Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 202 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 224 reviews
on January 15, 2016
I bought this after reading several review on it good and bad, but as most reviews they are peoples opinions that they so chose to say. lets just start by i have always liked Gerber products as the first Gerber knife i bought about 15 years ago is still remarkably in very good shape despite the abuse i have given it thru out the years. Now for this tool pack, i bought it to carry all the time like all my previous knifes i have owned. A multitool i think serves better that just a pocket knife in my opinion gives u way more opitions. The flash light i will say is ok for what it is. It is better than nothing in a pinch. The ferro rod worked on the very first strike when i tested it so A+ there. The only reason i gave it 4 stars was for the sheath it comes with. so instead of worrying about the rubber used to carry it and close the top, i made my own out of leather to carry all 3 to make sure it last me a good while. All in all its a very good product, Very happy so far.
on December 29, 2013
The multitool have all the items you might need out in the wild. The blades/tools slide out easily and locks. The rubber coating is nice, gives it a good grip in all condition. The fire tool gives nice hot sparks, works overtime. Comes with a rubberlike case, looks and feels like it can take a beating and survive. When the tool is packed into the case, I feel that the it holds everything in place and I don't worry about things falling off. However one big flaw with mine is that the mechanism to unlock the blades on one side doesn't work well. You have to pull/slide the level to unlock the blades, and this is very hard to do. I have tried putting oil, grease but it is still not easy. I think it is a problem with design or workmanship. Minus 2 stars.
on January 6, 2015
You get a lot of the money. My son is a step from Eagle Scout and we have been loading him up with hiking/camping equipment. He has a basic Swiss Army knife, but really needed one with more tools. Critical for him was a good knife blade (this has an excellent blade!), a saw (a very good saw blade too!), opener (cans and bottles!) and basic tools (pliers, cutter, screw drivers)... all included. The bonus is the fire starter (large and works well!) and decent emergency LED light. The case/holder is tight fitting, so little chance of tools dropping out accidental. The multi-tool has a rubberized finish, which we have found out is very nice when fishing... much better grip! Only complaint so far is the all the tools lock in place and the release is a little tough to engage. In all, a very good price for a good multi-tool! with or with-out the BG branding.
on November 22, 2015
I rated this a 3 out of 5 because, as a multitool, it's very outdated. There are better tool designs available that give the user one-hand open/close access to multiple blades/tools. As a survival tool, I would think instant access to vital tools would be imperative. If you need to stop where you are and fish out the tools or unlock and close them again, you could be wasting valuable time. I think that the BG signature orange plastic with gray rubber overmould handle & sheath does add comfort & a sure grip, yet I'm not confident in it's long-term durability. The tiny single-LED flashlight and firestarter are nice add-ons to the sheath. Once the grippy gray rubber breaks down, the flashlight will be lost easily, I'm sure. I got a great deal, so I'm happy about that. The BG Survival Tool Pack is good if you can get a low price. The set up is a good value, but apart from the sheath and it's components, and the grippy soft handle, there is no real innovation.
on September 22, 2013
To be frank, If I had nothing on me but this in the wild... Id be set.
Multitool is sturdy all attachments are solid, rigid and Razor sharp. best features all the bear series gear is that rubber grips that comes with the products. Ives used this tool on my engine, tubes, after exposure to water and have yet to have it slip. few other multitools can offer that.
The flashlight is bright small enough to carry in your pocket (movies, fitting in small crevices etc).
The Fire striker is phenomenal. ive tested several other fire makers- magnesium bars, piston driven, etc and none have been able to light tinder on the first strike.... controlled forwards spark instead of "firework" spread.
Im an avid hiker and will NEVER leave home without this setup.
Beautiful compliment with the bear grylls ultimate knife pro and hatchet,
the case is extremely durable and will drain water. the holster for the items snap in for added closure.
YES the holsters fits on a chest rig and plate carrier loops.
on October 4, 2015
Awesome as always bear Grylls does it again. my kids hero and a goto for birthday and christmas gifts. you will never go wrong getting boys/girls, men/women any of bear Grylls stuff. this kit is hard to find and out of stock so if you read this better click add to cart before they are gone. Funny thing we went camping. my 7 year old boy had this on his belt. When we went to start the fire..he handed it to me. as it was dark and we needed a light to find the flash light. then we were missing the tools to get hot water off of camp fire. my boy whipped out his multi tool pliers and i used them to remove the pot. Then the tent pole got stuck and i borrowed the tool again to pull it out. Then the next morning the dew ruined our matches my boy handed me the fire starter so i started the camp fire with this. You can never go wrong with these. I got 4 more for all my kids. they have them by there beds.
on September 7, 2015
I bought this mostly because I was tired of all the nylon cases wearing out on other multitools I'd bought, and it was a great decision. the case is really rugged, and it's nice that you can unhook the strap so you don't have to pull your belt off to get the case, just unhook the strap on the case itself. The multitool itself is easily the best I've ever used. I'm a big fan of the grips and the tools are sturdier than the ones I've had in the past. Flashlight and fire-starter are nice to have in a pinch.

TWO NEGATIVES: Only one strap, so I can't turn it on its side like I'd like to when I wear it on my belt. If you intend to wear it on your belt and cover it with your shirt the case will tend to poke at you when you set down. It's a minor annoyance, and not enough to knock it down a star for me.
on May 5, 2014
Since I haven't actually had to use this for anything, not being in any emergencies of late, I can really just say it seems like a great tool after checking out all its parts and reading the guide. Many more experienced and knowledgeable others have written reviews thoroughly describing the many tools and I ask that you see those for more details about that. From my inexperienced view, the only things wrong with this tool is that there isn't anywhere to carry the pocket guide, and the guide is made out of paper. It's the nice, slightly more durable glossy paper, but it'll still be easily ruined by water, fire, overuse, or age. Being inexperienced with emergencies, the guide would be pretty important to a person like me. I just put this tool in my car, so I was able to stick the guide into the belt loop, but that wouldn't work if I was using said belt loop.

The only other thing I will mention is the case fits extremely tight. At first I thought it was annoying because I could barely get the thing into its own case, but it would probably be an important and good thing if you were carrying this around on a belt or rope where the tool was in danger of falling out of its case.
on November 18, 2015
I bought this about a year ago (December 2014). The multitool, firestarter and the torch was doing fine but the rubber strap (also the flap) of the sheathe just broke for no apparent reason. I have left it unused for 3-4 month on the shelf. Today I picked it up for some reason and found out that single strip of rubber that makes the strap and the flap is broken into pieces (around the loop area where the rubber is attached to the Plastic sheathe). Probably the rubber became hard staying unused for long time and the tension of the loop caused it to break.

I am not sure what to do or is there any replacement policy for the sheathe.
on February 23, 2016
This is the best I've ever owned. I have this multi tool to a lot of use. Hard to sharpen the blade. Saw on the tool retains all lot of sawdust, have to clean it often. You can get a pretty firm grip on this tool. Overall I will buy it again. Plastic case, flash light and the fire starter are just perfect. No room to store the survival booklet which came with it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.