Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on October 18, 2016
This is my first automatic, so I am really enjoying the reserve indicator. I wound the watch the first day, it goes down about 5 hours over night, and then works its way back up to 40 when I wear it. I guess I should sleep more.

At first the time seemed right on, then it started running about 5 sec fast per day. I am waiting for it to "break in" before I expect consistency. Update: After more than a month of constant wear it's averaging +1.1s/d. "Watchcheck" is a great app for tracking deviation in different orientations.

I shortened the bracelet 2 links for a total of twelve plus the clasp. With 6 links on each side of the clasp the watch would ride up on my wrist bone and was not comfortable. With 5 links on the 6 o'clock side of the clasp and 7 on the 12 o'clock side, the watch sits much better. No discomfort.

The watch is heavy. No doubt. But I don't find it bothersome now that it's properly adjusted. I wear it snug, so there is no noise from the bracelet and I have no complaints.
210g with full bracelet
200g with two links removed
113g with spring bars but no bracelet
131g with 3rd party 22mm Nato strap (34% reduction!)

The bracelet already has some scratches on it from bench arms and the like. But that's why I bought a "tough" watch for daily wear. The sapphire is slightly recessed in the bezel, so I don't think it has been hit. Either way, it shows zero scratches, just finger prints. As for NATO straps, it wears better with a 24mm jammed between the 23mm lugs than with a 22mm showing naked bars. The NATO shown with the black rings is a 22mm. The strap with the steel rings is 24mm.

I bought from Marc at Long Island Watch. Their price was better than Amazon. His youtube presence is impressive. And it took only a few days to receive the watch in San Diego (free shipping). I recommend him.

The lum lasts all night. It is dim but still readable at 5am. I'd say it's just as good as my Orange Monster.
on April 23, 2014
Title pretty much says it all. Loved the watch when I received it. Immediately put in on a (wonderful) Hadley Roma 24mm rubber strap w/red stitching (which is an awesome pairing for this watch). During the night after having the watch for less than a week, it stopped (while fully wound) but started back up again on its own. Within a week after that, it stopped again (and yes, still fully wound) but would NOT start again...even after unscrewing the crown, changing the time and date, hand winding, etc. Watch was no longer in stock with Amazon as the seller, so ended up having to return it. Within hours of seeing they received the watch and processed my refund, I happened to see that "1" was back in stock. Of course I was apprehensive, but also thought that there's no way Amazon put it back on the shelf, so I went ahead and reordered it. Well, you already know the rest of the story.....and yet again, back to Amazon it goes! I would still love to own this watch and I know that I just happened to receive a "lemon" (I've been in the automotive industry for over 25 years, so I am empathetic to this). Even with it being defective, I probably would have given the watch 3 or 4 stars, as it's a really robust looking piece (with the exception of the OEM band) that kept good time while it was working ; but it's down to 2 stars as a reflection Amazon's obviously too lax QC procedures.
on March 1, 2016
I like the watch, but am only giving 3 stars because of Orient's poor warranty service. After 7 months some of the white paint on the dial started to come off with normal daily wear. I contacted Orient USA to report the problem and request service to fix or replace the dial. I was told this wasn't covered by the warranty and maybe it was due to hard wear. this watch was worn exclusively at a desk job. I've had other dive watches by Seiko and citizen in a similar price range with no problems after years of wear. As you can see in the attached photo the paint is coming off by the timer marker, the number "3" and on some of the minute markers.
review image
on June 6, 2014
I'm really happy I purchased this timepiece at this price point ! I've read other reviews on ths particular model and will have to agree, the complaint is on the bracelet, not what I expected. I only paid $285 for this timepiece and would have been very upset, if I paid any of the higher prices this model is going for. I also have the Mako XL black dial; ( LOVE IT !) The bracelet that came with my Mako XL looks nice and has a better feel to it. That's what I'm comparing this to. So, for this reason, and this reason alone, I give it four stars. As for the watch itself, NICE ! I got a nice (discount), for a nice (watch). Thanks Discount Watch !
on June 12, 2015
This is a 200 m diver watch. The watch movement has good reputation and it is the same with the one included within SL 02 model which is three times more expensive but with higher diving capabilities (300m). Anyway, I do not plan to dive with the watch. The finition is excellent. It is an automatic watch which means that it does not have the same precision than a quartz watch but this is not a problem to me since I have several precise quartz watches. The watch is beautiful and I love it. Many thanks to Amazon.com for the excellent service.
on October 5, 2016
Great looking watch!!!! Love the power meter. Nice bracelet, take care with pin and collar design. Really a nice bracelet just put it back together correctly. My watch is running about +6 per day. It is brand new and I just leave face up at night. This is my third Orient watch and I love each one more. Not common like a Seiko(I love those too!), get one and be happy.
on July 31, 2014
Very nice watch, big bezel, not intended for people with a small wrist. Well built watch, but the metal bracelet is left to be desired. Although i don't have any problem with it, and it sits very comfortably on my wrist, the bracelet feels kind of cheap. For a $300 watch, orient should at least use a better quality bracelet, but hey its still less than half of its full retail price. For serious watch lovers, i recommend getting an after market canvas or rubber bracelet.
on December 3, 2012
I had to buy a new watch, because the old one was dropped on floor by my lovely daughter when she tried to bring it to me after bath. That was a quartz watch with Sapphire window. With that experience, I realize the Sapphire material is indispensable for a watch to last. This time I chose Orient Men's SEL03001B M-Force Automatic, but I pursaded my wife to buy it as a birthday gift to me, because I will wear it for a long time.
This is a solid but no fancy watch, which is exactly what I want. good looking, appropriate weight, double safety band, and easy to adjust the time even the second. Eventhought it is big and heavy, it fit my not so big hand perfectly. I especially like the red color for the needle for the second. Also the fluoresence is glowing brightly for a long time in the dark, at least over 10 hours.
Highly recommended!
on April 5, 2013
The Look and feel: The look of this is not a copy of some sort or a homage style. It is noted and very stylish with being underwater on its mind. The solid feel is not to heavy and not to light and I would say it leans more towards the heft all solid cut stainless watches should.

