Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on January 27, 2013
This is the SMALL bowl. It is still a nice size for the price and we decided to keep it but be aware it holds 11-12 ounces by my measuring. The items were packaged very well and I love fiesta ware. Colors bright and I mix and match all my fiesta for a colorful table.
on February 27, 2013
I love my fiesta ware! It is very durable and looks great. I ordered this small bowl to go with the rest of my dishes. However, the color of this marigold seems to be a lot more brown than my other marigold pieces, the off color is why I gave the piece 4 stars instead of 5. I have a variety of colors so this one not being a true marigold really just blinds right into my set. However, if I had purchased this to be part of a collection that is all the same color, I would be highly peeved.
on February 28, 2012
These bowls are a good size for servings not small enough for the 6 1/4 fruit dish or big enough for the 19 ounce regular bowl. I use them often for small salads, side servings of runny vegetables like lima beans or greens, and cold foods I don't want to put on the plate with hot foods (like Jello).

Yesterday, I was carrying a plate, a glass, and one of these bowls in one hand and the vacuum cleaner with the other. Naturally, I dropped the glass and this bowl. The glass shattered on our slate floors. I don't know if I kicked this bowl with my foot to break its fall, but I saw it hit the floor and thought There it goes (expletive deleted). This little champ didn't break! I'm a big Fiesta fan, but even I was amazed at the non-breakage. I've never seen ANY dish survive a fall onto our stone floors.
on August 23, 2012
The only thing that threw me with this bowl, was that I expected a yellow marigold color. What I got was a pale orange. Since I was getting an assortment of colors I kept it anyhow, but I really wanted the yellow shown in the picture.
on December 21, 2012
This is a bright, beautiful bowl and I love it! The color in the photo here is not quite right. It's mostly yellow but with more orange than this shows--a very bright, slightly orangey yellow, very cheerful. I think it really looks like the actual color of calendula flowers (pot marigold) if you have seen those in person. The design is beautiful and it feels good to hold. It's a nice size for yogurt and fruit or for a smallish portion of soup (14.25 oz at the rim). I think it would be fine for cereal but I noticed other reviewers on a page with different colors of this bowl complaining it's too small for cereal and soup, and the medium bowl might be better for that. I got this as a lightning deal on amazon for 4.50; it's 6.99 direct from the factory. I've been reading loads of Fiesta reviews lately because I'm buying new dishes and I noticed that many reviews on amazon complain that their items were poorly packed and arrived broken, or they had large flaws and were seconds. I think that may be most likely to happen if you order from a non-amazon seller through amazon. Mine was well-packaged and perfect. Look for the item description to say "Ships from amd sold by amazon.com" at the top of the page near the price and picture. Also, a lot of the Fiesta items are priced much, much higher on amazon so I would recommend comparing the price to that of the factory--you can order directly from them if you google Homer Laughlin Fiesta. All the Fiesta they are making now is lead- and cadmium-free. Also, it's union made in the U.S.A. (West Virginia).
on October 3, 2012
There's not a lot that can be said about a bowl. I bought a new set of stoneware (not Fiesta) and needed some smaller bowls. The color in this bowl worked well with my dishes so I purchased four of them. They are of a good quality but I think Fiesta ware is very overpriced and these Marigold ones were the least expensive!

After purchasing these, I found some similar bowls locally and they were less than half the price of the Fiesta bowls. I kept the Fiesta bowls anyway because they do go well with my stoneware.
on October 20, 2011
Very pleased with this purchase adding to my collection. I love this marigold color. All the fiestaware colors make a fun and colorful setting.
on May 16, 2012
We added this piece to our fiesta collection (is it technically a collection if you use it on a daily basis?) Lovely color, the photos here aren't the true color it is a bit darker and more vibrant. I also had some lovely salsa from this bowl the other night, and the lovely marigold color just added to the experience. highly recommend.
on September 23, 2012
This is a nice little bowl. It is slightly more shallow than I expected, but good for cereal in the morning(especially if you are trying to portion) or ice cream at night. It's a nice color as well.
on December 4, 2013
Great bowl I want to use again and again. Withstands the microwave, the dishwasher, dropping on the ground. It's the perfect size to microwave a small snack or for cereal or any other snack.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.