Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 90 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 107 reviews
on February 18, 2014
No, I am not a P90X vet,extreme athlete,etc. I'm just a guy in his 50's getting back in shape and I think the average person will benefit from this book. Informative,well written, pics are good and explained well. Some reviews knock the book for being a dumbed down book version of P90X, I don't get it? It's not, I bought the P90X dvd program and unfortunately I was not in shape to take on the program, as my fitness improves I will get there. Back to the book, the book is many ways motivational and educational, one could put together their own program to suit them from the many different exercises in the book.An added bonus is the nutritional advice and recipes(like having a coach) In time they could follow the circuits in the book as their fitness allows! I have lost 30 lbs so far and am shooting for 50. I work out on a elliptical,recumbent bike,total gym, body weight exercises, rebounding, hiking, and assorted dvd programs to keep it fresh(just bought T25) This book is just another weapon(tool) in my arsenal. my fitness level has shot through the roof and have items,programs like this to further me in improving the quality of my life and become a example to family and friends. Great book!!
on April 19, 2017
Tony Horton... what more can I say the man is incredible and so is this book. Well worth the money for those who love p90x and health in general.
on April 13, 2011
Tony presents his views and techniques in a well organized, well thought out and executed fashion. Sure, some of the stuff he goes over is going to be familiar to those who are well into the P90X routine and beyond, but why wouldn't that be the case? For people like me who are just now struggling to get through the Power 90 series, the book illustrates how Mr. Horton has advanced in his routines and diet since he created that older workout series. The book has well illustrated workout routines and excellent diet advice. Not only that, but it's a fun, thoroughly enjoyable read. Tony is such a great guy, that you can't help but be motivated to improve your life by his kind, thoughtful words. He is absolutely passionate about fitness and health, and in my opinion is the Jack LaLanne of our generation. Only difference is that people are ready to listen now.

No, I don't work for Beachbody and heck, I'm not even a coach. I'm just one of the millions whose life Tony Horton has touched. I very highly recommend this nice, hardbound book. At the price I got it for (~$19, and now I see it's on sale for even less) it was a real bargain.
on January 7, 2012
I pre-ordered this book when it was first released. I was SO EXCITED because I had just completed a round of P90X and I was pumped to hear more from Tony. Sadly, I was fairly disappointed. It isn't that the book is bad, it's just that it was targeted to more of a beginner audience. There are huge sections about getting motivated, evaulating your fitness level, photos of exercises, etc. Many of the exercises are from P90X, so if you've done that, there's nothing groundbreaking in here.
The really new part for me was the nutrition section. I got P90X from a friend, so I had never seen the nutrition part of the program. This could just be a repeat of that, but I don't know. I see the reasons behind cutting out dairy/ sugar/ etc... but this is extremely hard. Especially for beginners, which I think the book is aimed at. If someone is really ready to get started and hit it, then this could work for them. I'm sure that detoxes serve a purpose for a lot of people, but they just don't appeal to me. I'm generally trying to strike a balance with my diet so the tips and recipes were a little out there for me. Recipes don't appeal to me if I have to buy a bunch of new ingredients to try them, so that was a downer.
If you're just starting out and you can't afford to buy the DVDs, go ahead and buy the book to get started. But otherwise, you're probably already too advanced for most of the material.
on August 30, 2015
If you're new to the concept of regular exersize and want a program that is simple to follow and doesn't require expensive gym memberships or sophisticated equipment, this is a good book to start with. Most of the exersize require nothing more than a set of dumbells or bands. As other reviewers have noted this if you are an avid P90X devotee or already have a rigorous exersize program you're happy with this is probably not the book for you.
on February 23, 2011
This book, from start to finish, is filled with inspiring, intelligent, motivational, and invaluable information from the great Tony Horton. Let me be clear: I did not buy this book for the exercise routines (if they are anything like P90X, then rest-assured they are superb) - P90X gives me all that I need. Where this book really shines is with the motivational, nutritional, and supplemental information shared by Tony. I learned a lot of things that I did not learn or take away from P90X with regards to maximizing your health, wellness, and lifestyle. This book really teaches you how to eat well, both through diet and supplementation.

If you've used or are using P90X and follow the diet, then I strongly recommend purchasing this book. Tony digs down deep and shares so much useful, beneficial information - $9.99 is a steal.

Thank you, Tony!
on June 23, 2016
get book that I have read off and on for 3 years. good workout, good advice and great recipes.
on January 18, 2011
I've done a couple rounds of P90X so far, and this stuff works. I've been doing the warrior workout for a couple weeks, and it reminds me a bit like, but a tad more difficult than P90X+. Already, I'm seeing great results where before I was stagnating. There is enough information in this book to create your own workout by following the examples given. For me, at the age of 41 this is just exactly the way I want to work out. Your muscles will get resilient, and strong. You will be in great shape, if you follow instruction and diet correctly. I'm not huge fan of the vegetarian diet and follow my own carefully planned out clean eating (with meat!) diet. But, the plan in this book is solid with a lot of good information.

My only beef is with he Yoga workout. It could have used a bit more editing as it is a bit confusing where the rounds start and end.
on January 4, 2011
If you do not know who Tony Horton is or his thoughts, opinions and health recommendations and want to learn more about him then this is a great buy. If you've done P90X and or P90X: One on One and occasionally follow his blogs or Facebook page, then most of this information you probably already know. This book brings together everything he has been saying for years into one convenient place. Most of the moves are from P90X. He recommends certain supplements and shares his views on them in general. Nutritional section answers a lot of the why questions you might have when confronted with the P90X diet guide. He creates three programs to follow, which are; beginner, striver and warrior. Workouts range from 20, 35 and 55 minutes and you're expected to workout 6 days a week with one rest day. Again, this is basically P90X in the book version, the moves are mostly the same, the philosophy is the same and the workout lengths are approximately the same for a warrior, which are 55 minutes for 6 days a week. With all that being said. I'd recommend this book for someone who is interested in the man behind P90X on the type of workouts he personally does and supplements he takes. The workouts in the book all have pictures. The biggest plus for this book is the recipes which were done by his cook; this alone makes the book worth owning. It's an easy read. Great book.
on February 4, 2013
This is a very economical way to access Tony's P90X principles. I just carry the book in the gym with me. After a few repetitions of each exercise you will have it memorized. There are good step by step instructions. There are three levels of fitness he describes and each level has it's own level of difficulty and intensity. When I regularly follow the routine, I shed pounds very quickly. Good fitness, good cardio. The book includes other sections for an overall healthy body like diet, etc.