Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 330 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 357 reviews
on August 21, 2016
After having my puppy about 6 weeks, he figured out how to jump over the top. (12 weeks old, 2.8 lb Pom) I really loved this pen, but had to figure out how to keep him in it. After a little brainstorming I took a trip to the store and purchased 2 yards of fleece fabric for $10 and proceeded to make a top for his pen by cutting strips around the edge of the fleece and tying it around the top of the pen.....so far, so good.
review image
44 comments| 299 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Enthusiast: Petson May 4, 2016
We purchased the IRIS containment pen for our pug puppy. We then purchased these add on panels to help keep our puppy safe around our home, especially by our staircase. He can fit his body a little too far between the spindles and I am not taking any chances with our little guy.
We also purchased the add on panels to use as a gate to keep him inside a room if needed. You can easily move them around. I have taken a few pics to show how we have them around our staircase spindles.
The beauty of these add on panels is that you can add as many as you want. You can configure it any way you want with the easy to use connector poles.
Ps-the photos show bungee cords to attach to spindles because I may be a bit overly cautious.
I also used a weight (blue 8lb object in pic) to keep the gate closed at the top of the stairs.
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 1, 2012
I love the pen, and the original size was fine when our puppy was first brought home at 8 weeks old and only about 5 lbs., he has doubled in size and needed more room so I ordered the extra panels to enlarge the pen. The size is great but the sides become flimsy when attaching the extra panels, the puppy does jump on the sides when he's excited to see us. I had to make a crossbar out of wood for the center of the pen, it sits across the top, I screwed 2 shorter pcs. onto each end so they hold the sides in place and then zip-tied them to the sides. It works great and gives it the support and stability it needs, I just wish there were a metal bar made for this purpose when expanding the pen.
I also use this pen on carpeting and to protect it I purchased the foam interlocking flooring that is used for playrooms, gyms etc. I cut it to size and then tiled the smooth side of it with vinyl self stick tiles. It looks great and the self made floor keeps the pen square and protects the carpeting beneath. It is easy to keep clean, when I expanded the pen I just made another flooring section for it.
on May 27, 2017
I absolutely love these panels I purchased for when my chihuahua had puppies I used it inside and as they got more mobile I purchased more panels I have 10 panels now and I have made a play yard outside my front door on my carport so there are about to run and be safe I plan on purchasing many more in the future and for those who question the stability I've never had a problem with it when you're putting it straight just bend where you connect them a little bit and it'll be perfectly strong.
review image
on January 11, 2016
I don't own the containment pen, but ordered these two panels to put up when I don't want my puppy to get on the stairs or in a certain room I'm vacuuming. They are extra wide, hinged together, and perfect to just set up anywhere. I use a couple of four-pound weights to hold the sides against a wall. Note, my puppy is only 4 lbs. and won't get much bigger, so he can't move it and doesn't really try. This works for me and I don't have to permanently install anything to my walls.
on August 24, 2014
so glad I bought the original pen..but puppy growing fast so I bought the extensions as he will be in playpen quite a few months. They do have a weak area in the middle once you add the length. So, I cabled tied some pvc pipe across that area and it is stronger now. I would not recommend for a large dog that could easily get over it..But a puppy or small dog this is perfect. His trainer liked it so much she took a photo to show other clients. Much better than a crate all day long. He has his puppy litter box, his food, his Lix it..a soft bed and his toys in there. Plenty of room for him to strectch out. At night he shifts sleeping positions all over the pen...
on January 6, 2017
I purchased this to contain our new Boston Terrier puppy who is on the small side. At the time of purchase, he was only about 9 weeks old. I placed the pen on top of a folded blanket as I have tile floors which are cold and he is very content to be in there with his toys. When he gets over-tired from playing outside the pen, we place him in there and he falls right asleep. He knows that is his place to sleep and play when no one is home or if it is time for him to chill out. I bought the material 'roof' as well but in time he began to nibble on the Velcro so I don't use it much any more. The puppy is now almost 6 months and he knows that if it is bed time or if he is being 'bad' that he is going to his pen. He is about 13 lbs now and the vet says he may get to 18-20 lbs. I hope he doesn't try to jump over it when he gets to that size. If he does, I may purchase the taller version.
on December 24, 2013
Once I added these panels to make the CI-604 pen larger, it made the entire enlarged pen very, very flimsy. I tried using straps to tie around each corner, but it didn't do much. Any medium or larger dogs will could definitely tip this pen over. It would probably be fine for newborn toy or small breed puppies. The Mfr. definitely needs to consider providing some type of support bars/rods to run across the top and bottom in order to stabilize it. I will be returning this item as it is a faulty product.
on February 19, 2017
when I first got it, I thought it was wonderful. It worked great for my 8 1.5 lb week old miniture dachsund . By 10 weeks she learned to climb out of it. It is built like a cross fence and she can easily climb out. It needs to be built like a picket fence so she has nothing to grab on to climb up and out. And of course she learned to climb out one day after the time limit was up to send it back.
on June 1, 2016
use these in so many ways for my puppies as their playpen area but also as room dividers to keep them in the kitchen area as they age. love that I can also use them outside to section off potty areas and they don't rust like the metal ones. Also having shorter sides allows me easy access to change the training pads without having to walk through the cage area. love these and ordered 4 more sets of the sides to use in multiple settings

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.