Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 26 reviews
on February 14, 2012
The quality of the chocolate is fine but the headline on the product claims 2.3 pounds of Ghirardelli dark chocolate. There is actually just over a pound and, after reading further in the item description once the product was received, the exact weight of each item DOES exist down lower in the product description. I doubt any false advertising was intended about the quantity but the fact remains that the quantity of candy is much less than the headline of the ad claims.

The packaging is nothing more than a vinyl covered paper basket with a very light ribbon tied around it. If you removed the plastic wrap and retied the ribbon it would look like the ad photo and be okay for presentation but definitely not a "keeper" on the basket.

Again, the dark chocolate was good but the problem with the inaccurate description on quantity makes it hard to rate this any better than a 3. Ghirardelli is decent chocolate but it's no bargain @ $25-30 a pound.
on February 24, 2015
I know I like Ghirardelli Chocolate, so I didn't think I needed to read the reviews. The "2.3 pound gift basket" of dark chocolate is not even 20 ounces of actual chocolate. The information in the description was misleading. Be sure to read EVERY word of the contents before buying. This was a waste of money and unfortunately, I can't return it because I had to take the plastic wrap off to see there wasn't any thing else in the basket but wadded up paper.
on January 2, 2015
I wish that I read the reviews before I bought this. It looked like a great gift. When my mom opened it up there were the 5 items of chocolate and then a bunch of cardboard boxes to fill up the space of the gift basket. Save yourself the embarrassment, go out to Wegmans or Walmart if you have to, and buy these chocolates separately and put them in a nice gift bag. It is not worth the price, but the chocolate is GREAT!
on March 4, 2012
This was a Valentines present for my wife, who really liked it. In fact, she ate it all up in two weeks and just had me order another basket.

This is the only good quality chocolate I could find on Amazon that could be shipped to Hawaii. I don't understand what the problem is for vendors getting chocolate to Hawaii.

I note that some reviewers thought this basket was not an economical way to buy the chocolate it comes with, but it was, for me, since I can't just run down to my corner super discount store and find this stuff.
on December 25, 2015
The amount of chocolate totaled 1.3 pounds, not 2.3 as advertised. Included 2 small bags and 3 bars. Would have been much, much cheaper to buy the chocolate individually.
VINE VOICEon February 18, 2014
I got this gift basket for my daughter-in-law who loves dark chocolate. She was over-the-moon with gratitude and has told me that she is really enjoying the chocolates, although she is rationing them so she won't run out too quickly.
on March 9, 2014
Deep flavors. Smooth chocolate. Tastes very good. Would have liked more of it inside the package. Basket is nice too. Would definitely purchase this chocolate time and time again.
on March 6, 2013
Tastefully decorated, well packaged, great item!! If you love dark chocolate, try this one, you will definitely enjoy it. Highly recommended.
on February 28, 2014
Sent this to a woman in HR that is obsessed with dark chocolate. I didn't eat any of it but she tells me that she is in heaven.
on March 26, 2015
bought these as a present for someone else for Christmas and they loved them

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.