Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,035 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,479 reviews
on August 6, 2014
Unlike most people, I just play the COD MW campaigns, so I admit I'm only experiencing a small part of the COD universe. After having a ton of fun playing through MW and MW2, I picked up both MW3 and Black Ops used. For some reason, Black Ops wasn't all that appealing to me, so after a COD haitus, I've just dived into MW3.

Just as MW2 topped MW for awesome solo gameplay, MW3 raises the bar again - right from the start, the campaign is relentless but totally fun. I can only play this for short stretches, because the action never really lets up. Just like the earlier games, though, they make you eager to come back and continue the adventure.

The graphics on MW3 are better than they were in MW and MW2, and those games still look very good. COD also makes the best use of the vibration feature. Normally it seems like a gimmick so I just turn it off, but with MW3, it enhances the experience a lot.

Aside from the campaign, the additional game modes in "Special Ops" are the best of their kind yet, in my opinion. The goals and rewards make it worth coming back to.

The only thing missing is the earlier MW games had very nice tutorial modes for people new to COD - I always found those 'boot camp' modes to be pretty handy, and as far as I can tell, it was omitted from MW3.
on April 16, 2012
This is really 3.5 stars, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt.

I don't play the online multiplayer mode, so if you're like me and want the game to stand on its own, it does deliver in some respects.

I initially played the campaign and some of the survival maps but that really didn't do anything for me. It's a decent game, but MW2 it's definitely not. The Spec Ops in MW2 were awesome and I was hoping that they'd recaptured that same type of gameplay in MW3.

Turns out the global missions are similar. They're definitely not as creative or fun as the Spec Ops from MW2, but they are fun nonetheless. I've recently gone back and played some of the Spec Ops from MW2 to give myself a refresher and then tried MW3 again. While MW2 really stands out as a much better game, I did have fun playing MW3 and I'm continuing to play the global missions to complete all on veteran.

So, while the campaign wasn't great and the survivor missions are somewhat fun, the global missions are really the only thing that makes the game worth buying... and if you can get it for a good price and are missing the action that MW2 had to offer, MW3 is worth a play.

Oh, I also went back and tried Black Ops again... buying that game has to be the worst decision I ever made. There's nothing fun in the single player about that game and I couldn't even finish the campaign it was so bad.
on December 9, 2016
I bought this game for my brother, so he's going to be reviewing this product. This is what he says. (He's 10, by the way.)
"It runs smooth with little to no lag, and the game runs max graphics for our TV. The guns are super realistic. I've had four other Call of Duty games, but this one is my favorite by far. Overall, great game, and would totally recommend to any of my friends."
If you already have the first modern warfare game the you know the basic story of the series ,this will finally give us the confrontation between the two characters that we've been waiting for. The graphics and gameplay are phenomenal and the audio quality is great as you hear explosions and gunfire that actually make you believe you're in an actual warzone though without the threat of actually being in danger.The online gameplay is pretty much the same as with the previous games though with some added bonuses and levels obviously. So for fans of the series or just fans of FPS here's a great choice to add to your gaming library.
on September 23, 2016
Bought this expecting the English version, but received it in French. Luckily I can read French and play the game and get the gist of everything but I found this out too late to return the product.
review image
on July 13, 2012
Just to begin I've been playing the Modern Warfare series since COD 4 Modern Warfare(2007) i highly recommend you try the first 2 Modern Warfare's before buying this one.

*Campaign*
Infinity Ward did a great job with the campaign once again, IW doesent mess around when it comes to the campaign. You start out basically with an Ambush and the action just comes right at you, the sound and feeling of the game is marvelous. 60 Frames per second surely makes the game a master piece, and brings the location and firefights to life. As old as the IW Engine is it still does a pretty good job producing amazing graphics and details, the characters are of course amazing and you follow them and their stories until the end. I'm not going to spoil anything.

