful and substantial feeling watch and, my god, it comes in a nice presentation box. So far, after a couple of weeks, it is running on time. I am anxious to test out the water resistant feature
on January 28, 2014
Watch is nice looking, You do have to wear it a lot to keep it running, Or wind it. the instructions were short and brief about winding. Smaller than Expected. Overall it's an OK watch.
on February 13, 2014
This is a cool watch. I really like it. Every time I'm in a restaurant or some kind of gathering, I've notice that people keep looking at my watch. It was a good choice for me.
on December 18, 2012
great looking and stylish. Large, easy to read face, orange background makes it easy to see the correct time .
on January 17, 2012
This watch is great. As stated in other reviews, it does run a bit fast, but it is easy to reset. I'm a fan of rubber straps, I didn't find it too cheesy as the other consumer did, but I know what he means - it is pretty flexible rubber, I'm used to sturdier bands. I have had it a week and have received numerous compliments on it. It is my first automatic watch and I find it stylish without being gaudy. I like the color combo, black and orange. I got a great deal - $61.80. I don't believe in spending more than $150 for a watch so this was a very economical buy - having had it for over a week, I would have readily paid double - and I got what I feel is a fantastic watch. I would buy this watch again and I will definitely look at Stuhrling when I want another timepiece.
on January 12, 2014
Well built, comfortable to wear, keeping accurate time, retro mechanics, modern look, easy to read, what's there not to like

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.