Price and Value: This watch is excellent all around and is worth more than the price paid here. It is a value from a company that makes it's own cases and movements for a complete product that is a professional series watch and not a fashion style time piece so many people over pay for and are constantly changing batteries on.

Size and Colors: It is the right size for a diver not to big or two small and they have great choices in colors for the face Orange, Blue and Black for dress fun and play on the town or in the water. At 46mm you can see the face clear in and out of water. The watch wears more like a 44mm time piece would as the bezel in black and stainless take up some of the size and reduce the look of being a jumbo-tron style that is uncomfortable as the day goes on.

Just two gripes : ( ........... #1 #2

#1 The band links at the top are hollow and will squeak if you get a watch that has loose fitting ones, which will 100% annoy you as it will occur every time you move your wrist. I was fortunate to have two of these in different colors so I could switch the top hollow link ends and stop the squeaks. Orient please just fix this or go with solid end links to attach the watch to the band. The rest of the links are solid all the way down why cut corners at the top two only where it is needed most?

#2 The hands on the face are a bit small and could be larger like on the Orient Ray or keep the Semi Sword hands like the Seiko Sumo. No big deal on this one though. The date window is small but I like that as it does not over clutter the dive face look that is desired when in water and reading your submersed time.

The Short of it all: 100% worthy serious dive and spot watch with the looks to go with it. This is a keeper in anyone's collection for daily wear or just to stand out in the crowed in Orange or Blue. Black can be worn all night and day at your office or after hour drinks. In or out of water I wanted to mention the M-Force keeps excellent time too. BUY IT and you will not regret it 100% satisfaction in my book.
on November 26, 2012
I love this beautiful watch. This is a solid and accurate hackable automatic movement you can count on. I do appreciate very much in-house made movement in Japan from Orient Watch Company compared to other big names that outsouce their movements and parts. I know everytime I buy Orient watches, I get top-notch quality and excellent reliability that come with my watches. So far I own 15 watches from Orient and I cherish all of them.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse