Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 7,123 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7,503 reviews
on December 9, 2013
I've owned and used this headset for several months, and for my purposes, it works great! I can clearly hear conversations and operate the headset easily, and the talk time is excellent. From my perspective, it's one of the best Bluetooth headsets I've used, and I've tried a LOT of them over the past few years. I use this with my iPhone 4S.

My complaint comes from those I converse with... apparently the noise canceling feature of this headset is not all that it claims. People tell me that there's an enormous amount of background noise that gets picked up, sometimes overpowering my speech. The complaints have been so frequent and consistent that I've stopped using the headset. I'm in the market for a replacement, but haven't found a product yet that provides both good listening and good transmission. Until then, I'll continue to use my handset.
on June 6, 2017
This review was written after owning and using for five years. I've lost one or two of these over the years, and given the cost, just have bought a replacement each time.

Plusses:
Good sound quality
Easily establishes and re-establishes Bluetooth connection after turning the unit off
Easy to use on off switch
Easy to use volume switch
Comfort. Ear loop can easily be flipped to use on either ear.
Love the convenience of not having to continuously hold a cell phone up to my ear during a call, especially long calls.
Good audio messages tell you battery strength when powering on. For example,: "Power on, battery high, phone 1 connected."
None of the callers I've spoken with has ever indicated ANY problem hearing me. No one has ever even asked if I'm using a bluetooth headset
Long battery life. You can talk for hours before having to recharge this. I usually recharge after a day of usage, and I've yet to run out of battery power during the day.

Cons:
None that I can think of

Typically, I leave the headset powered off, and only power it on when on a call I know will last more than a few minutes. I get out the headset and then tell the caller, hold on please, and flip the power on switch and put it over my ear. Usually, however, I just flip it on without telling the caller. Doing so I'll sometimes miss two or three seconds of what they are saying, as the unit is powering on and auto connecting. More often than not, I don't miss anything.

I don't leave the unit on when not in use, as I'm not on the Starship Enterprise, and think it's a really ridiculous look to wear a bluetooth headset full-time. I also don't want something obstructing my ear while I'm, you know, living life. For awhile, I would just put it in my pocket when not in use. Eventually, I picked up a few bluetooth headset cases. I prefer a case that doesn't close but just protects the headset, so the headset can be removed without unzipping a compartment. I've uploaded pics of what I bought and am describing, purchased separately.

Unfortunately, as of this writing, I don't see this style headset case on Amazon. I do see cases for bluetooth headsets, but they are all zippered. A case without the zipper would be preferred, as it's one fewer step to perform. Nonetheless, I'd recommend a case if you use a bluetooth headset. It's very convenient to just keep it in a jacket, or in a computer or other case. More important than damaging the headset, which I think is unlikely when kept in jean pockets, for example, I like the idea that the ear piece is kept in a pouch and not exposed to whatever else happens to be in my pocket. It seems a little more hygienic, not only when kept on your person, but also when not in use at home.

For awhile, I'd carry this in my jeans, along with the case, but it's overall just a tad too bulky for my taste, and for hygienic reasons, as described above, I prefer storing in a case when not in use.

Battery life is extremely impressive, as I'm able to use it all day, with talking on the phone for hours, without recharging.

As of this writing, I find it frustrating that it's become perfectly socially acceptable in America for people to use their cell phones while driving, and while in traffic. Many seem to have the attitude that they're still able to pay attention equally as well as without use of their cell phone. If you drive in any city, however, where people are frequently using their cell phones while driving, it's very easy to see the impact doing so has on road safety.
Clearly, not having two hands on the wheel and two eyes on the road - at all times - decreases reaction time when unforeseen events occur -- as frequently happens while driving. This is a public safety issue, so please practice safe driving etiquette by either not using a cell phone while driving, or by using a bluetooth headset. Not only will doing so potentially save lives, it also provides the added security of reducing your risk of having to endure the headache, heartache, trauma, and inconvenience of getting into an accident and causing personal injury to yourself, other motorists, or property damage to your vehicles as well as other vehicles on the roadway.

By the way, public safety tip: If you do talk on the phone, no need to waive your hands while talking, as the person you're talking to can't see your hand movements. :)

For these and other reasons, I'd recommend buying a bluetooth headset, and you can't go wrong with this unit. Reliable, long battery life, maintains a solid connection, ease of use, and perhaps most importantly, good sound quality.
on December 13, 2014
I bought two of these on impulse because they were 20 bucks a piece and had great reviews. I'm sort of a tech junkie, but for some reason I just never thought to purchase a bluetooth headset. I always viewed them as a bit superfluous, because I could just hold the phone to my ear. Then I bought a car with a manual transmission...and trying to drive in the city and talk on the phone with a manual is a literal pain in the neck as I crane my shoulder up and neck to the side to hold the phone while shifting. For obvious reasons, this has greatly improved my experience driving while talking on the phone. However, it improved a lot of other aspects of life such as...

