Industrial Deals Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on June 2, 2017
Not the greatest of movies, but I find it pretty entertaining with serviceable performances by most involved. Pretty cool special effects and sound.
This 4K edition looks and sounds great. Fantastic demo material herein even if the movie isn't the best. If swords and sorcery is your thing you'll probably like it. If you are into high drama you might be wasting your time. Pretty Intense/scary for younger/sensitive viewers and dependent on your views of violence appropriateness for children you may want to view before letting the young-uns watch. Not too racy (one each of bed and bath chamber scenes - nothing explicit) if that is your concern
There have been reports of the 4K disc not working right so if you buy be sure to check that yours works before the return window closes
3 helpful votes
on May 19, 2015
From the time I first saw the trailer for this movie, I thought it looked like an interesting take on the story of Snow White. I can't say that I'm overly familiar with the original story, nor have I seen Disney's Snow White in ages, so I really only remembered the bare basics of the story. I have to say that it took what little I could remember and presented it in a way that really surprised and impressed me. This movie is really well-paced, and the manner in which everything unfolds really adds to the overall experience. This take on Snow White is really worth watching, whether you're a fan of past renditions of the story or not.
Enthusiast: Doctor Whoon February 26, 2015
Not the Snow White story I grew up with. I admit I wanted to first watch it because Chris Hemsworth is in it. I enjoy looking at him and the sound of voice. I didn't want to watch because of Kristen Stewart. I found her character in this movie more likable than in the Twilight series. Snow White befriends the odd creature and animal in this movie. She stands against the evil queen, and the hunts an fals for her. There have have been many renditions of Grimm's Snow White story. Probably the most popular is Disney's animated version.

I found this to be a movie worth watching, and I enjoyed it enough that I will want to watch it again. There is something for everybody in this tale, adventure, fighting, romance, deception,lies, pretty actors. Probably be enjoyed by old children than the younger kids, probably 10 and up will get more out of it then others. Although my 14 yer old still asks questions of what just happen.
on September 2, 2016
Snow White & the Hunstman is an entertaining movie about the forces of good vs. evil. The beloved king is tricked by an beautiful but evil young woman who would become his wife. On their wedding night, she would kill the king and takeover his kingdom. This story is about the kings daughter and her struggle to kill the evil queen and restore order to her fathers throne and kingdom.
on June 23, 2016
I had seen this before and wanted to order the sequel but made a mistake and ordered the one I had already seen. As a teen film it is okay. Younger children may find it a bit too scarey to watch at bedtime. Adults will probably be bored. I was really disappointed in Theron's performance and am surprised the director didn't do some retakes on many of her scenes. She just was convincing at all and looked as if she had a difficult time getting into character. Not a lot to write home about in this adaptation of the story. Fell short in a lot of ways. I really wouldn't recommend it except for teens.
3 helpful votes
on November 14, 2015
This version of Snow White live action film is one of the best!. I was skeptical because of the Twilight teen actress Kristen Stewart but I was very impressed with her in this film. Charlize Theron steals the show as the most villainous witch of all time. She really was wicked with her outstanding performance. I liked it so much when I saw it on HBO, I immediately came onto Amazon.com to buy it for my movie library. Very enjoyable. Great acting, casting and writing. Would like a sequel.
on November 19, 2016
I have enjoyed this movie every time I watch it. I even had to go back and watch it again after catching the sequel as it is a far superior story than Winters War which felt forced without the continuity. Charlize Theron brilliant in both of course as is Chris Hemsworth, but Kristen and the A class actors playing the dwarves gives the story a lift and life the second is missing. I wish they had continued the story from Snow White's perspective but I am happy to leave this as a stand alone movie without the sequel. (I do enjoy Emily Blunt as the sister not mentioned in this first movie and of course replacing the brother not mentioned in the second). Overall this movie is well acted, good script and a worth watching repeatedly. :)
0Comment|Report abuse
Watching `Snow White and The Huntsman`, Directed by Rupert Sanders, made me yearn for the good ol days of "Hi Ho Hi Ho...It's Off to Work We Go"!!!

Filmed mostly in not Sooo techni-color, it stars Ravenna...the most evil of all evil witches in all the land, played by Charlize Theron and Kristen Stewart as Snow White, the most emotionless unsympathetic expressionless Princess pure of heart that there ever was. Rounding out our principle cast of characters are Sam Spruell as Ravenna's weak sister of a brother, Finn, Sam Claflin as William (Prince Charmer) and Chris Hemsworth as "The Huntsman".

Our story begins with glorious anticipation as we watch newly crowned Queen Ravenna quickly implement her devious diabolical scheme of treacherous trickery to take over the Castle and the entire Kingdom for her very own!

Soon we discover that her beauty and power is rivaled only by her evil!

Each day Ravenna gazes into the mirror and asks, "mirror mirror on the wahl, who's the fairest of them awl". Obediently, a liquid gold oozes from the mirror transforming itself into a golden Genie who responds reluctantly, "You are the fairest of them all".

Way too soon we find our sullen Princess, Snow White, locked away in the dingy dirty dank dark dungeon where she has been held captive since childhood when her father, the King, was slain unceremoniously by his bride Ravenna on the very night of their wedding day!

After some 20 years the Princess skillfully escapes her palace prison and high tails it directly into the forbidden forest!

Continuing down the yellow brick road, our story turns into a much darker version of the Wizard of Oz where our Princess meets up with the tin man and the cowardly lion, just kidding!

But She does encounter all sorts of strange and nasty forest creatures who try to kill her dead at every turn! All the while being tracked and chased by the drunken Huntsman and Finn, who have been sent to find her and return her to the evil Queen So that she can tear out her heart!

I did find a few fleeting Thrills n Chills once upon a time in our fairytale; including Fairies, a big bad ugly Troll guarding the bridge (sigh) and at least 7 Dwarfs!

There was even some m*a*j*i*c*k* to be found along the way!

Check IT out,if you dare!
on April 27, 2016
I had a difficult time paying much attention to this. No character development whatsoever. The sheer brute force acting of Charlize Theron gave her character more depth that the script provided which was bordering compelling at moments. Beyond that, this was a completely forgettable poorly written, meandering, and nonsensical story.

So forgettable that I think I actually saw this in theaters, forgot, watched it again, and am still not sure if I saw it before. I already don't remember much from my viewing last night.
on February 10, 2016
The film try to break stereotype where the usually weak and helpless Snow White become strong and independent. She boost the morale of her army to take back the kingdom and become their leader. She fight for it not run for it. It was different and satisfying. I love the romance between Snow White and the huntsman. Romance between two people from very different class (one is royalty one is poor huntsmen) is just my favorite. Especially if the poor is also good at survival like the huntsmen or a thief like Aladdin. But anyway, it was epic and heroic how the girl become a knight and take over the kingdom by fighting the mirror monster and the queen herself. I like it.