YED Best kids' books of February Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Beauty & Grooming Shop Popular Services GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes GoldenGlobes  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Oscar Central in Movies & TV Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 276 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 357 reviews
on March 1, 2015
I've had this slow cooker for over a month and considering all the issues people have written about, I wanted to use it a few times before reviewing. As you can see in the pic the extra hole issue has been resolved with a strong plug that seems like silicone. I've cooked in the pot and washed it several time and there is no moisture inside the lid handle. The pot does get pretty hot but it's comparable to the heat from my old turn dial Crock-Pot and I haven't experienced any boiling over or lid rattling that others have reported. I only gave it 4 stars because the cord is short and the mini Crock-Pot that comes with it doesn't have a removable cooking insert, making it a little tricky to clean.

I was on the fence about this for a while after reading the negative reviews but I'm really happy with my purchase. Also, I noticed the negative reviews are from people who purchased their pot elsewhere so maybe it's a version that was sold somewhere else causing the overheating, etc.
review image review image
11 comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 17, 2016
Bought one for the baby and one for me, love them. Read the reviews but do not be alarmed by the "cooks hot" claims. Do your research and learn that the FDA requires all crock pots to cook at a higher temp now, just adjust the liquid accordingly.
on December 30, 2015
I'm not sure how this ended up happening but my sister,parents and I all have this crockpot...2 from costco 1 from amazon. It's not capable of "slow cooking". It cooks at roughly 215 degrees on both the low and high setting - confirmed by confirmed by reps in other reviews. Furthermore the keep warm setting is not enough either....ruined a meatloaf after trying the keep warm setting all day since the low setting boils. Bottom line is that they all have the same problem and I have no faith in this "slow cooker"
on December 25, 2012
I called and complained to Crock Pot about the food "boiling" on high, low, AND warm! They sent me another...same results! What's the saying about doing the same thing twice and expecting a different result? That is the definition of INSANITY!
on January 13, 2016
Very disappointed. This crockpot cooks extremely hot and fast. Forget about using the warm setting. I've been using a different brand of slow cooker since 2012, using it 2, 3, 4 times a week. The only reason I replaced it was one of the plastic handles fell apart when the insert was accidentally dropped on my concrete kitchen floor.

I can't even predict how to cook in this new crockpot, meals that I would normally cook overnight are burnt when I get up in the morning. Right now I have a pot of burnt up chicken breasts that I cooked on low. I had company for Christmas Eve and had pulled pork in it, set to warm. It seems to have "hot spots" the pork was literally burning and sticking to the crock in 3-4 different places. I had to turn it on, turn it off, turn it on, turn it off. And stir frequently to try and keep the pork from burning.
VINE VOICEon March 9, 2016
I loved my old Crock-Pot! It lasted me five years until the insert cracked and rendered itself useless. After looking at the price of replacements I went ahead and realized it would be wiser to purchase a whole new Crock-Pot. I chose this one because of the countdown program and the small crock-pot.

Well don't let the small one be a selling point because it's extremely tiny and I will probably never use it, even for a dipping sauce, because it's so small. I'm not sure if I received a defective item or if it's common among this particular Crock-Pot but the heat element is ridiculously too hot! I can cook frozen chicken breasts on the WARM setting in 4 hours! I'm afraid to use this for normal meals and leave the house because I'm sure I'll come back to a burned dinner or worse. When I use it on the low setting I'm constantly checking the meal throughout the day which negates the purpose of those kind of meals. Unfortunately, I'll be looking for a new Crock-Pot.
on September 7, 2016
Perfect replacement for my broken crock-pot. I couldn't order the replacement stoneware and saw this one online. It was cheaper to buy this than even try to replace the other, and I'm happy I did so. I love the levels and the timers. Makes dinners easy!
on October 10, 2014
I love that it goes to warm when it finishes cooking. It is very accurate. You can set the time in 1/2 hour increments. My other crockpot does not allow this. Large capacity. I use it at least once a week. I like the black color. Easy to clean and fits in my dishwasher. I would highly recommend this crockpot.
on June 16, 2016
This item arrived in the product box and a large gash on the side. The crock pot was cracked. I had to purchase this elsewhere as it was a wedding gift. I was disappointed with the packing. It should have been placed in a sturdy cardboard box with something for a filler, like peanuts, etc. Any item like this that could get broken should always be packed in a heavy solid box for cushioning. The couple I did give this crock pot to that I purchased elsewhere they loved the crock pot, so from that I would say it is a great crock pot.
on March 6, 2016
I got this for my grandpa and it it stopped working after one use. And we didn't save the box because I thought Crock Pot was a good brand and there would be no need to return. Turns out I was wrong and now can't return it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.