Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dyson DC07, DC14 Purple Post-Motor HEPA Filter; Replaces Dyson DC-07, DC-14 Vacuum Part # 901420-02, 90142002, 921623-01, 92162301, 90142001, 901420-01; Designed & Engineered By Crucial Vacuum
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

on August 4, 2011
This is NOT an OEM Dyson part but it will do the job just fine. What IS a pain about saving some $$$ getting this vs the genuine part is that you'll have to peel off the rubber gasket off of the old one and glue it to either the vacuum housing along the lower lip or to the new filter to get a tight seal. I chose the former, using Goop to set the old gasket in place.
on September 24, 2012
My vacuum started to stink after several years of use. also noticed this "never looses suction" vacuum had lost a lot of its suction. I never knew there was ANOTHER filter located under the canister. this filter is the HEPA filter and is labeled as "non replaceable lifetime filter".... we that is not true, it will plug up, and DOES need to be replaced. once I did this, I was very happy! it was like having a new vacuum again! I am so happy I discovered this before running out and buying a new Dyson. (I do love this vacuum)
44 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2013
I have one of the original Dysons. It is about 13 years old and works so well I can't justify replacing it. The only problem I was noticing was that it smelled like the dog when I vacuumed. Changed this and the Pre-Filter and WOW! No smell whatsoever.
on April 14, 2012
nothing necessarily wrong with the product however you have to have the seal to use with it, thought it would come attached and did not, so I bought one with seal included for same price
on December 2, 2012
I have a DC14 Animal and kept smelling a dog odor everytime I vacuumed. Replaced the HEPA filter from Crucial Vacuum and the odor went away. Initially I was a little skeptical because the filter seemed like a fraction smaller than the original Dyson, but I haven't had any issues with it. Will continue to buy my replacement filters from Crucial Vacuum.
on February 10, 2016
This filter works perfectly! My vacuum cleaner was not getting very much suction so I bought this filter to replace it and now my vacuum works like new! I am so happy with this product. I was a little apprehensive to buy a filter that was not the Dyson brand but it is great.
on September 10, 2015
Forget what Dyson says about "lifetime" HEPA filter. You need to get one of these. After I replaced the factory filter and powered the unit on, there was a noticeable increase in the amount of suction that the unit generated. I always suspected the "lifetime" filter was too good to be true and now I have verified that these do indeed need to be replaced on a regular basis. Get one if you want to get your Dyson back to the dirt sucking monster it used to be when you first bought it.
on January 20, 2015
Exactly what it says it is, a replacement for the original post motor filter. We were trying to figure out why my 10 year old DC 07 wasn't vacuuming the floor. After some research, the post motor filter was one of the possible fixes. After replacing the post motor and cleaning the filtration cones, it works like new. Here's hoping for another 10 years on my Dyson.
on February 23, 2014
Some reviewers have reported the Crucial filter does not fit the "non Animal" DC07. I hunted this down, looked purple, claimed it fit the "Animal" DC07. It fit perfectly. It even came with the rubber gaskets. So if you have an older circa 2005 Purple Animal, this baby will do the job. Should last another 5-6 years with annual rinsing. The post motor Hepa filter reportedly does not need to washed as often as the pre motor hepa filter. But like anything else, some folks will say replace every 3 months. Mmmm.
on May 25, 2015
I was ready to buy a new Dyson as mine is 15 years old and not picking up well. When I went online, I saw that the filters should be replaced. I had never replaced mine! I replaced both filters - which was easy to do! My Dyson runs like a new vacuum. I then ordered filters for my adult children's sweepers. I changed their filters and they also said their Dysons are like new!