Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Size: 7-Quart|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,876 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,038 reviews
on March 16, 2016
Read other critical reviews and know that while this is a great tool the lining pan is HORRIBLE. After taking great care to prevent scratches and bubbling as noted in other reviews the lining has started deteriorating and exposes corroding metal under!!!! When I wipe the surface after washing it leaves orange residue on the towel. I'm not risking the health of my family by steeping my food for 10 hours at a time in a rusty pot. I purchased this product in Oct '15 and within two months noticed this problem, of course after the return period had expired. I'm rarely disappointed by this brand but, sorry cuisinart, this slow cooker is a loser.
review image review image review image
66 comments| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 22, 2013
I'm a big fan of crockpots in concept, but I've really relegated them to things like soups and whatnot. I mean, if I was gonna have to break out the dutch oven to brown my roast, why wouldn't I just cook it in there? In just the few weeks since I've had this, I've made pot roast, roasted a chicken, steamed artichokes, made bread pudding, and of course, made soup. (I think it's the law, you have to make 15 bean soup or the crockpot patrol takes you away.) I even made bacon, just to see if it would work. (It did!)

I'll admit, I lost the directions almost as soon as I unpacked it. So, some of my usage has been trial and error, but praise Flying Spaghetti Monster, I haven't found a way to burn the house down with it. The user controls are pretty self explanatory. The outside of the container stays considerably cooler than any other similar cooker I've owned, which is wonderful. The quad rubber feet keep it stable and non-slippy on even slick counter-tops like marble. The interior pot cleans up easily. I have not tried to put it in a dishwasher, since non-stick surfaces and dishwashers are two things that do not go well together.

The only thing I can think that might be a problem for some people is the sheer size of this thing. It's massive. I love that, it's what I wanted, but if you have a tiny kitchen or limited storage, you may want to check the dimensions to make sure it fits where you will be storing it. Also make sure you keep the cardboard that wrapped around the rack, or some other soft item that can buffer the nonstick surface from the metal of the steamer rack while it's being stored, so you don't chip your surface. All in all, I'm pleased with this purchase, and would recommend it to anyone who needs a really large slow cooker.
0Comment| 574 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2013
For the first time ever, I have found an electric cooking device that actually operates as advertised. My dissatisfaction with numerous crock pot/slow cookers in the past has been two-fold. First and most importantly, I could never regulate the temperature on my previous cookers according to my needs. All settings seemed to be too hot and the setting choices allowed no discretion in actually finding a real temperature (rather than high or low.) My other, less important problem with these devices was that many of my recipes had to be started on the stove top before using the crock pot setting. Now, with this Cuisinart 4-Quart Multi-Cooker, I can actually control the cooking temperatures accurately and I can do all of what previously required a stove top and an extra pot or pan right in the slow cooker, itself.

I did test the cooking temperatures before putting real food into the pot and it was very accurate. At this point in time, I have used it for browning and then slow cooking one of those famous little Costco Pork Sirloin Tip roasts. It worked beautifully. Yesterday I made white bean and ham soup without pre-soaking the beans and let it sit for awhile on "warm" after it turned itself off using the timer. Worked perfectly.

The only thing the MSC-400 does not do that would make me even happier, is to allow it to be programmed for a certain amount of time at "high" and then automatically switch to a "low "setting" to finish cooking. For some reason I thought it could be programmed that way, but it cannot. I would have purchased the cooker anyway, and I really could not be more pleased with it.

Finally, i was a little concerned about whether I should get the 4 quart or the 6 quart and ultimately went with the 4 and it is just right for my needs. I think that It is a great size for a family of three or four.
22 comments| 516 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 19, 2016
I love this so much that I have given it a permanent spot on our counter. Being able to brown right in the pot opens up a whole new world of minimum-mess-cooking, as well as the steaming function. My husband loves coming home to homemade meals if he has to work late as keeping things warm on the "low" setting works really well! This product is very well made, the pots coating is excellent quality which makes for a super easy clean up. I was a bit skeptical before the first use if it's really going to work for a decent browning, but it browns PERFECT! An added plus is that when you do brown in this there is VERY LITTLE splattering in the surrounding area, if any. I opted for the 6 quart and it works out perfect for us. This will give you enough to have a complete meal for two people and save/freeze at least another two meals. I also love that it is rectangular and not oval, it fits different foods much better. Yet the slightly rounded corners make for easy cleaning. I can't say enough about this and it is for sure an appliance that I would not want to miss anymore!
review image review image
on November 5, 2015
Such a shame that a great idea can be so poorly executed. I am a faithful Cuisinart brand buyer(or was at least) but I have had two appliances recently that have let me down recently, this being the second. It does all that I want it to in steaming and searing and then slow cooking, even though the temperatures are lower than they state they are, but in the end if you can not turn the machine on you are out of luck.

