Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on June 18, 2012
I also purchased this for trade show use. It fits my iPad2 well, and the lock works, and it looks neat and trim. It goes on and off the iPad with a bit of fuss. It has to be carefully assembled around the iPad; you can't just snap the case on and call it secure. I don't feel much sense of security about it, however. The material is very thin plastic and doesn't look like it could hold up to a quick determined effort at theft. In fact the bubble pack it is shipped in appears to be of sturdier stuff. I felt as if I would break the the case while trying to get it assembled; same with taking the case off. You can't do this in a hurry at the end of the night.
The stand is flimsy. Better to use an alternative stand for a show if there's a danger of the iPad being handled. When not on the iPad the case will need to be protected from breakage, say, while traveling to a show or while in storage. Perhaps the bubble pack will meet that need. Save the packaging.

I would prefer a metal case, and something a little easier to put on and off.
It will meet my need to anchor the iPad at a show and keep the honest people honest. I'm not sure about the rest.
5 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 25, 2012
I have a friend who is in a rehab hospital for a few months and wanted her iPad2 to use for communication with the outside world. But as with any semi public place, the iPad would never be safe there alone. After researching options, this seemed the best. It was a snap to get on, fits snugly and the lock worked great to loop around a bed rail. The way the lock and case fit, it doesn't allow the use of the magnetic cover, but that isn't really a problem. Its secure, usable, and even survived a 3 foot drop already with no damage to the case or ipad.

This is definitely worth the price.
10 people found this helpful
on April 14, 2012
I purchased this to use at our trade show booth. It works well with the New Ipad - it provides access to all ports/camera/speaker on the Ipad. It is pretty easy to put on...and provides a sense of "safety" (I do not have to be on high alert every time some one picked up the Ipad to view a product demo). The only issue I have is that it is difficult to remove from the Ipad when taking it off after use...although this is understandable since a tight fit is required to make it secure. I recommend it...especially for trade shows. Also, not sure if in description, but the "security anchor" is about 5 feet long.
10 people found this helpful
on July 27, 2012
At my work we have had a few iPads stolen off our test bench by the "night crew". I decided to get this to prevent the problem in the future. When I received it, I thought it was a flimsy piece of junk, but once you slide it onto the iPad it is so tight it basically becomes part of the iPad and is totally solid. I anchored the iPads to the table they sit on, and I'm now more worried about the table getting stolen than the iPads getting stolen. Excellent product. Note: it works on iPads 2 and 3, but not even close to working on an iPad1 (just FYI)
5 people found this helpful
on April 3, 2012
Well, after fighting with this thing, trying to cram my ipad 2 into it, and even worse, trying to get my ipad OUT of it without breaking it (the ipad) in half, I gave up and called Kensington. I was told it should not be a terribly tight fit, and I should return it. The replacement arrived and it is really no different. The gray strip of plastic (which locks the 2 plastic halves together) is really hard to slide in and out of its channel. It takes a screwdriver to make it move! Due to the lack of economical tether devices for ipad, I've decided to keep it, with reservations. It will only be used for about 1 weekend a year, and I'm sure it will keep someone from dropping or walking off with my ipad, but I am not looking forward to trying to remove it again. I would leave it on but would miss my smart cover too much.
2 people found this helpful
on March 10, 2017
Recently purchased the security case for our restaurant. The product arrived as described and was perfect for the ipad2. I do not believe that this will be a fit for the Ipad Air 2. The case had a great presentation and did exactly what we needed it to for security. I also had the opportunity to exchange communication with the vendor and they were flexible and extended great customer service. They were also easy to work with. I recommend.
on July 17, 2012
Bought the secure IPad case for comic-con San Diego. 125,000 attendees. Used for registration, administration and web page ordering. Worked beautifully. We secured the cable around a table leg and with the locking mechanism it was simple to just take the iPad back to the hotel each evening. I would highly recommend.

Word of caution make sure you have the iPad2 it will not fit with a first generation.
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
This product was purchased for my brother who has been in the hospital for an extended stay. Apparently hospital theft is a serious issue, so having this locking device has prevented the iPad 2 from "walking away" and enables my brother to easily communicate via email, facebook & caringbridge.

It is a nicely designed locking mechanism that I would highly recommend for any instances where security may be an issue.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 1, 2015
College kids need these tablets walk away
on March 22, 2013
We needed this to use for my son's wheelchair when we gave him an iPad. So far so good and nothing has been stolen yet.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.