Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon thechi thechi thechi  Echo Dot Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on May 29, 2012
I am a big time crafter and I have a love/hate relationship with my Cricut. I bought this particular cartridge to make cupcake boxes for my daughter's birthday party. I was so excited to be able to make boxes for the girls to be able to take home their decorated cupcakes in boxes. I grew very frustrated easily with this particular cartridge, because it seemed to me that they should have figured out how to make all the pieces work together with one setting. The box top didn't match the box, didn't match the insert, etc. Is it too much to ask that if you want a 10" box base, that you should be able to cut a 10" top and a 10" insert and have them all fit together without adjusting the size settings? If you want to be productive with this cartridge, I would suggest you first dust off your old Algebra text book, you are going to need it. As if that wasn't enough, even with the largest setting for the box, it still wouldn't fit the height of an actual cupcake. Bottom line, cute but not practical.
11 comment| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 17, 2011
I have the Cricket Create and the items come out to small to do anything. The ad should have said to only use with Cricket Expression. I was so looking forward to making boxes now I just have a cartridge that I can't use. I think it would be fun with the larger Cricket. So if anyone has the larger Cricket it is a great product.
22 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 13, 2012
I ordered this cartridge a few months ago; but only recently found the time to use it. I love all of the cute little boxes that can be made with this cartridge, however, it was difficult at first to get all of the pieces sized correctly, and I was running out of patience and ruining a lot of paper in the process!

On my second go-round with this cartridge (and it was on a day that I had nothing planned, and it was on my day off from work; which was a plus!), things went much better. I was able to make a couple of the boxes (and ruined only a few sheets of paper), and they actually turned out pretty good. I would like to suggest, however (and this is just my opinion), that if you're going to use the boxes for items that are larger than bite-sized pieces of candy, it would be better if you use the Expression machine to do it; the size of the Personal Cutter and the Create will make the boxes relatively small (I know because I tried to make them on my Personal Cutter, and although they were a cute size, they weren't the size that I needed them to be; hence, my re-doing them on my Expression).

The directions that were provided (I will admit) are confusing; I had to re-read them quite a few time to make sure that I was doing it right, and when I was making the boxes, I still wasn't 100% clear on the directions, so like with almost everything else in life, sometimes you have to improvise; which I did.
on December 30, 2011
This cart is full of wonderful things to make and be sure to check out what others have made with this cart too. You can make so much out of these boxes and they come out beautiful even for first timers. My 10 yr grand daughter even made a couple on her own. Add some bling, ribbon and beautiful oh and of course pretty paper.
on April 30, 2014
The cartridge has very good images. The downside is you do not have a guide for the scales of the cuts and the different layers. You have to be guessing and you lose a lot of time doing testing. The different elements of the image would have to be proportional to the size you choose, but you have to adjust after several attempts
on December 12, 2011
Very fun cartridge! We made the cake design one for a baby shower. It was simply adorable as a party favor. We are making the little house ones for the neighbors and filling it with christmas cookies... So many fun ways to use this cartridge. We even made little cakes for my daughters american girls dolls!
on September 25, 2011
I loved this product! It is easy to work with, there are many ideas for projects. I recommend for all scrapbookers.
on December 12, 2016
loved it
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 5, 2012
I love the versatility of this cartridge. YOu can do everything the normal size and it works great. However I used it and made smaller things with it and it still worked perfect. beware though the cupcake one if you make small you need some really good adhesive or it will not stay together.
on September 7, 2015
These cartridges are great to make personal cards and gifts for anyone for all of life's events
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.