Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

VINE VOICEon October 2, 2017
The most powerful and capable weather app I've ever used! Might be the most customize-able Android app of any kind that I've ever used. But be forewarned - it will take a bit of time and effort on your part to learn how to use it in order to get the most from it.

You can start with the owner's website where there is a FAQ and a link to the Google+ forum. Then I recommend that you just bring up the side-screen settings menu and walk through all the many options to see what's available. Then, long-press on each of the bottom menu entries because there are lots more options there for the types of screens you want to display. If you have a question or an issue, the developer is active and responsive via the in-app contact or the G+ forum.

For me, one of eWeather's most useful features is that it can put all sorts of information into the Android status bar if I want it to. Temperature, Feels Like Temperature, Sky (i.e. clear, cloudy, etc) and so on. I can have others appear or not based on their values. If winds are over an amount of my choosing, if the barometer will change more than a certain amount over the next n hours, and so on. As many as I want, not just one like other weather apps. I don't even have to open the app to get a quick update!

For the US, there are 2 weather info providers available: Intellicast and Foreca. Both are, I think, well-established and reputable. As luck would have it, I'd been using Intellicast on my desktop before I ever heard of this app, so I was pleased to discover it there.

I've been playing with eWeather HD for more than 2 weeks and I'm still finding new features! It's one of the few pay-for apps on my phone and I love it!
on October 15, 2015
This is my favorite all-time weather app; I have it on all my Android devices and was delighted to see it in the Kindle store. It will give you hourly or daily forecasts for specific weather factors you may be interested in (I care about humidity because of a hobby that involves painting). The radar map is very quick to load. The app is easy to customize, and you can cycle through multiple locations. Plus, in my experience, the forecasts are more reliable than the local news forecasts.
on March 15, 2017
I have been using this app for many years. I own the iOS, Google play and now the Kindle versions. I can't live without it.

I tried over 30 weather apps before settling on this wonderful app. I highly Recommend it.
on April 10, 2016
I found this app to be kind of intimidating at first, but it's awesome!! THE best feature, it's that you can choose soooo many options! Little information, extensive information, whatever you'd like! This is, by far, the best weather app I have ever found.
on August 21, 2012
I like this much better than Accuweather. If you're thinking, "I already have Accuweather, I don't need another weather app," order this one and you'll quickly kick AccuWeather to the curb. The depth and breadth of this app leave Accuweather in the dust, and edge out even Weatherbug.

There is, however, one major problem: using the widget on my Home screen absolutely killed my battery life. Where I used to go to sleep with a fully charged phone and wake up with about 75% of batttery remaining--the night after I installed this app and placed the widget on my home screen, my battery went from being at about 80% around bedtime to being GONE by around 5 in the morning. So some work is needed on the widget to make sure it only syncs up at the selected interval (once every 30 minutes works fine for me) so it doesn't drain the battery.

That problem aside, this app rocks...if the widgets didn't suck my battery dry I'd have given this five stars, no question.
on September 8, 2011
I've gotten to the point that I don't expect much from the faotd, but I love this weather app! It's got a lot of customization features, I can choose between classic, symbol, and photo icons; when I modify the primary location (click the ... button) I can choose static position, cell location only, or using gps and cell location; I can also choose measurements that I prefer to use.

This app even gives me measurements and information that I'd never expect, I've never seen a weather app with earthquake information before, it lists where the earthquake was, the strength, and tells me how many miles from me it is (which can be adjusted to only show earthquakes within a limited range). I'm quite surprised that minor earthquakes are so common.

Unlike most weather apps I've tried so far, this gives me more of the information that I'm looking for; such as radar, rain chance, and forecast without having to navigate to the website. Really love that clock too, I've never seen anything like that before.

All of that being said, I wish the app was prettier, give it some beautiful animations similar to what came stock on my HTC sensation, and this will become my main weather widget.
on January 30, 2013
If you're a meteorology-geek like me, you'll love this app! It shows all kinds of weather-related data in a very visually-appealing manner. On the main screen you see a 'clockface' with the current time, as well pictures illustrating the forecast conditions for the next 12 hours (sunny, snowing, partly cloudy, etc). Other areas of the screen show barometric pressure for the last 24 hrs, moon phases, sunrise/sunset times, wind, hourly forecasted temps, etc. Tabs will show earthquakes around the world, radar maps, weather alerts, and more. I access this app daily. Check it out in the app store!
on August 28, 2017
Love it so far! Tells you a lot about the weather!
on October 6, 2015
Still not as good as getting weather from weather.gov (NOAA) but it is a lot more convenient. Sometimes the forecast deviates from NOAA predictions, but most of the time it's not far off. The widgets are nice and very configurable. The interface is easy to use and to personalize. The best weather app I've used so far.
11 comment|Report abuse
on November 8, 2011
I've never posted a review of anything, but because I love this app so much I decided I should. I used to love weatherbug because of its great alerts feature and radar, but when I saw this for the APP of the DAY, I considered getting it. I read the reviews and came very close to not downloading because of complaints of crashing and freezing, but it was free so I knew I could uninstall if it didnt work, and not lose any money. I had one minor problem after install that I was able to fix after reading another review, thanks BTW.
I LOVE THIS APP!!! It does everything weatherbug and accuweather did and then some! Plus it does all the regular stuff so much better! Some weather apps have problems locating my zip code because I live in a small town; however, Elecont found it with no problem. I hope somebody who is interested in getting the app will read my review; disregard the negative ones, and get it. I'm glad I got this when it was App of the Day, since I'm cheap, but knowing what I know now this app is worth the charge.