Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services GimmeDanger GimmeDanger GimmeDanger  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Elton John Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Color: White|Style: 2 Panel Add On|Change

Showing 1-10 of 4,793 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,096 reviews
on January 22, 2015
Our Maltese weighs in at about 12 pounds - he's something of a bruiser. We occasionally need to leave him at home for short periods of time and Sam has separation anxiety - he scratches doors and door mouldings if we leave him loose. We got one of these 4 panel pens instead of locking him up in a crate and thought we'd found the perfect solution, but after a few times left in the pen Sam learned how to push on the corner causing the pen to change from a square to a slim diamond shape. Twice he got pinned in the diamond and once he succeeded in tipping it over and crawling out from underneath. We then had to block the pen in with some fairly heavy items so he couldn't move it and form the diamond shape. I've read other reviews here complaining of the same issue. To me, the pen's convenience is lost when one has to place heavy items around it so that a rambunctious pup can't foil it. The manufacturer should make corner brackets of some kind to prevent the folding of the pen by the pup but it appears they don't and I couldn't find brackets that would fit easily.
I have, however, found a solution that I'll pass along here. The items used are inexpensive, OK looking and easily produced by anyone with a little DIY experience. I decided to try adding two flat bars criss-crossed at the top of the pen and held in place by the "Pins" used to join the walls. I used some flat vinyl screen moulding from Home Depot that is 3/4" wide and 8' long. Description is "1/4 x 3/4 x8 PVC 6578 White". With the pen squared up using a measuring tape the pins are approximately 48 3/4" apart diagonally. You'll need two 8' pieces of this moulding as the overall length of each one will be about 50" long. With the 50" pieces cut and 1/2" holes drilled 48 3/4" apart at each end, you're ready to remove the corner "pins" from the pen one at a time and mount the crossmember pieces at the top. The photos attached will show this simple operation.
The pen is now rigid and Sam can't fold it into the diamond shape. He can still push the pen around on a smooth floor but I'm ok with that - we have no stairs or anything. If I want to keep him in one spot, I can just put the pen on a carpet and he's unable to move it much.
If you have the "diamond" problem, try this quick fix. It'll do until the manufacturer addresses the problem with some proper removable corner brackets. The pen is wonderful otherwise.
review image review image review image review image
2323 comments| 925 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2013
I love how easy this playpen is to put together and it looks nice, HOWEVER, my little 1lb yorkie puppy climbs out of this thing like a monkey. She can easily use the little squares to climb up it like a ladder putting each paw in each square, she then falls out once she's on top. I can no longer keep her in there unattended and ordered the mesh roof. Hopefully this will help.
review image
2222 comments| 819 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2015
This is one of the best things I ever bought!! I have it with the e-z Whelp pads which is another very good purchase and the Puppy Go Here Dog Litter Pan. My daughter says that Onyx has his own little condo set up in the house. He goes and comes when ever he feels like it except for night when i have the gate secured. He sleeps till the 6 or 7 in the morning when its time to put the food and water down back in and he is happy as a clam. Onyx is a 3lb maltipoo he may gain another lb or 2 before its all over but for my dog this is just perfect!!!!.

Got it on Friday March 21 (3days ago) and so far no issues yet. No knocking over or trying to climb out. At first I had the puppy pad holder in the pen which I didn't like because after folding the pad to fit the holder, there was hardly any room for him to use on the pad. Then I just put the pad down with the top and left side blue edges of the pad secured by the iris pen. The pen is heavy enough to hold the pad down and keep him form pulling it out. If i had a girl dog I might have just stayed with that but since males are prone to raise their leg at a certain age I got the litter pan. Now everything is right in puppy land!!!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
66 comments| 316 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 21, 2016
After having my puppy about 6 weeks, he figured out how to jump over the top. (12 weeks old, 2.8 lb Pom) I really loved this pen, but had to figure out how to keep him in it. After a little brainstorming I took a trip to the store and purchased 2 yards of fleece fabric for $10 and proceeded to make a top for his pen by cutting strips around the edge of the fleece and tying it around the top of the pen.....so far, so good.
review image
33 comments| 234 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2014
We bought 2 and combined it into one to give our puppy extra room to walk. Although one would be fine for a small Pomeranian, but since we leave him in his crib most of the day so we wanted him to move around. Easy to assemble and transport!
review image
11 comment| 276 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2014
Great quality and spacious for my small shih tzu.
review image
11 comment| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 2, 2014
So far good fit our situation and the quality is great.
review image review image
66 comments| 115 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 17, 2015
review image
55 comments| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2016
This product was perfect. It's big enough for my rabbit. It fits his water, pellet and vegetable bowls, a tunnel, litter box and some toys. I never close the door, he is free to roam around 24/7, so he usually goes to his cage to eat, drink water, use the litter box, take naps etc. but he is usually outside. Overall, GREAT PRODUCT! It was very easy to assemble. Instructions are clear!
review image review image review image
on January 17, 2016
We've been using this for a year and a half now for our Yorkie and chihuahua and love it. We've had no problems whatsoever. Easy to set up, easy to move, easy to clean. We leave the door open during the day so they have access to their beds and food. They stay in the pen anytime we have to leave the house. We purchased a remnant piece of linoleum from Home Depot and at a reasonable price, and his protects our hard wood floor from any spills or accidents. I would definitely recommend for small dogs. The picture attached is of two IRIS pens put together.
review image
33 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse