Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Format: DVD|Change
Price:$3.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 2,732 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,344 reviews
on December 9, 2014
The special effects are dazzling. The Evil Queen changing form, the troll, fairies, a white ram, and the black forest are all enchanting. But, in my opinion the reason why this movie is a 4, not a 5, is not because Kristen Stewart spoiled the show, as she is a beauty who could fit the Snow White role, but the problem is with the script. It is inconsistent throughout the movie, and there are scenes that appear for a few seconds without any discernable purpose. The script has Snow White channeling Margret of Anjou, which is odd for young princess maiden who has been locked away most of her life and is known for her kindness. The Evil Queen, Charlize Theron, gives an over-the-top performance that is truly enjoyable to watch - you almost want her to continue her reign. The Huntsman, is perfectly played as an adorable, take-me-home bad boy that women continually fall for in spite of obvious flaws. And, yes, the seven dwarves were naughty, funny, show stealers.
on November 14, 2016
I am NOT a fan of Kristen Stewart at all....I think her acting in general is the same in every single movie she plays.

This movie gets 4 stars IN SPITE of her. Chris Hemsworth is fabulous as the Huntsman and Charlize Theron as the Queen play the roles to perfection

The storyline was good line... Stewart just ruins is for me...even though she doesn't have many lines (thank goodness for that) her acting is just awkward.... it's like she is unsure of herself in every role she plays

Anywho...I enjoyed the movie. Not enough to buy it unless it was like 5 bucks or less.

I'm looking forward to seeing the sequel....even more so since Stewart wasn't cast as Snow White
on March 3, 2017
Charlize Theron delivers a consumate performance in this latest rendition of the Bros. Grimm classic.
Ms. Theron is an excellent actress who understands how to use her considerable attributes; both as a formidable, no nonsense actress who carefully deploys the enticements of her beauty with skillful subtlety and grace to achieve a devastating portrayal of her role as Queen Ravenna that is believable and as close to a level of perfection that does justice to the original spirit of the Bros. Grimm tales.

Chris Hemsworth impresses the viewer as a serious actor with unexpectedly adroit linguistic skills, showcasing his ability to achieve a convincing colloquial accent with admirable consistency. It is refreshing to observe a larger range Mr. Hemsworth's acting skills that are hindered by the Disney/Marvel depiction of Thor.

One of the most pleasing aspects of the film is the reinterpretation of the fabled magic mirror with whom Ravenna confers.
It is a spectacular and uniquely original reinvention of the mirror, which is computer rendered with frightening realism and possesses a personae that is a chilling metaphor as a literal mirror of the human psyche.

The storyline is excellent up until the appearance of the 7 dwarves.
At this point the plot reverts to a more saccharine handling of the story that is distressingly more akin to all the previous versions of Snow White which, for the most part, were dumb downed and childish.

The appallingly juevenile and cliche ridden aspects of the film are mercifully dispersed incrementally and completely discarded by the end of the movie leading up to the final showdown between Ravenna and the huntsman. We are also spared the confectioners piping bag ending of Snow White riding into the sunset with prince charming living happily ever after. If that was the case, I would have given it only 2 stars.

Ravenna's costumes and makeup are a wonder to behold.
The special effects are lusciously rendered and breathtaking; is there nothing these technical wizards of CG aren't capable of.
on October 31, 2012
A: She was exactly what I expected, based on everything else I've seen her in. She expresses every emotion, whether it's anger, fear, or determination with a look of constipation - furrowed brow, gritting teeth, etc. She does a lot of running in this film, and I have to say that she actually does this well. Perhaps she could find a film where she portrays a marathon runner, and she would probably be praised.

Charlize's evil queen is total camp, but she's great. She expresses her evilness with a steely smirk and a slooooow, drawling British accent. Chris Hemsworth is always fun to watch, and he plays the Huntsman with an equal measure of strength and humor. It's very fortunate these two actors are able to balance Stewart's blandness.

The special effects are quite stunning, as anyone who saw the trailer already knows. We see too little (pun intended) of the dwarfs, all portrayed by great British actors. They make their appearance pretty late in the film, but add a jolt of fun to a sometimes dark story.

