Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chocolate Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM

on December 6, 2011
First off, I don't usual spend time to write product reviews, but I felt obligated to in this case. Despite the few negative reviews I had seen, and the low expectations that ensued, I found myself pretty pleasantly surprised when I received this gift basket earlier today.

The packaging itself is solid. You get a dark-chocolate colored basket with just enough plastic wrapping to keep everything in pristine shape without being a hassle to open. There were no signs of re-purposed Jello boxes -- only a dense amount of straw lining the bottom to serve as a cushion. I thought it was a very nice touch.

Now for the part that actually matters: The candy. You get a pretty well organized assortment of chocolate-themed products, varying from chocolate covered peanuts and raisins, to peanut butter cups and and marshmallow cups, and yes, there's even a few pieces of individually-wrapped dark and milk chocolate for the diehard choco-holic. This variation is well balanced so your tastebuds don't feel tired of any one particular confection.

Of course, a couple items featured in this basket probably do have their comparable counterparts in your local grocer. But that's beside the point. You'll be hard pressed to create anything of a similar caliber yourself in terms of presentation and overall packaging.

Executive summary: This basket was made by chocolate lovers, for chocolate lovers. I'd buy it again and most likely will when Christmas rolls around.
on May 9, 2012
I read the other reviews and had to share my experience. Apparently this company has read earlier reviews and has taken corrective action. While others have said their chocolates arrived melted, my basket was actually chilled. The basket came packaged in a heavy Styrofoam container. This container is shaped similar to a regular cooler, complete with a lid. Inside this cooler was the basket, padded appropriately, with bags of "fake ice" at the bottom to keep the basket cold. I was very impressed. Indeed, this Styrofoam cooler is so nice I'm sure I will find another use for it in the future.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
VINE VOICEon October 26, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I received this gift basket Monday which was an unseasonably warm late October day here in Colorado. My family and I tried the chocolate covered peanuts that same evening and though delicious they were melted together in one lump! Same experience with the chocolate coated pretzels. The chocolate covered raisins also tasted great and fortunately had stayed intact with no ill effects from being too warm. There's a variety of truffles, covered marshmallows, graham crackers etc included I have not yet opened or tasted. All the treats appear to be of very high quality though the quantities are quite small which may be a good thing for those of us watching our waistlines. The actual basket the treats come in is a little cheap looking but I did decide to keep it to make up my own gift basket for someone in the future. At a cost of around $40 I don't consider this item to be an exceptional value.
PS I took a star off this gift basket since the more I look at it the less impressed I am. For some strange reasons a rice krispie type bar with a bit of chocolate was placed in a box for flan, some truffles were placed in one of those single serve size cereal boxes for sugar pops and some dark chocolate pieces were in a Royal Jello box. I don't really think I would want to give as a gift something with this odd packaging.
UPDATE: ig4U contacted me and sent me another basket to review. This second basket did NOT contain melted chocolates or strange recycled packages. Based on the second basket I received this item would make an attractive, respectable gift for a chocolate lover.
on November 22, 2011
Very happy with product - shipped to myself to bring to a birthday party. This gift basket arrived on time and in perfect condition. All of the items looked very beautiful and sleek, which made for a great first impression. The recipient loved everything in the box, especially the chocolate truffles. Would purchase again.
on May 2, 2012
It is hard to write a review for an item sent as a gift to someone else. It seems that when you order this you may receive the Chocolate, but you may instead receive the Coffee Sampler Gift Basket by ig4U, as my gift recipient did. Thankfully she loves coffee, so it was not a total bomb, but her packing list DID say Chocolate AND I wanted to send Chocolate.
on February 21, 2016
This product is fine, but it is quite small. In the photo it appears much larger than what you actually receive. It also doesn't come with as many items as I expected. My biggest disappointment was that it came with Christmas themed candy bars. It's February! I can't give someone candy that has a Christmas theme. So I had to remove it from the plastic and repackage it. Hopefully by now they are no longer selling ones with Christmas candy bars in them.
on December 4, 2015
I purchased two of these baskets as thank you presents for two ladies that threw me a baby shower. These baskets came quickly. Nothing was melted and they were delivered in hot weather. The baskets look very impressive in person. Both of the recipients of the baskets said how great the chocolate was and asked me where I had purchased the chocolate. I'm very pleased with these baskets.
on January 13, 2013
I bought this for my mother (a chocoholic), and she said it was good, but the portions were very small. The packaging makes it look like there is a lot more chocolate in the basket than there actually is. The weight in total is only 22 ounces, and that includes the cookies, nuts, trail mix, etc. She said the basket is very pretty, and she will be able to use it again because it is very nice.
on January 6, 2015
Nice selection of various chocolates. We purchased as a gift and it was very appreciated. We could not eat these items ourselves due to allergies to peanut and gluten but for those without the issues a good gift. No huge amounts in packages.
on December 26, 2013
got this for my sisters who live in a different state and they took a picture of it and posted it to facebook. my jaw dropped when i saw it was exactly like the picture, b/c now days it seems like gift baskets are rarely as pictured. i asked her how it was and she said it was delicious. i compared a bunch of baskets to this one too and all of them were less ounces for a minimum of $5 more. i would get this again.