Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 13, 2012
I took a chance - hoped that I wouldn't get one with a touch screen that did not respond at all, but after I first charged it up, I was disappointed. I could see the menu icons, but couldn't get any of the icons to respond to touch nor could I change to the second set of icons. I could connect to it with my computer and load more podcasts, etc, but the screen was totally unresponsive.

I was about ready to send it back, but decided to try the magic step - to reset the unit.

Reset - the usual paperclip into the reset hole. I did feel the reset button depress. I then turned it on again and now was able to get the screen to respond.

While to get the icons to respond means a firm press, to change from screen one to screen two it is a steady firm swipe on the screen from one side of screen to the other. (I was a bit confused as to whether I was just supposed to 'press' hard on the arrows icons pointing offscreen or to swipe the screen to change - and when nothing seemed to respond, it was impossible to figure out, of course.)

Now I can agree with the positive reviews. System is not super responsive, but it is as expected for the price. It does what is is supposed to do and is cute. While it has icons, it is not a system designed for people who are not used to typical issues in the logic within these small electronics. Nor is it easier for people who have poor eyesight. (I had purchased it hoping that I could use it for my mother (with early dementia as well as poor eyesight) to use. But while the icons are nice colorful things to press and easy to 'see', there are too many subsequent steps and choices each time to work through for someone who either doesn't see well or who is impatient and not adaptable.

(If I were designing this for my mother or someone like her, I'd put all choices in the settings, so that pressing the icons would just start that application running with the next item in its queue, and pressing the screen during running just gets to a forward or back arrow (to advance or go back) to next item. And the menu button on top to get to the icons again.)
8 people found this helpful
on December 12, 2011
To begin, let me explain that this was purchased as a gift for my 4-year-old.

I bought it with the intention of it being a miniature way for her to watch her videos (and thus leave my cell phone alone!) I have not tested out the ease of the mp3 portion, only the video. That's where it gets tricky.

You can only use AVI files of a certain size. While it is easy enough to add content to the player (drag and drop works just fine), making sure that your file is usable is the trick. There are several pieces of software that are on the internal drive of this player. After a failure on the first, I decided to try to download any number of free-ware (partly due to the fact that the 'converter' was only a trial edition!) Even though I was following the specifications included in the documentation, I would drag and drop only to get a 'format error' show up on the screen.

I was ready to leave a really negative review.

Finally I went through the tools on the player one more time and discovered one I'd missed. It's called mp4 tool, and it really DOES work with a practically one-click setup. Dragged and dropped and FINALLY got a workable file.

So do be prepared for some trial and error as you figure this out.

The interface on the screen seems pretty simple. I was a little disappointed to discover that even though the front screen is picture-driven, once you are in the video's folder the files are textual ... this is not a problem for me, but remember that this is a present for a four-year-old who does not know how to read yet. She picks her movies based on picture and graphics clues. I see a lot of "Mommy can you put (insert movie name here) on for me?" in my future.

I did not test this with the included earphones, because I didn't want to disentangle them before gifting this. I used a pair of dollar-store earbuds and the sound was okay. But please bear in mind I am not a huge audiophile who has to have the perfect surround sound and am satisfied with mediocre!

I will probably update this after my daughter has had it for a while to comment on durability.
35 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on December 1, 2012
The touch is not soft, you have to push and with the ALL VOLUME sound really really really low. I use this into the gym and the outside music sound harder than this. Its good like a mp4 but not like a walkman
on October 11, 2014
very poor quality for the money it works when it wants to!
on December 7, 2013
Nice payer, it does the job! I use it in my car instead of having a big bulking mp3 It one of my favorites
on June 1, 2015
Not in good conditions at All.
on July 25, 2016
It wouldn't even turn on. Contacted their customer service rep and they just passed me on to someone else. Very disappointed!
on January 2, 2013
I bought this for my mom for Christmas, who just recently joined a gym and started working out. It wanted to find an inexpensive MP3 player that was a clip on and had an am/fm player as well. This turned out to be a great gift for her and she loves it!!!
|0Comment|Report abuse
its a very low quality brand, expected much more than what i got. the screen broke and it was hard to play music continuously.
on July 11, 2012
Product shipped on time, everything that should've been in the box was. Battery life is terrible. I guess you get what you pay for.