Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 1, 2015
I've had this slow cooker for over a month and considering all the issues people have written about, I wanted to use it a few times before reviewing. As you can see in the pic the extra hole issue has been resolved with a strong plug that seems like silicone. I've cooked in the pot and washed it several time and there is no moisture inside the lid handle. The pot does get pretty hot but it's comparable to the heat from my old turn dial Crock-Pot and I haven't experienced any boiling over or lid rattling that others have reported. I only gave it 4 stars because the cord is short and the mini Crock-Pot that comes with it doesn't have a removable cooking insert, making it a little tricky to clean.

I was on the fence about this for a while after reading the negative reviews but I'm really happy with my purchase. Also, I noticed the negative reviews are from people who purchased their pot elsewhere so maybe it's a version that was sold somewhere else causing the overheating, etc.
review image review image
11 comment| 183 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2017
I bought this pair to replace my old 5 quart Crock-Pot, which after about 20 years had developed a crack in the ceramic pot. There were no replacement parts for the original available.

So I went for this one, as being slightly larger than my original, had the timer, and the small warmer was included. It arrived in good order and cooked its first meal well. I haven't tried the separate warmer yet, as I tend to use these for sauces at larger gatherings.

I decided to cook a family favorite, split pea and ham soup. I had regularly done this in my old Crock-post, and the recipe I use fitted nicely into that 5-quart device. When I went to fill the Crock-pot with water, I found it would not take as much as the previous one, despite claiming it was one quart larger.

After the soup was done, I measured the cleaned ceramic pot. At just under 5.5 quarts, the pot overflowed. This would be way too much for cooking. When I measured the volume to a reasonable level, about 5 mm (quarter inch) below where the lid would sit, it would only take 4.5 quarts.

Despite having a larger surface area, the pot is significantly shallower. It fits into the dishwasher better than the previous one, but it is lighter and thinner. But the usable volume is just 75% of what is claimed. If you measure the metal base that holds the ceramic pot, its volume is 6.3 quarts, but you can't cook in that: it's not built for that and has a pair of drain-holes.

I am concerned that the manufacturer is deceiving consumers about the volume of this Crock-pot. This isn't amazon or any other retailer, as they take it from the manufacturer. If a regular consumer can measure the volume with a single measuring jog and water, why can't the manufacturer get this right?

Also, this model does NOT have the cord managing attachments on the back that are indicated in the description.
on April 12, 2017
I like the function of the crock pot. It cooks evenly and my tried and true recipes are coming out as I expect them to. I was surprised to find the " Cord Management " that is pictured on the page was not on the model I was sent.
on October 22, 2017
Took a chance on this. One of the reasons why I purchased this is because they advertise this:

"Cord Management
Keeps cord safely out of the way when not in use."

Well, mine does not have this. The serial number is one letter off. Not cool, Crockpot.

My last Crockpot was too hot, even on the low setting, so we decided on this one. I have the opposite problem with this one because it takes too long. We're keeping it because I'd rather have foods take longer than burn.
on September 7, 2016
Perfect replacement for my broken crock-pot. I couldn't order the replacement stoneware and saw this one online. It was cheaper to buy this than even try to replace the other, and I'm happy I did so. I love the levels and the timers. Makes dinners easy!
on January 22, 2017
My crockpot came fine but the Little Dipper was dented to hell. Two sides were almost completely collapsed in!
on August 5, 2017
This is the second one we purchase and is exactly what we ordered and works exactly as discribe and cooks well
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2017
Lid seems to not fit very tight on the large crockpot, but I love this buy anyway!!
on August 10, 2017
I broke the ceramic inside of my pot so reordered a new pot. Wish I had kept the outer portion of my old one to see if I could have used the inside of the new one in it. The product has CHEAPENED a lot. Handles on the sides and the top are much smaller and whe item as a whole feels flimsy and cheap....loved my old one, this one will get by since I don't use them much. Disappointed a bit
on February 25, 2017
Works nice but outer shell gets very hot.