Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Tim and Faith STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 9, 2014
Best version available of the original arcade game, but without a keyboard on your smart phone, this game doesn't play that well.

I got this game several years ago when I had a Motorola Droid 3 with slide out keyboard. On that device, this game played beautifully. Recently I had to switch to a Samsung Galaxy S5, which does not have the keyboard. So that leaves tilt touch and buttons mode as game setting options. I have yet to find the mode that plays as well as the old style keyboard. It seems like the touch screen (maybe it's just the S5), is slow to respond to a tap to fire in button and touch modes - especially after a turn or thrust. There seems to be a fraction of a second between the move and the time the screen will feel the tap to fire. I've not been able to get much past 20,000 points since I got this app on the Galaxy S5. My high score on the Droid was 94,100, which you'll see at the top of the Leaderboard.

I'm disappointed that I can't quite get into the swing of things with this device and am considering hanging onto the Droid just so I can play the game as I used to.

Apart from that, this game has the look and feel of the original arcade game. It that's your top criterion then give the free version of this a try. Remember, this is an old school game, the higher the level, the faster the spaceships come after you, and sooner or later you will get blasted. You play until you die a third time, though you can build an inventory of extra lives if you play well at lower levels.
VINE VOICEon September 25, 2011
For someone that grew up putting quarters in the Asteroids machine at the pizzeria, this is a pretty good trip down memory lane. It's simple, fun, and addictive.
The only real complaint I have, the missiles don't wrap over if you're near the edge of the screen. This should really be fixed. It especially makes it hard to judge where you are in 2(+) dimensions. Plus you can't shoot the bad guys from the other end of the screen.
Another departure from the original, the bad guys don't make any annoying sound when they appear. That was sure to create a Pavlovian response in you.
I love the tilt controls. I'm still lousy at them, but I can see how they could be intuitive for a real gamer type. Even I started to get the hang of them in a few minutes. It reminded me of driving a Segue.
Nice work, Mark.
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on March 17, 2014
this is a nice copy of the asteroids game popular in the 80's. The only problem I have is moving the ship forward, still trying to figure it out. since this was one of my favorite games, I gave it 4 stars- a nice generic version and recommended to download
on September 21, 2012
Reminds me of the old days in high school playing this on the old Atari system. Plus I like the online ranking also. Too bad it doesn't have a joystick. lol
on January 21, 2012
not happy....guess the game isn't made for kindle fire.They should tell you before spending the money...hopefully they fix the issue... :(
on March 13, 2012
I was so happy to see that i could get this old original game for my kindle!! it was awesome!! kinda hard to figure out at first but i love it!
on September 24, 2012
for some reason my kindle fire won't let me play the game androids which i bought. i tried everything, but it won't let me play, unless i'm missing something.
4 helpful votes
on December 11, 2012
Graphics are what to be expected but the tilt function doesn't work with kindle fire. I am very disappointed that it doesn' live up to the hype.
on February 21, 2013
love it it a real challenge to play this game it brings back a lot of memories..still have the skill
on February 20, 2012
tilt does not work you sit there and die TOTAL RIPOFF. DO NOT listen to those who say I am rong.