Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 16, 2014
As there are other review that provide better details on the movies themselves, I'm not getting into it. I just wanted to clarify on the issue about them or some not playing in the US. I have a US Sony blu-ray player and all 5 movies played perfectly, so each disc is region free. Not sure why on some review says that some discs don't work, but just wanted to post this as I was a bit skeptic when I ordered this product and basically had my fingers crossed everytime I played each disc.
21 helpful votes
22 helpful votes
on March 19, 2017
This is another one of those great bargains I love to find on Amazon. It's four of the Coen Brothers' best early films sold together as a single set. Each movie comes in it's own case (probably the original individual blu-ray releases) within a simple sleeve, so you can store them together or separately if you need to.

It's really hard to go wrong with this set. It's basically $6.00 per individually packaged blu-ray of some the Coen's most critically acclaimed and entertaining films. There aren't a huge number of special features, but the ones they have are worthwhile, especially on "Miller's Crossing" and "Fargo".

If you're a hardcore Coen Brothers fan, you might already have these. But if you're a neophyte, this collection of four movies for the price of one is the best place to start.
on January 29, 2016
Hadn't ever seen Blood Simple before. It was in the noir vein of No Country For Old Men and truly great considering the resources available, and a damn fine film even without such consideration. The other three are all pure classics, and Miller's Crossing is actually my favorite gangster movie of all time. A great mix of early Coen brothers movies, and the digitalization process was very well done. The scenes that should be more vivid, are, and the scenes that belong to that analog look, keep it. Highly recommended from a big fan of the Brothers.
on October 16, 2017
They will not play in any of my DVD players. These DVD's are from the wrong region, when entered into DVD you get the message "Region error" worthless to me and now packaged is open and unreturnable.
on March 4, 2017
Although I bought this set strictly for Fargo and Raising Arizona I thought the other two were pretty good too. Nice price and cool looking case too!
on December 29, 2013
There are plenty of reviews already posted which describe the story line for each of these four movies. So no need to dwell upon that. The Coen Brothers write with a style like few others. Probably not for everyone. But if it happens to be a style which you enjoy, then stand by for some fantastic entertainment. I would easily compare the Coen Brothers to Quentin Tarantino in terms of writing, production and presentation. Not your everyday humor and, for sure, not the run of the mill violence. For example, Fargo is a crazy mix of a PG Movie with some very violent R Movie thrown in on top of it. I've seen more than one person leave the room during this movie. On the other hand, I have watched it time and time again. Upon each viewing I have come to appreciate more and more the way the movie is put together. Again, not for everyone, but....if it is your cup of tea, you will want a second cup.
on August 10, 2013
these 4 movies are really some of the best movies of the coen brothers I feel in love with the characters in Raising Arizona. You could feel his frustration and need to provide the best he could for his wife and child even if he was stolen. Fargo is just simple strange but yet belivable in a real fashion. the other 2 gave rise to suspense and drama that keep you pinned to you sit. Great movies all of them
on January 5, 2017
Great movies, but don't care too much for the DVD case. All 5 DVDs are in the same slot.
I've included a picture of the inside of the case.
5 stars for the movies
1 star for the case
review image
on November 28, 2013
There are two, oh, 4.7s here ("Simple" and "Miller's") and two 5-pluses, so the whole package easily rates a 5. "Raising Arizona" seems to be my all-time favorite "you love it or you hate it" feature films-- I thought it was an astounding piece of work, beautiful, heartfelt, and yes, excessive, a portrait of the criminal mind at its most delusional and sentimental. Friends whose opinions I respect hated it, mostly because they felt conned into caring about it-- but isn't that what skilled criminals do? Oddly, "Fargo" is somewhat its thematic opposite, a portrait of the law enforcement mind at its most doggedly determined. Both films are way up in my top 50.
on December 14, 2016
I have the four movies on DVD including Millers Crossing on Blu Ray and been meaning to buy this great collection for some time but something else would always come up till I saw Fargo Season 1 & now 2 on F X Channel thought ok four of the Coen Brothers best movies on Blu Ray are too good to pass up , very clever filmmaking .