Getting that call you weren't expecting while trying to prepare dinner or clean the dishes.
Getting a call from "that guy" that can't seem to end a conversation while you're working on something.
Talking to someone while typing. (sure, there is speaker mode for this, but voice quality suffers considerably)
Getting a call from your wife while you're under a car with a 200 degree oil pan 3 inches from your face
Getting a call while you're trying to lay hardwood flooring or tile

This is of course possible with any headset, so here's what it does well:

Sound quality is good overall - a bit better than earbuds would be from an mp3 player - EXCELLENT for the price.
Volume level is ample for me - I stay one notch under the maximum, but I have good hearing (when I want to)
Battery life is excellent - One charge lasts me about a week, even if I use it to listen to music
Can listen to music through it - I use this while working and the quality is good. I need an open ear to hear other people, and this doesn't actually disrupt the hearing in the equipped ear much.
Extremely comfortable - I tried on a bluetooth headset from verizon once and it was awful. This one is quite comfortable for long periods.
Holds on tight - This thing clings. It doesn't bounce around at all, regardless of bending over to pick up things or whatever. It grabs the ear and doesn't move.
Good range - I can set my phone in the middle of my apartment and go anywhere and still hear my music. Range seems to be about 15-20 feet to keep a strong signal (starts to develop some static popping noises past 15 feet that get worse at about 20)

Overall, I think these are great, and if this one ever breaks I wouldn't hesitate to buy the exact same model again.
on March 26, 2015
This is my favorite headset (3rd M50 for me), it is so comfortable that I always forget that I have it in my ear. It's all about the part that goes into the ear, very comfortable. Battery life is great as well, charging maybe every 3 days or so; I highly recommend it. In fact, I recently bought another one as a backup should I misplace this one, I've had other newer plantronic versions that you could not forget you were wearing, with little bits sticking out of the ear piece reminding you it's there, but I went back to this one. One of the advantages of any headset is that it is hard to accidentally leave your phone somewhere as they instantly alert you that you are disconnected, I've left my phone in a customer's house several times, but not with this comfortable piece in my ear. Additionally, it does save battery life when using google maps routing directions and very easy to hear the directions vs speaker phone. Would love to see an app from Plantronics where you could track it when misplaced/lost somewhere within range. Also works with Linux on my laptop with Fedora Core 21.
on December 6, 2014
I see there are over 5000 reviews already so not sure if anyone will see this but after being reminded of my purchase I wanted to add my thoughts. Amazon says I bought this is 2012 so this is a long after purchase review. I continue to love this headset and am exceptionally pleased to see that it is still available. I was worried I lost mine and needed to find a replacement that wouldn't be as good. But fortunately I found mine afterall. The M50 continues to work well, and after all these years I am not tempted to replace it. I did have a problem with the first one I bought - it stopped taking a charge. But Plantronics warranty service was so good that I am still willing to give the product a 5 star rating. And the replacement has been problem free.

It is comfortable enough thag I can usually wear it for hours. The over the ear design is secure and the small size is unobtrusive. Because it isn't overally complicated it is exceptionally easy to use with the front of it being the button to answer a call. It has paired easily with my iPhone 5 and BlackBerry Bold (workphone). Now the BB is gone (company is going BYOM) so now the M50 is paired with the iPhone 5 and a new iPhone 5S. The ability to pair with two devices at the same time was a major reason for my original purchase.

The battery lasts a long time even after years of use. On business trips less than a week I don't even bother to take my charger with me. Call quality is usually very good. The noise cancellation isn't perfect, however it works as well the "everyday" rating it is given. I like the physical postive on and off switch. It allows a quick turning on in case the headset is off when a call comes in. Ocassionally it doesn't connect, but if turn it off and on or go to the phone and click on the "connect" in the settings menu it reconnects again. Not sure if this is the M50 or the phone. However as said these have been minor issues and I would buy this again if I lost mine.
on May 11, 2012
After reading other reviews and seeing a 4+ stars rating, I was excited to see this Plantronics M50 for a good price. I am sorely disappointed though after only about 1-2 hours of use. The reception in my ear is full of static. The volume control is touchy and doesn't get very loud. I just had a conversation on this Bluetooth where I had to pull over and stop the car so I could hear the conversation I was having! On the same note, after a 5 minute conversation with my wife she said "I'm just going to let you hang up...I can hear all the noise around you and it's driving me crazy" , so you can forget walking into the grocery store with this bluetooth on. Thats my experience so far, so the Bluetooth goes back to amazon and I keep shopping. Maybe
I'm just spoiled after my last motorola $25 bluetooth had such great sound?? Two stars because I can listen to Pandora while I mow the lawn. (Even though it sounds like it's coming from a tin can)
on January 17, 2014
I've owned numerous bluetooth headsets over the years, and hands down, this is the best that I've ever owned. I had initially bought this model a few years back when it first came out, and I used it daily until I lost a few months ago. After giving up on ever finding it, I purchased the next model up from the M50, and after two days, I gave it to my husband because it wasn't nearly as good as the M50. So, I purchased the M50 again and unsurprisingly, I was not disappointed in the newer version!

