Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 6, 2011
First off, I don't usual spend time to write product reviews, but I felt obligated to in this case. Despite the few negative reviews I had seen, and the low expectations that ensued, I found myself pretty pleasantly surprised when I received this gift basket earlier today.

The packaging itself is solid. You get a dark-chocolate colored basket with just enough plastic wrapping to keep everything in pristine shape without being a hassle to open. There were no signs of re-purposed Jello boxes -- only a dense amount of straw lining the bottom to serve as a cushion. I thought it was a very nice touch.

Now for the part that actually matters: The candy. You get a pretty well organized assortment of chocolate-themed products, varying from chocolate covered peanuts and raisins, to peanut butter cups and and marshmallow cups, and yes, there's even a few pieces of individually-wrapped dark and milk chocolate for the diehard choco-holic. This variation is well balanced so your tastebuds don't feel tired of any one particular confection.

Of course, a couple items featured in this basket probably do have their comparable counterparts in your local grocer. But that's beside the point. You'll be hard pressed to create anything of a similar caliber yourself in terms of presentation and overall packaging.

Executive summary: This basket was made by chocolate lovers, for chocolate lovers. I'd buy it again and most likely will when Christmas rolls around.
42 helpful votes
43 helpful votes
on May 9, 2012
I read the other reviews and had to share my experience. Apparently this company has read earlier reviews and has taken corrective action. While others have said their chocolates arrived melted, my basket was actually chilled. The basket came packaged in a heavy Styrofoam container. This container is shaped similar to a regular cooler, complete with a lid. Inside this cooler was the basket, padded appropriately, with bags of "fake ice" at the bottom to keep the basket cold. I was very impressed. Indeed, this Styrofoam cooler is so nice I'm sure I will find another use for it in the future.
16 helpful votes
17 helpful votes
on February 21, 2016
This product is fine, but it is quite small. In the photo it appears much larger than what you actually receive. It also doesn't come with as many items as I expected. My biggest disappointment was that it came with Christmas themed candy bars. It's February! I can't give someone candy that has a Christmas theme. So I had to remove it from the plastic and repackage it. Hopefully by now they are no longer selling ones with Christmas candy bars in them.
on January 20, 2017
not one of the items pictured in the basket on line was in the basket I received. 3 fun sized snickers, 3 fun sized milky ways , one cowstail, one box of whoppers, one box of Charleston Chews, and one pkg of Mallows. 6 small hard mints with a chocolate center and two boxes of Kolas cookies filled with chocolate frosting. All items which i could and have purchased at a grocery store for 1/3 of the cost. So I feel very played, and certainly not receiving the items which were pictured. Good con job !!! Was expecting something very special, and received a box of almost nothingl !!!!!! especially at $39.00 a basket. Very dissappointed, but it will teach me never to trust any online pictures of items that will be sent to me.My faith in ordering online is diminishing quickly. Judy O
on December 4, 2015
I purchased two of these baskets as thank you presents for two ladies that threw me a baby shower. These baskets came quickly. Nothing was melted and they were delivered in hot weather. The baskets look very impressive in person. Both of the recipients of the baskets said how great the chocolate was and asked me where I had purchased the chocolate. I'm very pleased with these baskets.
on December 26, 2013
got this for my sisters who live in a different state and they took a picture of it and posted it to facebook. my jaw dropped when i saw it was exactly like the picture, b/c now days it seems like gift baskets are rarely as pictured. i asked her how it was and she said it was delicious. i compared a bunch of baskets to this one too and all of them were less ounces for a minimum of $5 more. i would get this again.
on March 2, 2015
Not much value here. Ten bucks would be a more appropriate price for what you get here.
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
on January 6, 2015
Nice selection of various chocolates. We purchased as a gift and it was very appreciated. We could not eat these items ourselves due to allergies to peanut and gluten but for those without the issues a good gift. No huge amounts in packages.
on May 8, 2015
A lot of the chocolates in this basket look old and dingy. Not something I would like to get as a gift.
2 helpful votes
on December 25, 2015
The basket is small and not wourth the $ that was charged for what comes in it.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.