Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Word Quest
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

VINE VOICEon July 12, 2011
I've liked several programs by Compulab (Calendar,Peg Solitaire), so i thought I'd check out this one.

It's a fairly standard word search puzzle. In each, use the 5-way locator to pick the first and last letter of a word. That word is then circled, and crossed off the list.

There are 10 each of Casual (12x12), Apprentice (13x13), Pro (14x14), Expert (15x15), and Masters (16x16) level, for 50 puzzles in all.

Interestingly, you can reset a puzzle -- it will have the same words, but they will be in different locations.

Recommended for those that like word search puzzles.
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2011
I love this game for my kindle. It is a great way to kill time when I am waiting in line or having wait at the doctor's office. I would recommend this game to anyone who is really into word search puzzles.
on October 3, 2011
I was so happy that they made this game for the kindle. I play it a lot and love word games especially when I'm in a waiting room somewhere or have some have extra time.
on October 12, 2011
Even though I bought this for me, when my Great Granddaughter is with me, she does most of the puzzles before I even get to look at them. It is great for her when I have to take her places with me and she has to sit and wait patiently for me. This keeps her occupied and quiet the whole time. Wonderful babysitter and great for me when I get the chance to use it. I have noticed that it also sharpens her ability to find things more quickly. In a way, it is a great learning tool for her.
on September 9, 2011
The puzzle "U.S. States" contains territories which are not states. I like the themes of the puzzles and rising difficulty but I dislike the way found words are circled with light lines. I prefer the bold line through them done in other games. I feel that I am getting my money's worth in entertainment so I do recommend it, but with the caution that it will misinform you if you don't know your basics about the U.S.
Word Quest is a fantastic word search game that offers a very large level of variety, There are 5 different levels of word search games. There are 12 by 12,13 by 13,14 by 14,15 by 15,and 16 by 16 word searches. But the beauty of this game is the variety of themes it offers. Each of the 5 levels has 10 different themes you can choose from so that you have a total of 50 themes to choose from. On the game's home screen you see a menu of the 5 levels to choose from. Once you touch a level to choose it yiu then are presented with a screen of 1o themes you can choose from for that level. Once you touch a theme to select it a game board appears. Words may be horizontal,vertical,or diagonal and may appear backwards. At the bottom of the screen will be a list of all the words that are hidden in the board. When you find a word you circle it by touching the 1st and last letter of the word in either order. (If the 2nd letter you touch would not produce a correct word then your mark on the 1st letter you touch just disappears.) When you have circled all words on the board a box will pop up informing you of your time and if it is your fastest time for that theme it will tell you that too. Then you have menu options to restart the same puzzle or to create a new puzzle using the same theme. Also when you are in puzzle you can touch the X near the top right of the puzzle to close the puzzle and return to the theme menu and when you are in a theme menu you can touch the X near the top right to close that theme menu and return to the levels menu. While the game itself is a pretty typical word search game the thing that makes Word Quest so awesome is the variety of themes it offers. This variety of themes makes this game really fun and interesting. 5 out of 5 stars for offering such a variety of themes. :)
on July 20, 2012
It's the 2nd app I've played from Compulab (first one was Peg Solitaire). The UI is the same, but here you have classic word search game.

What I like:
1. Looks and plays very good on Kindle Touch.
2. Puzzle screen is clear and simple.
3. A good variety of challenges.
4. If you do not like (or want change) - there is "Create New Puzzle" option which will shuffle the letters with the same set of words.

What I would like to see improved:
1. There are 50 puzzles split into 5 categories. There should be much more challenges for paid app.
2. Playing on Kindle Touch is not intuitive - I want to highlight word by simple press-n-drag gesture, but instead I need to tap on first letter and than on the last one.
3. App does not remembers my last played puzzle. I.e. after I close app on some puzzle and launch app again - there is main menu screen instead of last viewed puzzle. It takes time to find last played puzzle or even it's not possible to remember what puzzle you have solved...
4. Tips on each page are quite annoying.
5. Would like to have timer on puzzle screen, while the spent time is tracking on the lists.
6. Hints system could be more advanced - currently it shows first letter of the word.

Note: you can play app on Kindle, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle DX and Kindle (2nd Generation) devices.

In overall - nice implementation of classic word search game with interesting "Create New Puzzle" twist.
on April 30, 2013
This is another of the good word games for the Kindle. I love having something fun to do on those times when I find myself sitting in the doctor's office and am next to "the professional doctor's visitor." You know ... the ones who want to tell you all about all the ailments they've had for the last umpteen years. These word games are fun, cheap, and you can redo them because there are so many of them in the program. I really do enjoy this!
on March 12, 2013
I purchased this puzzle book prior to a lengthy flight, hopefully giving me something else besides uninteresting magazines or movies I really don't care to watch. I found that the puzzles in this book did indeed kill a major portion of time on my flight and was enjoyable to work through.
on August 4, 2012
I have greatly enjoyed passing the time playing this word game on my Kindle. I have the cheapest Kindle and it is even easy to play on it. The only thing i wish is that the lines circling the words were darker as they are sometimes difficult to see. Great fun for the price, can't beat it!