Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 STEM Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,471 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,640 reviews
on January 23, 2016
I love this series so much! As soon as I completed watching the series, I immediately started from the beginning and watched it through again. I highly recommend it! Excellent actors, phenomenal story lines, each episode is unique and stands on it's own. I'm not typically pulled to this genre, I'm so sad that I didn't catch it when it was on air. They need to continue this series! Just have the crew bring Walter back. I would be so very happy!
All shows evolve and sometimes they evolve in ways that are popular with the fans challenging their preconceptions as to what the series is about and sometimes not. In the case of "Fringe: The Complete Fourth Season" producers and showrunners J.H. Wyman and Jeff Pinker decided to do something bold and radical--eliminate one of the characters for part of the fourth season.

SPOILERS:

Peter (Joshua Jackson)ceased to exist, or rather, died as a child once he had established the link between the two universes and provided stability. As a result the relationships and the events of the past three years are altered for Olivia Dunham (Anna Torv), Walter Bishop (John Noble--who still hasn't been nominated for an Emmy--REALY Emmy committee? Have you actually WATCHED his performances?)and Astrid (Jasika Nicole). The Fringe team now includes Lincoln Lee (Seth Gabel) on our side as the team struggles with visions and voices of Peter; it seems that he hasn't entirely been erased by September. Suddenly, Peter returns appearing out of nowhere as a man with no past, no present and no future who knows everybody but nobody knows him.

We also have an episode that flashes forward to the future where Baldos (or the Observers as they are really known)control our world after destroying THEIR future world. This flash forward also gives us the opportunity to see how the 13 episode fifth season may play out.

END OF SPOILERS:

The changes during the fourth season essentially allowed the producers to reboot the show recreating the series again and altering the dynamic of the series. Whether or not you enjoy the changes will depend on how invested you were in the previous three seasons but if you trust the producers/writers and give them a chance, you just might find a fourth season that is challenging and rewarding.

As with the previous seasons of "Fringe" the transfer is exceptionally good for the Blu-ray (I haven't seen the DVD so can't comment on it). Detail is remarkably sharp and we get improved depth as well as better definition particularly during dark sequences.

The lossless audio is presented in 5.1 and sounds marvelous.

I am a bit disappointed in the special features. "Fringe" has always had interesting commentary tracks unfortunately either due to budget constraints for this set or an oversight on the part of Warner Home Video, this set has no commentary tracks. Since these are often among the best of the special features (at least for me--giving new insight and making an episode "fresh" again), I'm a bit disappointed that the producers of this set didn't consider providing this option.

On the other hand we get a number of good featurettes on the series. "The Culture of Fringe" is a roundtable discussion featuring the producers of the show discussing the science of the show. We also get "Have You Seen Walter Lately?" which gathers some of the cast and crews' favorite moments from the show (it's essentially a clip featurette) as well as "A World Without Peter" which discusses the void left by Peter and how it impacted all the characters.

"The Observers" gives us some insight into the Baldos that occupy the world of Fringe. Star Joshua Jackson and the producers introduce "Beyond the Comic Book" discussing the creation of the "Beyond The Fringe: Peter and The Machine". We also get an digital excerpt from this title.

Finally we get the season gag reel as well as the option stream the series via Ultraviolet for laptops, etc. The deadline to use this option is September 2014.

I enjoyed the fourth season of "Fringe" and the risks that the producers took in eliminating a major character for the first third of the season. This altered the dynamics (not in a "massive" sense) of the show (for example Walter can't stand Nina in the new timeline and he rarely leaves his lab; Olivia was raised by Nina)but also allowed the possibility of exploring older characters in new ways.

If you haven't seen the fourth season yet give it a chance--it is DIFFERENT than what came before but, then again, each season has had its differences and that's what has kept the show (to me at least)vital and interesting.

Recommended.
on February 14, 2013
Well...Peter is gone..or is he? We revisit old cases in this Altered timeline, lovingly referred to as the "Amber" timeline, in which Peter was never saved, and we learn more about the Observer September..as well as an interesting surprise: a trip to Observer invaded 2036, and we meet Etta..all before we meet an old foe.
on June 5, 2015
Excellent story. I am constantly impressed by these actors portrayal of their slightly different characters in the different dimensions. Fun story. Needles in every episode, but no foul language. Enjoying the series.
on May 5, 2016
Awesome series. So disappointed it came to an end. Hopefully the movie will do it justice. Cross everything, they follow thru' with the promised movie... 😁
on March 1, 2017
Fringe is one of a kind!!
on March 22, 2017
i have binged this show completely through at least 5 times! It's a great show!
on September 12, 2012
Received promptly as expected and am quite pleased. Like all previous Fringe Blu-Rays, the picture and sound quality is excellent. This (as well as all the previous seasons) is a must for Fringe fans.
on November 29, 2012
For $9.99 this show was a steal. Also, the show is good! If you are a fan of Fringe, after following the cliff hanger or last season, not buying this is a crime.
on September 24, 2016
Great series, Bummed it is over.