Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: My First Tangrams
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

This is a good game for very young children. It plays well on a larger screen (10" tablet?) but the maker should have CLEARLY stated what they meant by 'young children'. The game is probably too easy for a 4 year old because the only challenge is dragging a piece from the left side of the screen and drop it into the corresponding slot on the left and it's quite obvious where everything fits - no rotation, flipping or any other manipulation is allowed or required.

Looking at the game from a technical and design angle, the animation is smooth, the colors are pleasant, the music while monotonous is soothing and besides a very basic 'help' screen and a link to other games there are no options to tweak.
on February 28, 2012
This is more like paint by numbers than tangrams. Itdoesn't have the shapes of a standards tangram set, and the ultimate shape you build is separated, instead of being the contiguous silhouette that is normally offered, breaking it up into it's constituent shapes making it quite apparent where everything goes, presenting the same level of challenge as the old square peg round peg educational toy for developing infants. Well made, well crafted, but seems to be for a younger demographic than would normally have a device on which it can be played. Not Tangrams, though.
on February 28, 2012
my 2 yr old really likes this. she has an easy enough time moving the pieces on the big tablet screen. and as she already knows basic shapes like circle, square,triangle. I'm now teaching her the slight differences in new shapes that can be kind of hard to understand. and everytime she completes a puzzle and hears clapping, she claps too smiling and proud. I would say that over 4's may find this too easy though.
on February 28, 2012
This is a child's app that'll be sure to bring out the "children" today...

As another viewer had mentioned, technically, this isn't the "real" Tangram as it should be played. However, this is a kid's app & I don't think.that matters much.

Pros:
1. A small bell chimes whenever the correct peice is put into place.
2. Bright, cheerful colors & quality puzzle designs.- 1* star
3. Light, calming background music for those who tend to concentrate better with music.
4. When the puzzle is completed, they are cheerfully congratulated with light clapping. This fosters encouragement for the child. 1*-star

Cons:
1. No clear directions on how to play or maneuver peices. For some, it may not be so obvious. -Minus 1* star
2. No option to turn off music or game play sounds (the bell & clapping can become annoying after the 3 or 4th puzzle)) Yes, I can turn my device sound down or, off but, I could miss notifications for 2 other apps that I running in the background. -minus 1* star.
3. No automatic advance to next puzzle. This is my BIGGEST issue with this app. I was surprised at the lack of an arrow or "Continue" button when you finished a puzzle. The first time I tried this app, I needed to search for a way to advance to the next puzzle. It should not be that difficult to find..especially in a child's app. You need to go BACK to the MAIN MENU by clicking the REFRESH ARROW in the very TOP LEFT hand corner of your screen. Perhaps, its just me but, I found this to be much too confusing, if not an odd way to advance the game? If there's was a better way, I certainy couldn't find it.- minus 1* star
4. Easily accessible for children to purchase other games within the app.- minus 1* star
44 comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2012
This app would be great for little kids. The music is not obnoxious like some apps I've run across and the puzzles are simple enough for those who are just learning about them.

While not what I would like as FAotD it should appeal to parents who have small children on a long trip.
on February 28, 2012
My almost three year old loves this game and it is a challenge for her. I think the title "My first" implies it is for young children.
on February 28, 2012
I have the lite version of this app on my iphone, which only has 4 puzzles. My 2 year old loves it & does them over and over. She is going to be so excited to see this in my Fire & with more puzzles. Puzzles of any kind are a great learning tool for little ones, helps encourage logical and spatial thinking skills.
on January 10, 2016
This is my most favorite app on my phone for my kids to play with! I very rarely allow them to play on my phone, but this app is fantastic because it's educational in that it teaches them shapes and sizes by solving puzzles! I have already recommended this to others as my favorite one as well!
on December 19, 2012
My 4-year-old begs to play this everyday. When I do allow him to, he gets lost in it. It is a simple matching of shapes, but it creates larger pictures and he feels accomplished at the end. Great tool for little ones.
Wishlist for this app

1# Sound off option
2# Lock ads down (password protect)
3# let users select their own designs.
4# music choices
5# extended or higher levels

This app will most likely be used by small children so please remove the ads or lock them.
I'd really appreciate seeing this app updated.