Mulitplayer
Modern Warfare 3's Multiplayer dissapointed me, the hype for the game overwhelmed me once again and i bought the game thinking IW is going to make a new MP experience. I was wrong, being a veteran of COD everything about the MW3 online experience was horrible. Guns unevenly powered, connection problems, and it seems like i was just playing MW2 with new maps and weapons. Now if you're new to the COD series you will enjoy the multiplayer but from a veterans point of view i cant stand this game. IW cant keep on releasing the same thing every year MP wise and expect people to continue buying it, i hope in the next COD IW does they change the MP in some way. Though Treyarch does a great job with multiplayer in Black Ops and World at War.

So overall Campaign gets a 5/5 from me almost felt like a Micheal Bay Movie
Multiplayer Gets a 2/5 from me cause I'm really tired of playing the same thing every year.
on December 23, 2011
The Visual aspect of COD excels in every category and I doubt one could ask for anything more. Activision did give more to the visual experience with their Color Blind Assist mode. Truly remarkable!

There isn't much more you could ask for in COD except ... and I realize I'll most likely suffer the wrath of the COD rabid here but, the only complaint I could see or in this case, hear was; nearly every weapon report is so poorly reflected in the audio that it takes away from what would otherwise be a phenomenal experience. I do not mean the volume of shooting, the amount of rounds you have or the number of explosions that you can cause, I am referring to the very weak audio realism of any given weapons' report.

The Audio experience is just simply weak in COD! The audio realism for every weapons' report is so poor that after a while of playing COD, I find myself ejecting it in and inserting Battlefield three just to get a more realistic sound. I can only imagine the weapon reports' realism in COD must have been curtailed by the games complexity or perhaps due to some political causation, who knows. If you want to hear a night and day difference between weapon report realism, one need not look any further than the superb audio realism from Battlefield three. On a scale of 1-10 for Weapon's report Audio realism; COD vs Battlefield would be; Cod=3 vs. Battlefield=10

The audio experience is equally important as the video experience and while the video in COD excels, the audio lacks severely.
on November 25, 2011
***Edit 4.7.2013 - Online review***

This ended up being a rant, so I ultimately kept it very short, since I kept finding myself really laying into the people who do "remarkably well" at this game - quickscopers, youtubers, etc.:

After playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 online and surprisingly ENJOYING it, I finally decided, for the first time since I bought COD: MW3 when it first came out, to play online a bit. My experience with online play with COD: MW3 is EXACTLY why I can't stand online gaming. It's impossible. Not fun. I'm sure I could play and play and play and eventually become to the point of being competitive, but any game you ever try to play where you last about 20 seconds, average MAYBE one kill to your 10 or 15 getting killed, and that is a game not worth supporting with your time or money.

Bottom-line with online gaming on this game: If you want to actually enjoy yourself and are not some person who has 100-200 extra hours a month to spend on online gaming, then there are better/easier/more fun games out there then this one. It has made me change my higher-star review to three-star.

***Original OFFline-only review:***

I am no more or less of a fan of the COD series then any others, I just like a good FPS game, so I'm just writing this from that mindset.

This game is fun, though I found it's another one of these where it seems like you're hiding from being completely killed as much as you are actually progressing forward. Also, there were too many parts where basically you could just make the game progress forward by running through a section rather than shooting guys. The storyline was epic as in the last one, though this time it seemed somehow less focused on the depth of things.

The single player campaign was interesting, but it felt like it was somehow more frantic then in the last game. Not faster-paced particularly, but where you didn't get very many chances to just look at the scenery (or maybe there just wasn't as much scenery this time). And it felt like you didn't really get into enough the overall over-arching storyline. A country's president gets kidnapped as well as someone close to them, but the reasoning is very cliche and you barely care. World War 3 is supposedly occurring due to a series of events, but they don't really truly delve into the full extent of what's happening around the globe.

BUT ultimately you are kept in the game by simply partaking in the action. And while parts of the storyline do feel a bit shallow, I think this game is much more about the characters I guess of Soap, Price, and Yuri, so that is I think more of what you're following. Basically it's like there's a chess game going on but while occasionally getting glimpses of the entire board you're mainly just looking at about three or four pieces.

The single player campaign is somewhat short, but longer then the shortest games out there. Definitely longer then Homefront or Medal of Honor.

