Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wine.com Ghirardelli Intense Dark Chocolate Gift Basket
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on December 27, 2013
The chocolate is awesome but the amount is VERY little so the cost made it a bad deal for us. I purchased this as a gift for my husband and all I can say is this product is way overpriced and I even purchased it on a lightening deal and it was still too expensive. I have purchased Ghiradelli on numerous occasions so I know that you have to pay for good chocolate ,but there are so few pieces in each bag and only 5 choices. It just wasn't worth the money for us.
on February 14, 2012
The quality of the chocolate is fine but the headline on the product claims 2.3 pounds of Ghirardelli dark chocolate. There is actually just over a pound and, after reading further in the item description once the product was received, the exact weight of each item DOES exist down lower in the product description. I doubt any false advertising was intended about the quantity but the fact remains that the quantity of candy is much less than the headline of the ad claims.

The packaging is nothing more than a vinyl covered paper basket with a very light ribbon tied around it. If you removed the plastic wrap and retied the ribbon it would look like the ad photo and be okay for presentation but definitely not a "keeper" on the basket.

Again, the dark chocolate was good but the problem with the inaccurate description on quantity makes it hard to rate this any better than a 3. Ghirardelli is decent chocolate but it's no bargain @ $25-30 a pound.
on November 29, 2011
I found the basket to be mediocre. There wasn't much imagination in it, and I don't believe it warranted much of a premium price above the materials and the chocolate.
on December 9, 2011
I second the other reviewer's remark about the cost. FYI ,this basket contains 3 bars and 2 bags. Individual bars can be found at some local Walmarts (I live at SF bay area so this may not be the case at other regions) at 2.50 each (I live at San Francisco bay region)and bags < 3. Total price comes to ~16 w/ tax. Perhaps the online (when on sale) cost might be justifiable for people living at some other region considering shipping. Taste is fairly good even the ones with high cacao content (not bitter).
VINE VOICEon February 18, 2014
I got this gift basket for my daughter-in-law who loves dark chocolate. She was over-the-moon with gratitude and has told me that she is really enjoying the chocolates, although she is rationing them so she won't run out too quickly.
on January 2, 2015
I wish that I read the reviews before I bought this. It looked like a great gift. When my mom opened it up there were the 5 items of chocolate and then a bunch of cardboard boxes to fill up the space of the gift basket. Save yourself the embarrassment, go out to Wegmans or Walmart if you have to, and buy these chocolates separately and put them in a nice gift bag. It is not worth the price, but the chocolate is GREAT!
on March 4, 2012
This was a Valentines present for my wife, who really liked it. In fact, she ate it all up in two weeks and just had me order another basket.

This is the only good quality chocolate I could find on Amazon that could be shipped to Hawaii. I don't understand what the problem is for vendors getting chocolate to Hawaii.

I note that some reviewers thought this basket was not an economical way to buy the chocolate it comes with, but it was, for me, since I can't just run down to my corner super discount store and find this stuff.
on May 21, 2016
Very small for the money. I got it when marked down. I would have been so angry had I paid full price.
I bought this one because of another I had bought as a sympathy basket, it had more but cost twice as much. But because it was a gift I never saw it and of course the people that received it would not wish to be ungrateful by saying it was cheap.
So I really hope it wasn't as sparse as this one
on February 24, 2015
I know I like Ghirardelli Chocolate, so I didn't think I needed to read the reviews. The "2.3 pound gift basket" of dark chocolate is not even 20 ounces of actual chocolate. The information in the description was misleading. Be sure to read EVERY word of the contents before buying. This was a waste of money and unfortunately, I can't return it because I had to take the plastic wrap off to see there wasn't any thing else in the basket but wadded up paper.
on December 25, 2014
My husband gave me this for Christmas and was embarrassed when I opened it to see how little chocolate it contained considering the price. I'm sure he didn't read the full description and was mislead by the price. I'm sure he didn't realize he was paying $36 for $12-$15 of chocolate and a lot of cardboard and brown paper stuffing