This headset is very comfortable for extended wear; I'm an executive producer and logistics specialist, and sometimes I wear this headset for 16+ hours at a time without any ear fatigue.

The ear bud attached is an in-ear type, so it's not just a flat speaker that rests in your ear, it actually goes slightly into your ear canal; this makes for much more audible sound than most headsets that fall away from your ear canal, and is perfect for use in noisy places.

The arm of the headset can rotate around the body of the bluetooth and it can also flip open, away from the body of the bluetooth at a 90 degree angle, so it's very easy to take on and off, rather than having to rock and twist it on, like other models.

The talk-time for this model is great; if you only use your phone sparingly throughout the day, one charge can last a few days, easily. The only time I drain the battery to the point of charging in one day is if I'm on the phone for literally, the entire day.

The bluetooth itself is very sturdy, and it is easily able to withstand being put in and out of a pocket or bag. I don't always have mine physically on my ear, but I do always have it on me, and it has stood up well to the abuse of being squished repeatedly in my messenger bag, or being taken in and out of my pocket. The last one I owned used to get stolen regularly by our cat, who would play with it and chew on the arm until he would bat it under the couch or we would catch him with it, and he never managed to break it, even though he is a destroyer of kitty toys. The only damage he ever did to it was teeny little teeth scuffs on the arm, but the arm never broke or chipped.

The only downside to this model that I would say is more of an annoyance than anything is the hangup button. The button to end a call is on the body of the bluetooth, where the word "Plantronics" is written, it's actually one giant button, so if you accidentally tap the exterior body of the bluetooth, it hangs up the phone. Generally, this isn't a problem, but you can't wear earmuffs, or bump it while taking off a hoodie, or it will hang up the phone.

Other than the hangup button placement, this is an excellent, and in this author's opinion, the best bluetooth on the market!
on October 23, 2014
I have owned this model since they were first introduced years ago with other mobile phones, iphone 4 thru - 5s and a Uniden ELBT585 5.8GHZ bluetooth landline phone that is another sought after classic. This is an amazing headset. Far better than pricier new technology sets I've used and looking at the large number of 5 star reviewers I'd say I'm not alone. It's very important that you do your utmost to purchase from a seller who stands behind the sale as even those stated as new may not be and returns may be difficult. Sadly this one I purchased was an Amazon seller. The headset had issues and while coping and hoping I waited to long to ask for a change and so money gone :(.
Very fortunately my 1st classic is still in action but I want another while it's possible. The only feature this headset has not handled well for me is talk to text so I switch it off to use that feature then back on. Bluetooth headsets have been a staple in my life since 2003 when a friend explained what was stuck in his ear. I have failed C fusions and RA so very little range of neck motion or digital dexterity. The comfort is also amazing and I've often climbed in bed still wearing mine. The headset's speaker has stood the test of my iphone alarm clock blaring in the kitchen charger 30 feet from the bedroom where my iphone was flashing my wake up time so don't forget to switch it off when charging.
on December 8, 2014
This is my second M50, and it performs beautifully. I chose this model especially because the earpiece fits, and the piece that goes over your ears is so comfortable that I sometimes forget I have it on and I have to put my hand up to my ear to make sure that it's actually still there. The other thing about this is the way the ear clip can swing around to either ear without a chance of breaking off, which I've had a problem with other models, then you have a bluetooth, but no way to keep on your ear. It hasn't interfered with my reading glasses either.

Transmissions are clear too; the battery life is long, and it recharges very quickly as well. It takes a lot to wear out this warhorse of a bluetooth out.

If Plantronics wants me to upgrade, then please put this ear clip on your other models.

For the Money, this Bluetooth is a big winner.
on May 8, 2015
This is the ONLY bluetooth that doesn't hurt my ear. The soft funnel thing goes into the canal. There is no loop or nubbin poking out of it pressing on the cartilage of the ear. Even though those are soft, any light pressure over a period of time makes for severe pain---especially when you take it out! But this doesn't have that. And it's light enough so you might not even have to wear the over the ear loop either, although that one doesn't bother me. I forget it's in there until I hug somebody or someone comments on it. Sound is perfect. If any other company caught on to how to make comfortable earpieces like this, I'm afraid Plantronics would have a run for its money. And if Plantronics would make the earpieces detachable for cleaning it would be perfect!!!