The main issues. The Non stick surface is fragile despite my using of only non stick utensils. The steaming rack does rust which seems a pretty major problem considering its function. However the coup de grace is that the multi cooker decides to just not start. there is a little flicker behind the LCD panel, maybe a flash when you change outlets but no numbers. Judging from the other comments this is a story that has been repeated many times by others and I am not sure if i want to bother with packing and paying for shipping when all I will get is more of the same.
on February 25, 2017
Do you want the good news or the bad news first?

Let's get the bad news out of the way. Like many others have posted about this and the similar MSC-400, despite how much tender loving care you give to the nonstick pot insert, it looks like it WILL bubble and flake over time. We babied ours, never using anything but soft silicon tools with it, and hand washing it with nonabrasive sponges, and cooked with it probably no more than 15 times since we purchased it 7 months ago. Yet the dreaded bubbling has shown up in at least three places, and one chunk of nonstick surface has flaked off. Really unacceptable quality control at Cuisinart (or whatever Chinese OEM makes their pots). In case anyone at the company is reading this: If you want to solve this issue once and for all, and build nothing but good will among your customers, strongly consider licensing the nonstick material Scanpan uses on their products -- the stuff seems to be both effective and indestructible -- put it on your cooker pots, and replace any that have died horribly premature deaths from the weak, fragile coating you're using today (in fact, sue the hell out of whomever manufactures the junk for you if it is not up to spec). Three stars off for such poor quality.

The good news is that -- other than the above -- this slow cooker is the finest out of several we've had, but in terms of design as well as practicality. That it can brown is an outstanding feature, and essential for many recipes. Better yet, it does it well, allowing different browning-range temperatures. While it takes a little while to warm up to its maximum of 400F, it's very effective at browning (not searing) meats and vegetables prior to braising. It also seems to have an ideal Low setting, and its programmable and stay-warm functions work excellently. We've used it only for soups, stews, and the like, and not for steaming, but its range of temperatures and well-enough fitting lid look like it would perform well for that.

This would have been a five-star review but for the poor quality of an essential component of this product. While a replacement pot is available (at some cost), we're debating whether to spend about $60 for another 6 months of use, or just call the entire thing a failure and send it to the landfill. Really sad that Cuisinart released something that would have been superlative, but for a serious quality issue. I think there's a way to correct the problem, if they're willing to do so.
on June 10, 2016
After my old crock pot finally bit the dust I researched several and kept coming back to this one. I am very frugal and saw so many less expensive ones. I talked myself in to ordering this one and so glad I did. I made a huge batch of taco soup today. I loved being able to brown my hamburger and saute the onions and then being able to switch to the slow cook setting once all of the other ingredients were added. No more extra skillets and saute pans with this slow cooker. I also love the way the pan sits down into the base. The outward rim allows spills and boil overs to seep outside the cooker instead of between the pan and base. I purchased the 7 quart because I freeze huge batches of soups and sauces. If you love cooking the way that I do you will fall in love with this!! Order it!
review image
on February 24, 2017
I was so excited to receive this unit due to the saute/browning feature and functionality. Yes, there's a BUT! The coating on the non-stick insert is so thin that it will peel off and be in your food in no time. I ordered this and after two uses making simple things and using rubber or plastic spoons only...the coating was bubbling in several places and after the second use, the coating was gone in a small spot! I returned it and another was sent immediately. (Another BUT) The second slow cooker was used only ONE time on LOW for a pot of soup. I used a non-stick rated plastic spoon to stir before starting the cooking process. When I washed the insert, there were small scratches on the bottom from gentle stirring with an appropriate utensil!!! The coating must be faulty or applied so thinly by the CHINESE manufacturers that it simply will not hold up under gentle use. What will happen with someone who uses it "normally" or with possibly metal spoons? They will be eating the TEFLON coating!!! The concept for this cooker is excellent, but the manufacturing process is making Cuisinart look terrible! I expected much more from Cuisinart having many of their products and was willing to pay more for a slow cooker to get their brand and features. This unit and having to return it (twice) was a huge disappointment! This disproves the "you get what you pay for" theory of trying to buy the best! This unit is NOT the best. Now I have to worry since the second unit was a replacement and showed no cost...the return slip says ZERO refund. Amazon has always been good about standing behind their sales so I hope this will be a small thing to get corrected.
on November 22, 2016
I purchased this as my first slow cooker, and have used it twice so far. The first time I used it no trouble at all. The second time I used it, I slow cooked potatoes on high, stirring them with a wooden spoon. After removing the potatoes from the insert, the bottom inside the insert was horribly scratched. Using a wooden spoon should not leave these types of marks on a quality product. I have to assume that whatever surface treatment the insert has came off in my food. I plan to request a full refund with Amazon.
review image review image
on May 14, 2016
I always steam my ribs and finish them on the grill. It is always a huge mess and a lot of work. It was so easy to do on this crockpot and cleanup was easy. I finished them in the oven with barbecue sauce. Steamer function is awesome!
review image review image review image review image