Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 332 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 425 reviews
on March 1, 2015
I've had this slow cooker for over a month and considering all the issues people have written about, I wanted to use it a few times before reviewing. As you can see in the pic the extra hole issue has been resolved with a strong plug that seems like silicone. I've cooked in the pot and washed it several time and there is no moisture inside the lid handle. The pot does get pretty hot but it's comparable to the heat from my old turn dial Crock-Pot and I haven't experienced any boiling over or lid rattling that others have reported. I only gave it 4 stars because the cord is short and the mini Crock-Pot that comes with it doesn't have a removable cooking insert, making it a little tricky to clean.

I was on the fence about this for a while after reading the negative reviews but I'm really happy with my purchase. Also, I noticed the negative reviews are from people who purchased their pot elsewhere so maybe it's a version that was sold somewhere else causing the overheating, etc.
review image review image
11 comment| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2017
This is a fantastic deal, especially for the price. The settings are great, although I recommend just using "warm" if you're slow cooking overnight and it tends to run a little hot. The auto-warm feature is great. The only thing I wish it did was shut off entirely on its own without unplugging it, but that's a minor inconvenience for something reliable each time it cooks

The first time you use it, make sure you babysit it so you get used to the temperature settings. It does cook faster than you think. I burned cheese soup the first time I used it, but I was able to adjust after that. For instance, instead of cooking something at low for 6 hours, I do low for 1-2 hours and then let the warmer take over the remainder of the time so that it's ready when I get home. If I'm slow cooking meat, I only use "warm" after searing the meat. The only things I use the high setting for are soups that need to boil first and then simmer or stock cooking, otherwise, I cook everything on low or warm and it turns out perfectly.

The outer shell gets extremely hot as well, which isn't an issue for me, but it could be a potential hazard.

I was worried about the lid since it doesn't latch, but it fits securely and keeps the moisture in, so nothing gets dried out while cooking. I didn't experience any rattling or heat escaping from the lid like other reviewers did.

The smaller warmer is perfect for cheesy dip or artichoke spinach dip and it's serve-able at the table. We don't use it as much, but it's very handy for parties and holidays, so totally worth it as a freebie.
on August 17, 2016
This product runs extremely hot. It boils on warm. It cooks several hours faster than it should. I have ruined several meals with it. I purchased on July 7 and really wish I had not.
on March 31, 2017
I bought this pair to replace my old 5 quart Crock-Pot, which after about 20 years had developed a crack in the ceramic pot. There were no replacement parts for the original available.

So I went for this one, as being slightly larger than my original, had the timer, and the small warmer was included. It arrived in good order and cooked its first meal well. I haven't tried the separate warmer yet, as I tend to use these for sauces at larger gatherings.

I decided to cook a family favorite, split pea and ham soup. I had regularly done this in my old Crock-post, and the recipe I use fitted nicely into that 5-quart device. When I went to fill the Crock-pot with water, I found it would not take as much as the previous one, despite claiming it was one quart larger.

After the soup was done, I measured the cleaned ceramic pot. At just under 5.5 quarts, the pot overflowed. This would be way too much for cooking. When I measured the volume to a reasonable level, about 5 mm (quarter inch) below where the lid would sit, it would only take 4.5 quarts.

Despite having a larger surface area, the pot is significantly shallower. It fits into the dishwasher better than the previous one, but it is lighter and thinner. But the usable volume is just 75% of what is claimed. If you measure the metal base that holds the ceramic pot, its volume is 6.3 quarts, but you can't cook in that: it's not built for that and has a pair of drain-holes.

I am concerned that the manufacturer is deceiving consumers about the volume of this Crock-pot. This isn't amazon or any other retailer, as they take it from the manufacturer. If a regular consumer can measure the volume with a single measuring jog and water, why can't the manufacturer get this right?

Also, this model does NOT have the cord managing attachments on the back that are indicated in the description.
on April 23, 2017
I bought this crockpot as a replacement for one I had for 10 years which I loved. DO NOT BUY THIS. Its gets so hot to the touch that it could burn you, and I am sure is also a fire hazard. I am glad I was home for the first use and didnt just turn in on and leave like I used to. I will be contacting Amazon and Crockpot to request a refund/replacement. I am not sure if mine was defective or this awful design is across the board, but if you read other reviews, people have complained before. Extremely Disappointed.
on February 23, 2017
I love this crock pot! The countdown timer is probably my favorite thing. I can set it before I leave for work and when it finishes the time I've entered, it goes to a Keep Warm setting, so the food is ready when I get home. I haven't used the small crock pot yet, but I think it will be really nice as well.
on April 12, 2017
I like the function of the crock pot. It cooks evenly and my tried and true recipes are coming out as I expect them to. I was surprised to find the " Cord Management " that is pictured on the page was not on the model I was sent.
on December 16, 2016
Simple design plus programmable timer work great. And it reverts easily to warm when timer complete so we can eat whenever the kids' games are over, homework is done, etc. Other reviewers found it too hot, we did not. 6 quart capacity is good for meats, stews, chilis, etc. Not fancy, just efficient and very good price.
on May 3, 2017
The product was defective when i purchased it. I tried cooking something on low overnight, and it was barely cooked 12 hours later. I then turned it on high, and left it for a few more hours and it still was not hot enough. Ive used crock pots before an this was definitely not strong enough or defective. I ruined a whole pot of food that I had to throw away. It was very annoying.

I am a busy person and was not able to return this in time. Now I lost out on the product and the food. Pretty annoying. Maybe this was a dud, but still sucks. Make sure you exchange yours right away if there is something wrong.
on January 11, 2017
I love the capacity and the digital display and features. I gave this a four out of five stars only because the outside of it gets extremely hot and is somewhat of a hazard if you aren't careful!!