Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 189 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 228 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon April 20, 2015
The title of the game encapsulates the very experience - MY FIRST PUZZLES is suited for ages 2 or 3. No older, and perhaps even younger if you can get the infant to focus on a tablet screen...

Drag and drop entire animal shapes into cutouts with little chimes and applause for audio feedback, so a bit more complex than banging square pegs into circular holes. This adds in the element of shape and animal recognition, giving the parent the opportunity to also participate with giving verbal names to each of the animal and other sundry vocal prompts. Frankly, knowing how much a parent can actually pay for a simple education toy for their 2 year old, I don't feel this is in the least overpriced, so no issue with there in my evaluation. We are talking an age range whose attention span is captivated by jangly keys and mirrors, so the simplicity is on par with the developmental stage.

As squeaky clean a young children's game can and SHOULD be - no permissions, no code, no self-adverts, no prompts, no dancing web-link boogers. Installed at 9MB with an option for even that portion to move into Storage. Back-key does remove from the active task list, but a very low-level process still remained.

As long as you keep in mind the title isn't kidding about being aimed as a child's FIRST PUZZLES, I believe this would be a worthy download, either as a Free App of the Day or as a Premium introduction to digital puzzles. Of course, there is the debate that physical, tactile interactions of real world objects being far more developmentally positive, yet I doubt many parents would want to try to store all those live animals in their living rooms...
My First Puzzles is a nice starter game for young children to start to learn about puzzles and how to use a tablet. The puzzles are easy and colorful and contain a lot of cute creatures that they can learn the names of. Learning how to complete the puzzles will improve their hand and eye coordination using the Kindle Fire and is a good lesson on how a tablet works.

I liked that the 14 puzzles are animal based and really cute characters. Children can relate to the animals and have fun learning. This is targeted at ages 2 to 6 but to be honest the puzzles may be too easy for a 6 year old. I do wish they had added one level higher for slightly older children with increased challenges for their learning skills. It still rates a solid 4 stars for youngsters.
on April 20, 2015
My First Puzzles is a simple jigsaw puzzle type of game; so simple in fact I doubt whether you could further reduce its simplicity.

It contains 14 puzzles of different animals, each large & colourful, and consist of only 6-7 pieces. There are animations when you place a piece in the right place, and when the puzzle has been completed. Once you've done a puzzle, you can see the animal in its full glory instead of just its frame in the selection menu.

This game requires no special permissions, free from ads or any forms of self-promotion (no 'Rate Me' either), and exits cleanly. Perfectly safe to leave it with the kids.

I think this game is for toddlers only, and that even children above 4-5 might find this too simple. Also, there simply isn't enough content, and replay value is low. If it's free I'd probably rate it a 5 but, since its regular price is $1.99, I can only give it a 4 based on the lack of value for money.
on March 16, 2012
My 2-year-old loves this app! She really enjoys the cute animals. Since the variety is quite limited, it's great for her now when she doesn't mind doing the same puzzles over and over again, but she'll probably start getting tired of it when she's a little older. My 5-year-old did a couple of puzzles and decided that he wasn't interested anymore because it's too easy.

At $1.99, this app is too expensive for the limited time it will be used and for the limited amount of puzzles (reason for the 4 stars instead of 5). Since I got it as the FAotD, though, I think it's great. If you have a very young child (probably 1 1/2 to 3 years old) and if they drop the price to 99 cents or add more puzzles then I would recommend buying this app.

The app works without any problems on my Samsung Galaxy Spica.
on April 23, 2015
It is a cute game but VERY simple. And once your child completes all the puzzles, that's it! No more puzzles... no next level with more challenge. I like the game itself and the concept, but I feel like there could be more to it. Maybe add some harder puzzles if your child is able to complete the simpler ones. My two year old finished this game in about 10 minutes and was totally bummed to find out she ran out of puzzles to do. I got this as the app of the day and I am glad I did. If I paid $$$ for a game that only took a 2 year old ten minutes to complete, I wouldn't be very happy...
on January 5, 2016
To be fair, this was the free app of the day so we didn't pay anything for it. My son quickly got the hang of this and actually had a selection of puzzles. They aren't too sensitive like other children's puzzle games and I have noticed an increase in hand-eye coordination. If I had known about how much he would like it and everything else I mentioned then I would have paid 1.99
on January 13, 2012
Used on Kindle Fire
I got this when it was free for my 4 1/2 yr old grand-daughter. She whipped through the puzzles in a couple of minutes and then proceeded to amuse herself by intentionally putting all the pieces in the wrong places. She got a real kick out of that. She finished the first puzzle faster than I did when I tried it out LOL.

The puzzles are cute and its great for introducing little ones to apps, puzzles, android devices etc. But consider the childs apptitude on these things more than their age. If they have some experience with apps this will bore them rather quickly, lasted my DGD about 3 minutes, but if they are just learning this is a great tool.

I would recommend this for about a 2-3 year old, depending on their experience. I do think 1.99 is too high for this though.
on April 30, 2015
Got this for our 2 year old great daughter on our kindle so she could have something to play when we watch her. She seemed to like it but was more interested in other games on the kindle. It seems to me that you have to have the piece in exactly the right spot for it to fit and some pieces seem to hide on the puzzle border and she doesn't seem them and backs out to go to something else before she is done. Other than that it seems ok.
on September 24, 2016
My son bought this on my phone when he first started being able to use my phone because I wasn't smart enough to enable password protection on real money purchases at the time. It taught me a $.99 lesson, and my son got many great hours of play out of this game. Totally worth it.
VINE VOICEon January 7, 2012
My 29 month old toddler was in love with this game at first sight. When we started she was much more confident with the solid animal puzzles (5 or so whole animals to drop in slots) and went from thinking age couldn't do it to being very successful and picking up speed quickly. She can do the other puzzles (pieces to make one animal) but right now gets a little frustrated, but I think she'll get the hang of it and learn fast. The sound od applause is great and she cheers everytime gets a piece correct. Also, the fact that you just have to hover over the right place and the piece gets sucked in is perfect for her beginning touch screen fingers.

Absolute love from this mama!