This was a decent film, but not one I will watch again.
on January 29, 2015
I bought this movie to see Charlize. I do not deny it and she does not disappoint at all. Some great acting chops in there to go with it. Really.
Modern movies stretch "fairy tales" way past their intended origins. We know, roll with it.
The modern CGI is fun and eliminates a LOT of earth polluting Styrofoam sets, which just end up in landfills. Shooting on location is less and less necessary, which saves on jets and tractor trailer pollution.
I saw nothing of Kristen Stewart previously, so my unbiased 1st impression is a very pretty girl of the modern ilk who throw themselves into the fray. Bruises et al. Kudos to her. Charlize' face shows emotion better but she's done it longer. More little facial muscles exercised in the actors' toolbox I suppose.
I love to see the little people get gigs. Big thumbs up every time for such "diversity". It shouldn't take an old classic to see that happen though.
on October 27, 2012
Snow white and the Huntsman - - - - I do not post often, but this time I felt I need to - - -

I was surprised by the movie, but still not so much, to say »woow« - - - - The problem I saw here was not so much with the story, or costumography. The casting was for the most part, all wrong, and that ruined a possibly a quite good movie. Charlize Theron is one of my favorite actresses, and she did a great job, with what she had been given to work with.

Chris Hemsworth - - - Great choice for the huntsman

There it ends - - - - I do not follow Kristen Stewart's acting career, for that matter I do not follow any of the careers. - - - - Even less their personal lives, I really do not give one toss about privacy of these people, who chose a profession in which they are supposed to portray certain characters AND emotions.

I of course HAVE NOT seen the Twilight movies, nor I seriously doubt I will ever see them - - - I saw Kristen for the first time in this movie, and I can honestly say, that if this is how she acts, she has definitely missed the calling. There is just something missing in "her" - - - a charisma, an eye catcher - - - Something is just not there - -

Kristin Kreuk would be perfect for the role of Snow White, or Mary Elisabeth Winstead, OR - - - Elisabeth Harnois - - - She has certain innocence within her, certain cuteness, and she actually knows how to act . . . . That guy William - - - They should have killed him at the start of the movie, and work more on the Huntsman and Snow White's romantic side of the story - - - - There was potential, but they wasted it - - primarily with bad casting for the Snow White - - - and script.

Not to mention, that the character of William was something to be desired for - - - Most characters were shallow, and boring actually,his was one of the worst - -

- The rest of the cast did what they could. . . . . Given the Material they had. . . . Music score was nice. I liked the song - Florence + The Machine: "Breath of Life"

Scenery was good - - -

Now one of the biggest failures of the movie, which was supposed to be climatic, was downright a complete WTF - - - Motivational speech just after she wakes up in the castle - - - WTF and once again WTF - - - - It definitely did not motivate - - I mean I'd desert her the moment she'd finish with her speech - - - -

Well it is hard to top William Shakespeare's Henry the V. speech - - - Quote:

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother; be never so vile. This day shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhood's cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day."

But come on, they didn't even try - - - it made absolutely no sense - - - The final battle ( Possible Spoilers )- - - It was illogical, and made no tactical sense - - - ( Dwarfs holding the gatehouse, I mean come on, if one would see gates opening, one would Immediately send troops to retake the gates, OK if you forget that - - what do you do first, when you enter the castle you take the high ground, battlements and the gate house, not fighting in the court yard )

Maybe it is just me, but I notice this kind of things in movies, when there are battles in them - - To name two biggest issues I had with battle - - - Few small details and it would make the whole final scenes much better - - - One could make an epic finale, but they just sided through it - - - Boring actually.
on March 12, 2017
Ermergerd.... Hemsworth and Theron are the ONLY redeemable main characters in this movie. I could have easily given this a 4 or 5 star rating if it had nearly any other lead actress. The graphis were pretty awesome and Theron KILLED it as the evil queen (total rockstar evil b*!!!) . But Stewart as kind, caring, warm, lovable, inspiring. . . not at all.
on July 22, 2016
I love this movie. It takes the animated classic to a whole new adult level of entertainment while sticking to the original Disney story. Charlize Theron (an outstanding actress) does a fantastic job as Snow White's evil stepmother. My only complaint (and it is a mild one) is that they did not find a stunning actress to play the "Fairest of them all" Snow White.
on March 11, 2017
I was very disappointed in this movie. Charlize Theron is the only redeeming factor, simply because she is so beautiful to watch. The plot is so simplistic it's mind-numbing. Kristen Stewart's performance is wooden and her character is flat and uninteresting.
Watching this movie was a complete waste of time and money.
on March 2, 2017
ive never seen the movie. my son is addicted to his video collection.
he is "disabled", (mildly retarded), and he loves to watch his movies.
he says he likes this one.