BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

on December 8, 2014
Who would have ever thought back in the 80's that this very popular cartoon would turn out to be one of the best sci-fi movie series of all time? I remember people saying when they first saw the trailers for this that they thought that it would be good but too cheesy. Do I have to say it? Good Lord, were they ever wrong! SPECIAL...EFFECTS....THAT WILL...BLOW...YOUR...MIND. I repeat: CGI that will destroy your brain! Be prepared to be blown away from the graphics, animation, and effects alone! I am 44 years old and I remember as a kid when Star Wars first was introduced in the 70's and how people were blown away by the effects. Battlestar Galactica was a good example in the TV category back then as well when it comes to "decades ahead of their time" technology. I went YEARS without feeling that sensation once Return of the Jedi left theaters. UNTIL this movie, Transformers, was introduced in the movie theaters. This movie kicked my rear end through the back wall! ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES EVER MADE REGARDLESS OF GENRE.
on January 4, 2016
Still LOVE this movie! If you have not seen this one, it is well worth the time to watch it. Of all of the Transformers reboot movies, this is still the best - it only went downhill from here in my personal opinion. The musical score for this movie is moving and adds to the overall feel of the movie, which brings Transformers into the real world in a way that is kind of humorous and as 'realistic' as the idea might get. Kids and I love watching this, even though we've seen it so many times.
on October 5, 2015
Good movie but it's as great as the other ones on this series that came before. Good but not as exciting as the other ones and this one tells on what happens to Optimus Prime when he thought he's all alone on his fight for the Auto-bot's acceptance and clamoring for much needed respect.
on November 20, 2013
Fans of the show and toys were at the edge of their seats waiting for this one! It didn't disappoint, so long as you understood that the Transformers wouldn't be the boxy robots of our youth, but rather a more wickedly-organic version meant to capture a more *realistic* tone. Would the 80's version have worked? Hmmm...

From the opening scene, with the backstory including the cube... I started my "What happened to Energon? Where is the Ark in all of this?" You simply have to take a very deep breath and remember you're watching a movie in the 00's, not a cartoon in the 80's.

It's an fun flick -- the kind you can re-watch, because the subtleties and twists are rare, but the action and story and characters are entertaining.

Funny thing, but I can't comment much on the extras. I remember there is an animated story to watch, but it's nothing special. This seems like the kind of flick that you'd spend hours watching the making-of featurettes...
on July 4, 2017
My son loved it, but I am not impressed with Amazon's 48 hours to finish watching. Ended up having to rent it twice because you know, sometimes life happens and you can't get back to a movie that quick. I'll probably rent from elsewhere next time.
on August 25, 2015
By far the best transformers film. If you have a boy and he wants to watch these, this Transformers of all the others is the most appropriate. Other than one or two parts where the talk is iffy, and Megan Fox is the obvious obnoxious sex symbol, its even ok to let kids watch. At least I let my six year old son watch it.....don't judge me. There's not a bunch of bloody violence either which is refreshing. There's a scene where the guys are spraying Bumblebee with this stuff and he's clearly suffering, but its short lived and he's a robot and if you have a boy they see this stuff in all the shows they watch.
on October 10, 2016
Love the Transformers movie i grew up watching Transformers as a kid, and always loved the idea of there being a motion picture about the series.
on May 30, 2012
What can I say, this was going for $12.50 at wal-mart, but only if you got the horrible sequel in the blu-ray pack. Lord knows I wasn't about to blow $20 bucks on the blu-ray because to me this movie ain't ( a I made a promise to my self, if it ain't the price of box office ( highest price where I live is $9,50 2D only.), I won't get it.) worth it. So I've looked at the hd dvd but didn't have the player and didn't want to shell out 50 buck but for 27 cent what the heck. So I bought this on the hd dvd format and was actually shocked at how great the picture was. Yes the movie was still stupid but the picture took my mind off it. So if you love this movie I say get the hd dvd you won't regret it, and the transfer to me looks better than most of the blu-ray in my collection ( and I used hdmi and component to compare them both, the hd dvd always out performed the blu-ray, pretty weird so doon't give the specs to me both are hd and will look identical to most. NOTE: Those who notice thing and don't like hd the robot look fake so don't get mad when you see this, its the hd.
on January 27, 2016
I was trying to build my Transformers Blu-Ray collection with the first one. Fortunately/Unfortunately they did not send me the first one. Great movie but wanted the first one first not "Dark of the Moon."
on December 29, 2016
The best film out of the entire Transformers series. While all of the latest Transformer movies are also filled with cool cars, huge action scenes, and lots of explosions, this original set the bar high with a richer storyline. A great film for the family to watch although there are a few moments where your kids might ask you "what does that mean". This is the transformers to watch.