The offline co-op missions are becoming frustratingly rare these days, so getting to play any type of game where you can actually have a buddy sitting next to you and play is great. There were two different types of these co-op games available - one where it was basically a survive against waves of different types of baddies who got progressively harder, and the other was a similar thing to COD:MW2 where you had set missions you needed to complete. And you can also do these as a single player, which I enjoyed doing on the survival missions.

Bottom-line: if you're a huge fan of COD games you've probably already bought this one. If you're like me and you're just a fan of well-made FPS regardless of the brand/series, this is still a fun one. I would simply say it's not as good as Modern Warfare 2, but I would also say it is worth getting.
on November 25, 2011
I decided to purchase this because I remember playing MW2 and had a lot of fun with it.

Looking back, I probably should of waited till the game went down in price before buying.

Some highlights of both campaign mode and Multi-player (Special ops not included)

Campaign:
-Continues the storyline from MW2.
-Lasts only about 6-8 hours of total time-spent as with the previous title.
-Take on the perspective of different story characters as you beat the game.

Multi-player:
- Elite service which adds a free and paid subscription service to show stats, player made movies and the ability to pick up DLC maps
- New play style options such as kill confirmed (requires picking up dog tags after killing an opponent)makes for more compelling game play
- New Perk system with kill streaks and death streaks.

Unfortunately, I didn't play special ops before writing this review and I might not even try it out as it doesn't seem to affect multi-play or the campaign mode at all.

The reason I only gave this game a 3 star review was despite the hype surrounding this new title, the game doesn't give a lot of replay value if you don't like to play multi-player. The first person shooter fanatics will love it, along with the prestige and other unlockables the game brings. (Despite it being exactly the same as with previous CoD titles); if you're only in for the story line, you'll be disappointed how fast you burn through the game and better off saving your money.

Even if you love the multi-player aspect of the game, the prestige system feels overused and tiresome as the only thing it gives you is a "shiny emblem" that shows not how much skill you have, but rather how much time you invested as any player who puts in enough effort cant reach level 10 prestige even if they are not good. It feels like a gimmick to prolong the life of the game as it gives players enough time to hit level 10 while they churn out the next 60 dollar game in a years time and you do the same exact thing all over again.

Lag also affects my enjoyability of the game for Multi-player, it's not constant but rather random and annoying, especially when you miss a kill cause the game decides to freeze on me during the spikes...causing either my death or a missed opportunity.

If they can bring something fresh and different to the series in both campaign and multi-player mode then it might get a higher review from me, but as it currently stands it feels like the same game with a different name.
on June 10, 2012
Fans will feel right at home. And when I say right at home, I don't mean that the fan or fans in question will be overtaken by a wave of nostalgia. I mean that the fan or fans will feel like a college graduate upon sauntering home, after four years of partying and plagiarism, to cross- armed parents who are constantly charged with chagrin every time their basement- dwelling graduate is mentioned in friendly conversations. What I mean is that the fan of the COD franchise will be making a return to the same old thing with much disappointment. But it's also comforting to know that a great game hasn't been tampered with. Whatever. Plus, This game is absolutely frustrating to play if your connection is sub- par. Yes, the online gameplay is predictable, but semi- refreshing. Yes, the shotguns aren't as powerful and yes, the maps are cramped with buildings that dampen the potency of airborne kill-streaks. And yes, it feels like Modern Warfare 2 without "stopping power." So on and so on. Blah, blah, blah. It's COD. What you've seen is what you get. Whatever. But I am giving this 5 stars because I personally enjoy this game. Don't let this review be the defining factor in whether or not you decide to spend forty bucks (or however much you're going to pay). If you want a more in- depth analysis, go ahead and type "Call of Duty" into Youtube.Com's search bar. I mean, it's fun to rack up kills, but it isn't fun to be killed ten times in a row. I've only played the campaign a bit, so I can't offer any opinions on it. Though, it looks really cool so far. I love that it starts in New York. Anyway. The game is fun (far better than Black Ops in my opinion).

Final thoughts:

If you've played MW2, you will love this game (more or less).

If you played Black Ops, the learning curve will be steeper (since Black Ops is vastly different from the COD franchise, in terms of how it handles and how it looks).

5 stars for me, personally.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.